Sequel: Solar Flair
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Blood Magic

Chapter Eight Enchanted

Chapter Eight
Enchanted

I hugged my knees to my chest as Dean sat on the other side of me on my bed. I pushed my hair back from my face as our eyes locked I smiled at him. He turned himself to face me and smiled his stunning smile. It had been weeks since I found out about everything with the angels and me being chosen to become a vampire for some unknown reason. Dean was being super protective over me and honestly so was Dad and the other members of Dean’s family. Even Grandma was pitching in. I could sense Michael outside my window staying hidden among the shadows, he was acting as look out for Dean. Rex was a few blocks away keeping an eye out and Amanda was downstairs with
Grandma playing a game of Hearts with her.

“So, it’s been a bout a week and you’ve had time to let your brain absorb what’s going on”.
Dean began. I nodded to him. Dean smiled a nervous boyish smile and I knew if he was capable of blushing he would be right now. He shoved his hand in his pocket never taking his eyes away from me.

“I know you’ve taken in a lot and after the attack you’re probably really scared so, I understand if you need time to think”.
Dean said. I giggled at his expression taking his hand in mine.
“Dean, will you just ask me to be your girlfriend already?”
I smiled at him. Dean smirked lacing his fingers with mine. He drew an old Victorian locket from his pocket. It was a beautiful orb shape with sapphires around it. I gaped at the locket then back to him. Dean looked down at the locket.
“I don’t remember my human life, and I don’t remember how I was changed. But what I do know, is this locket belonged to my mother”.
Dean said opening it and showing an old photo from the 30’s of a man and a beautiful woman who was holding a two year old Dean in her lap. I smiled looking at him tears glazed in my eyes.

“Dean, it’s beautiful”.
I whispered. Dean smiled at me closing the locket.
“Will you be my girl?”
He asked making me feel like I was in one of those classic movies from the 50’s where the guy gives his class ring to the girl. I nodded to him wiping away my tears. Dean placed the locket around my neck sealing the clasp. It hung perfectly around my neck. I looked up at him and smiled.
“Mine forever?”
He asked. I nodded to him leaning into his touch.
“And ever”.
I beamed. Just before Dean and I could kiss there was a tapping on the window. Both Dean and I looked over at Michael who waved at us flexing his eyebrows teasingly. I laughed as Dean shook his head opening the window.

“What are you doing? You’re supposed to be keeping watch”.
Michael laughed landing on his feet shoving his hands in his pockets.
“Well it’s your turn to keep watch, its fuckin cold out there”.
Michael said rubbing his hands together. Dean narrowed his eyes at his brother.
“Language”.
Dean said giving him a hard look. Michael laughed sitting on the bed.
“She isn’t a swear virgin Dean. Just get out there”.
Michael continued sitting down on the bed. Dean sighed turning back to me.
“I apologize in advance for anything he does or says”.
Dean said before placing a quick kiss on my cheek. I turned back to Michael as he sat on me bed grinning at me.

“Have a seat newbie”.
He patted the open space next to him after speaking. I nervously walked over sitting next to him. Michael smirked as he leaned back on his hands.
“I don’t bite you know”.
He said looking over at me. I cracked a small smile.
“Don’t all vampires kind of have to bite?”
I retorted. Michael laughed flopping back on the bed resting his hands on his stomach.
“Too true human. But unless you’re a black bear you’ve got nothing to worry about”.
Michael continued. I laid back next to him resting my feet on the floor since we were laying sideways on the bed. Michael kept his eyes fixed on the ceiling.

“Wanna hear my vampire story?”
He asked out of the blue. I looked over at him.
“Sure”.
Michael smirked to himself as he rested his hands on his stomach.
“John and Mary named me oldest on the registration form for school here. They like to make people think I’m older because I’ve had more “experience” in the world then Dean or Rex. When I was changed it was 1992, I was born in 1975. I was seventeen years old and pissed at the world. Kurt Cobain was my hero. And I was convinced that the world was against me”.
Michael said. I looked over at him and smiled a little.

“You were a grunge rocker huh? I like Kurt Cobain too”.
I said. Michael smirked looking over at me.
“I knew there was something I liked about you. Anyway, my mom was a stripper and my step father was an abusive mother fucker. One night, she got high on crack and ended up passing out. I tried to get her to the hospital and my step father didn’t like that. So, he beat the shit out of me until he knocked me out cold. When I woke up. I was being dragged across a field by my ankles I guess the bastard thought I was dead. When he saw I wasn’t He shot me right in the stomach”.
Michael said looking back to the celling.

“She smelt the blood and found me, this grunge rocker with long greasy hair dying, She didn’t hesitate to change me since I only had seconds to live”.
I smiled at him rolling onto my side.
“Amanda changed you?”
Michael nodded.
“She had been hunting in the area. I’ve asked her a million times why she didn’t just leave me to die like my Step Father did”.
I sat up turning towards him.

“What did she say?”
Michael smiled at me.
“She said, she couldn’t let me die because she saw the pain in my eyes, that there was too much life left for me to live. So she changed me, but it didn’t take long for me to fall hard for her”.
Michael smirked sitting up looking over at me.
“Anyway, because I dealt with abuse and was homeless from running away all the time and shit. John and Mary seem to think I come off as “Mature”. But I think its bullshit. Rex is older”.
Michael said. I smiled at him.
“Maybe, but your wise beyond your years, you obviously have street smarts and you’ve seen the dark side of humanity, but you still tried to save your mom after all she put you through”.
I said never losing my smile.

“I don’t know what I’d do if I ever saw my mom, but I know I would never do a damn thing to save her life after she abandoned me”.
I continued feeling a little anger burning in my chest. Michael smirked to himself.
“I’ve never seen it like that. I always thought they just like laying all the responsibilities on me by claiming I was their oldest”.
I nodded leaning back on my hands.
“It might seem that way Michael. But you’re an old soul. And I think they see that in you”.
He grinned at me.
“Maybe your right. Maybe that’s why they keep claiming me as their oldest son”.
Dean came back in through the open window. He looked between Michael and I but before he could speak a word Michael stood walking past him to the window.

“You’ve found yourself a keeper Dean.”
He grinned back at me before climbing out the window. Dean looked between us.
“Ok. What did I miss?”
I shrugged.
“Michael just told me what happened to him. How he was changed and how he never understood why John and Mary always name him as their oldest”.
Dean sat down on the other side of me.
“I see, so you know it was the 90’s when he was turned. Amanda found him when she was hunting”.
Dean said as he took me in his arms. I rested my hand against his chest.
“It’s awful his step father tried to kill him for trying to save his mom”.
I said.

Dean nodded.
“Michael was hard to control when he was changed. But John got through to him. He saved all our lives really and made us a family”.
Dean said looking down at me. His hand grazed my cheek.
“I hope you know, once the change happens you will be just as much a part of our family”.
Dean continued. I smiled gazing into his eyes.
“I know. And I’ll be really grateful for that. But I know a time will come when I miss my father and grandma”.
Dean nodded
“I know, nothing will ever replace them in your heart. But I will always be here for you. I’m yours forever”.
Dean said.

I smiled at him cupping my hands against his jawline lightly.
“That means a lot coming from a vampire”.
I teased, Dean laughed kissing my forehead lightly.
“I promise to keep you safe no matter what”.
He said. I rested my head against his chest closing my eyes as I took in the moment of enchantment between us. Everything was clear to me now for the first time in my life. Dean was my boyfriend, and despite the danger that was lurking waiting to be the end of me. I wouldn’t trade this moment for anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3