Sequel: Solar Flair
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Blood Magic

Chapter Six Chosen

Chapter Six
Chosen

I couldn’t believe any of this was really happening to me. Even though Dean and I were spending a lot of time together we hadn’t really made anything official. Dad was sitting at the kitchen table that morning when I walked in. Grandma was outside in the garden. I sat down across from him with my bowel of Fruit Loops which was a custom for me on weekends. Dad smiled at me as he looked over his newspaper at me.

“So, what time is Dean coming?”
Dad asked bringing his mug of coffee to his lips. I blushed at the mention of his name shifting my gaze from the colorful loops to my dad. He smirked swallowing his coffee.
“Around noon, I don’t know why I’m so nervous”.
I said spooning clerical into my mouth. Dad nodded to me.
“He seems nice, you don’t find young men like that these days”.
Dad said as he got to his feet crossing the kitchen to the sink. I smiled at him. He was right, Dean seemed to have better manners then most people these days. He was a gentleman, and it was weird that dad liked him. Most dad’s these days don’t care for the guys their daughters date. I turned myself in my seat looking at my father now.

“Dad, did you just say you like Dean?”
I asked. Dad sighed giving the best smile.
“If I didn’t I would have done something about him at the hospital”.
Dad said turning back to me. I smiled at him getting up and hugging him. He hugged me back.
“I’m going to take the next year off”.
He said nearly shocking me to the floor. I gaped up at him tears welling in my eyes.
“Are you serious?”
I asked. Dad nodded.
“You’ll be 18 soon, I’ve missed so much of your life. This next year I’m going to be a full time dad that is if you can forgive me for missing so much of your life”.
I smiled at him hugging him tight.
“Of course I can”.
I cried. I couldn’t believe Dad was really staying with me for a full year. The doorbell rang and I looked at the time.

“He’s early”.
Dad smirked at me.
“Go get ready I’ll entertain him”.
Dad teased. I giggled rushing upstairs. I changed quickly into my favorite batman shirt and a pair of jeans. I pulled my plum colored long button up sweater on too because it was cold that day. After taking my hair back in a ponytail I made my way downstairs, Dean and my father were talking in the kitchen. I bit my lip nervously at the thought of Dean and dad being in the same room alone. As I rounded the corner I saw the two of them laughing and talking like old friends.
“Um, did I just walk into the twilight zone or something?”
I said in a nervous tone. Dean laughed getting to his feet he took my hand in his looking back towards my father.

“No, just getting to know your father”.
Dean smiled. Dad smiled between us.
“Don’t keep her out too late Dean”.
Dad said before coming over and hugging me again.
“I love you”.
He said. I smiled at him.
“I love you too dad”.
I said smiling at him. I followed Dean out to his car. It was a 1950s black mustang and it looked brand new. Dean smiled at me as he opened the passenger door. I got into the car strapping myself in. Dean started the car pulling out of the driveway. As we started down the road he took hold of my hand in his lacing his fingers with mine.
“You’ve never questioned why my hands are so cold”.
Dean said keeping his eyes on the road. I smiled at him.
“It never bothered me. I thought you were just one of those people how have naturally cold hands or pour circulation”.

Dean laughed a musical laugh that made me smile.
“For someone as intuitive as you are, I’d think you would have had more questions for me”.
Dean said looking over at me. I shrugged lightly.
“I really don’t think it’s my place, besides. A major hot James Dean looking guy starts hanging out with me and treating me like a princess. I am not going to question that”.
Dean laughed looking over at me.
“James Dean huh? My mom was a James Dean fan. It’s how I got my name”.
Dean said. I smiled at him turning myself to face him.
“I should have brought my notebook for that interview if you’re going to start opening up to me”.
I said laughing lightly. Dean smirked keeping his eyes forward.

“Well, you’re about to find out everything there is to know about me. I just hope it doesn’t scare you off”.
Dean said. I frowned at him suddenly curios what he was talking about. Was I about to walk into a house full of cold skinned Wizards or something? If he thought there was a witch here to assassinate me it would make scene right? Dean pulled in to a large beautiful Victorian estate that put Grandma’s place to shame. I followed Dean up the steps as the beautiful doors swung open. A girl with red hair dressed in a beautiful blue sun dress smiled at me.

“Hello!”
She beamed her golden eyes flickering with a bright light I knew came from her soul. She hugged me smiling turning to Dean.
“It’s about time he brought you home”.
She said. Dean rolled his eyes shrugging out of his leather jacket and hanging it up on a hook on the wall.

“This is my sister I suppose you could say. Amanda”.
Amanda rolled her eyes at his tone.
“Really Dean? Stop trying to sound so damn cool”.
Amanda scolded. Dean smirked at her slipping his arm around my shoulders.
“I don’t have to try, I am cool”.
He said in a sly tone. I giggled following Dean deeper into the house. Dean and I moved around the house as he led me by my hand, he showed me the parlor and the den. The kitchen and even the back sun room. Dean smiled at me as we reached the last room on the tour. His bedroom.
“Well this is the only room left”.
Dean said without hesitating he opened the door. I gaped at the sight before me, it was like a really cool 1950’s hang out. There was a jukebox in the corner and posters of old movies from the 50’s hanging on the walls. There was a pool table and a black leather couch.

“Holy 1950’s batman”.
I said walking into the room. Dean laughed shoving his hands in his pockets as he followed after me.
“You don’t have a bed”.
Dean shook his head as I looked back at me.
“I don’t need one”.
I laughed turning to him.
“Why wouldn’t you need a bed?”
Dean approached me taking my hand in his again. As his fingers laced with mine his other hand grazed my cheek. I smiled up at him feeling the color flood to my cheeks.
“I promise to answer your questions, but first there is something I want to do, something I’ve wanted to do since I saw you”.
Dean said in an inviting tone that made my heart flutter. He led me across the room and turned on a song. It was a balled from the 50’s. He smiled bringing me in to him.

“Dance with me”.
I smiled at him blushing scarlet.
“I’ve never danced with anyone before. I go out of my way to avoid dancing for the sake of humanity”.
Dean laughed as we started to sway to the music.
“I think humanity will forgive you this time”.
He teased. I smiled up at him as we danced together. It was probably the most romantic moment of my life. Just then there was a knock on the door. Dean and I were drawn back from our moment alone. The beautiful girl with mocha skin and beautiful black hair stood in the doorway. She smirked at us.

“We’re ready for you and your feed bag Dean”.
Dean narrowed his eyes at her.
“Don’t talk to her like that Cynthia”.
Dean snapped. Cynthia rolled her eyes crossing her arms.
“She is a feed bag, I’m just stating the fact”.
She walked away. Dean sighed looking back at me cupping my cheek.

“Don’t listen to her”.
Dean said. I frowned at him holding Dean’s hand in mine.
“Why would she call me a feed bag Dean?”
Dean looked down at me cupping my cheek.
“It’s time I started giving you answers”.
He led me out of the room and down the stairs. We arrived in the living room where his family was waiting for us. John smiled at me from his place in the armchair. His wife sat on the arm of the chair and John had his arm around her waist. His brothers, Rex and Michael were sitting on the couch with Amanda and Cynthia.

“Krissi, good to see you again”.
John said as Dean and I made our way into the room. Dean and I sat down on one of the smaller couches. John looked from me to his children.
“Before we begin I think proper introductions are in order. As you know my name is John Wilder. This is my wife Mary Wilder, our other two children Michael and Cynthia, and the twins Rex and Amanda”.
John introduced. Michael gave a curt nod keeping his arm around Amanda’s shoulders. Rex smiled at me giving a wink as he kept his arm around Cynthia. Mary smiled at me from her place next to her husband.

“How much has Dean told you?”
John asked. Dean looked to his father.
“Nothing, I thought it would be best if I had witnesses”.
Dean said sounding nervous. Michael snickered at his brother’s comment. John smirked looking from Dean back to me.
“And what about your father, what has he told you?”
John continued. I shook my head not knowing what my father would know about what was going on here. I shook my head feeling more confused than I did to start with.
“Nothing, what would he know about any of this?”
I said looking between them.

“We’re vampires”.
Cynthia said tactlessly. John and Dean shot her matching hard looks. Mary sighed frowning looking disappointed. Amanda rolled her eyes.
“Way to go Cyn she’ll probably run from the room screaming now”.
Amanda said. Cynthia kept her arms crossed looking at me with a sly smirk on her lips. I looked at Dean who kept his narrowed hard gaze on Cynthia.
“That wasn’t how I wanted to tell her”.
Dean said through his teeth. Cynthia fake smiled at him.
“Sorry”.
She said in an exaggerated tone. Rex nudged her and she smirked relaxing into him. John sighed turning back to me.
“I apologize for my daughter, she’s got a thing or two to learn about tact”.
John said. I turned towards Dean as he hung his head.
“I wanted to tell you. But I couldn’t stand the thought of losing you when I waited so long to find you”.

Mary stood smiling at me.
“I can explain the rest. Come with me”.
She offered her hand. I took it getting up. Mary gave a hard look to Cynthia.
“Start cleaning out the garage.”
Cynthia gaped at her.
“But I just got my nails done”.
Mary shook her head.
“Then your nails are just going to have to suffer. Do as you’re told”.
Mary said in a firm mothering tone. Cynthia rolled her eyes getting up and storming out of the room bumping my shoulder hard with hers on the way muttering “feed bag” so only I could hear her. Mary led me from the room towards what looked like an art gallery. I looked at the paintings, they were all so beautiful. Mary smiled as I admired her work.
“As you can see I’m a bit of an artist as well. But I also have psychic dreams and when I have those dreams I enter a trance and begin to paint what I see in the dream”.
Mary said as we walked together towards a set of doors. I looked up at her.

“What you are about to see is going to be very shocking to you. But please know that no one here means you harm”.
Mary explained. She took my hands into hers.
“Least of all Dean, he has waited a long time to find you”.
Mary continued. I braced myself giving a nod turning towards the doors. Mary unlocked them with an old looking key. As the doors swung open I froze gaping at an art gallery of paintings that were all of me. From being in the womb right up until now. Mary stood silent in the doorway as I walked along the rows of paintings tears coming to my eyes.

“I have been seeing you for a long time. But I never understood why”.
Mary explained. I looked back at her. Mary entered the room slowly.
“Until we found Cynthia. She came to John and I as a human, saying that the angels led her to us. We had her tested for all the mental illnesses and she came back clean. She said the angels wanted her to be like us because something important was going to happen. And she wouldn’t be able to hear the angels unless she reached that next level of power. After deliberating and a lot of talks with her. John finally turned her and Cynthia’s power got so strong she couldn’t turn it off. She has what we like to call the Joan of Arc complex. She can speak to the angels and sometimes they can use her body by taking her over”.

Mary continued as we sat down together. I couldn’t take my eyes off the paintings.
“It was Cynthia who was finally able to give me clarity as to why I was painting you. The angels have chosen you to become a very powerful vampire. Because there is a great task that needs doing and only you are capable of doing it”.
Mary said, I looked at her shaking my head lightly.

“Angels? You think the angels chose me to become a vampire? To do some impossible task?”
Mary sighed looking around the room.
“I’ve been going out of my mind for the past Seventeen years painting a girl I don’t know. Cynthia gave me the answers to my madness. And since then, I haven’t painted you. Since Dean found you”.
She continued. I looked down folding my hands in my lap.
“And you think because the angels have chosen me that there is a witch in town trying to kill me?”
I said finally braking my silence. Mary nodded to me.

“Yes, we believe your life is in danger”.
Mary said and after the car crash I had to believe she was right. Mary sat forwards reaching out towards my hands and I didn’t pull away. She held my hands in hers.
“We have been waiting a long time for you. Dean has been waiting a long time for you more than any of us. You can trust him, he will protect you”.
Mary said trying to ease my fear. I turned myself to face her.
“My dad knows what you are doesn’t he?”
Mary nodded.
“He is an exorcist, I think he knows a vampire when he encounters one. Even one who has yet to be turned”.
Mary said. Suddenly it all made sense, Dad taking a year off to spend time with me. I looked at Mary again.

“When exactly am I to be turned?”
I asked feeling nervous. Mary smiled at me.
“On the 18th summer solstice of your life, in the moment the sun and moon align. You will be changed and that’s when the real danger will begin. So far no one outside of our family knows of this vision”.
I frowned at her feeling kind of scared now. Mary smiled at me cupping my cheek.
“We will do all we can to keep you protected. We were chosen just like you I promise you no harm will come to you”.
I looked at her smiling.
“I can’t believe this is happening to me. There’s nothing extraordinary about me”.
I said. Mary smiled at me.

“Nothing you can see, but everyone around you sees it. Some are envious of it while others want to protect it. Please don’t feel you need to hide from us, we mean you no harm”.
I smiled at her. Mary was more worried about me leaving then anything and, even though any other person would have run from this place screaming when they saw the paintings but there was more going on here. This went beyond fear and any other emotion I could possibly feel. I knew that destiny was at work here. And so did my father, my talk with him that morning made more sense to me and I’d made a note to myself that I’d sit down and talk with him about all this when I got back. For now, I just wanted to take a minute and let everything digest before doing anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3