Status: new original fiction.

Genome Project.

Two.

"Mom, do you think that we are truly meant for something? Like we make a difference in the universe?"

My mother looked from the stars over to me, her hand softly touching my cheek. A small smile spread on her face, she always thought my questions were marvelous for some reason.

"We all have a purpose, one day you will find yours." She spoke with a proud look on her face.


I stared at the planet beneath my ship, it had been a long time since I saw this wonderful blue orb. As much as I missed it, my genes wouldn't allow me to cry or even feel the throbbing in my heart. Instead, I was set on my mission.

My mission was to grab a book, it was called The Book of Toth. And one of the three wanted it for their reasons, sighing I sat in my seat and made my way towards the earth.

"What if we don't find a purpose?" I asked my mother, her head was rested on her arms.

Her eyes lingered on my own "Don't ever think that, no matter what you go through, we all have a purpose. Good or bad, we are meant to do something; I had you. That was my purpose."

I gave her a swift smile as I looked back in the sky, a shooting star catching my eye and I wished to find my purpose in life.


My boots pattered against the marble floor of the library, my ears were perked and my eyes were set on finding the book. They wouldn't have something so ancient just sitting out in the open, my feet stopped as I stared at the glass case- they would. A sigh escaped my lips as I tilted my head to the side, the thing was guarded by an alarm.

Rolling my eyes I leaned my body to one side, I had to figure out how to get it with out triggering the alarm.

It wasn't going to be easy, but I would figure it out. My hand traced my belt, feeling around for something that I could use. Thinking it was going to be an easy job, I didn't pack much. Not one of my smarter choices.

Finally I pulled a small gadget from my side, two needles connected with a mechanical device on the bottom.

"This will do." I spoke to my self as I took a few steps forward and placed it on the glass, I stood back and watched as it etched a hole in the three inch thick glass. Once done, I stuck my hand in and grabbed the book.

Taking a moment I stood and looked at it, the book was large but not massive. It had beautiful markings all around it, the leather was soft as if made just the day before. My hand went down to the side of the book tracing over the lock, it was an old key that was needed to open the book. My fingers froze when I felt the cold metal against my neck, narrowing my eyes I tilted my head softly.

"I think that belongs to me." His voice was deep and husky, but stern at the same time.

A smirk played at my lips as I held the book close to my body, as sexy as he sounded; he was sent by one of the Valor's as well. This meant that this was going to turn into a fight, he nudged the gun into my neck once more causing me to slightly groan. It wasn't the most comfortable thing I wanted against my skin, and it still had a bit of heat to from being used recently.

It was probably going to leave a mark.

"Come on, hand it over." I watched from the corner of my eye as his hand went around my body, reaching to grab the book. So I waited- waited until he was close enough to grab him, my hand reach out and gripped his wrist. My foot quickly shot out and hit his shin, a grunt escaping his lips. Ducking and twist his arm, I dropped the book and pulled out my weapon and pointed it.

"I could do this all day, but I have a book to return." I watched him slightly struggle on his knees, his arm still twisted in my hand. His face how ever wasn't in my view, he was looking at the floor between us. My eyes followed his view, a gasp escaped my lips as I tried to move but couldn't. The hole opened and my body was pluming to the floor below.

"Son of a bitch!"

Looking up I watched as he waved down to me with the book in his hand, "I'm going to kill him." I muttered to my self as I quickly tried to catch up to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so far to everytone that has commented and subscribed =)