Status: new original fiction.

Genome Project.

One.

My name is Ariel Shards, when I was fifteen years old I was taken from my family and home; I was placed in something called the Genome Project. What they did to me was beyond horrible, they took my genes and split them; joining them with another set of genes.

When I woke up, I wasn't on earth anymore. Instead I was on a ship and I was being forced to learn how to hunt and track, I went from being a normal human with a boring life; into something dangerous with a life of fear and adventure.

I track people and either bring them back to the ship, take them to the higher power or kill them on the spot. Truly depends on my mood.

I can't remember how long it’s been since I saw my home planet. But I missed it every passing day, I missed my mother and my sister. Going to school and getting good grades. I truly never thought my life would be this way, standing on a ship, star into the black void of space waiting for my next orders.

The footsteps caught my ears before they were even in the hull, I could hear the sigh escaping from their lips as they shuffled towards me; slightly out if breathe.

"What is it?" I asked without looking at them, my hands rested together behind my back.

"You’re wanted.." They responded.

A slight growl escaped my throat as I turned and made my way to head of the ship, I was needed not wanted. But it was nice to hear it, that I was wanted instead of needed my footsteps echoed through the empty halls until I reached the main corridor.

The corridor was filled with people and random creatures, my eyes scanned the area swiftly as I made way to the head of the ship. Bumping into people. Getting my feet stepped on and even getting some weird alien drool on my coat. How ever it wasn't long until I was in the safety of the captain cabins, captain Rye.

"You wished my services?" I spoke, my eyes low to the floor and my hands behind my back.

"No, the higher up did." My eyes raised as I was not looking at him, seated in his chair. "You must fetch something for them, something from the planet Earth." My ears twitched as the name, my heart rate slightly rising. "Is that clear?"

I gave a swift nod as I slowly turned, my missions statement would be in my room like usual. It never ended and the breaks I did get were short, but well lived. And as much as I wanted to jump and scream for joy that I was going home, my genes wouldn't let me. Because that wasn't who I was anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?