Sequel: Solar Flair
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Blood Magic

Chapter Nine Possession

Chapter Nine
Possession

I ran my fingers through my hair sighing to myself as my eyes flicked from the purple sparkling tang top I was wearing to my bulky cast that managed to make everything I put on look awful. I sighed shaking my head going to the closet again. Today was the day I’d be returning to school as Dean’s girlfriend and I wanted to look good. Amanda sat on my bed all smiles as she snickered at me while I pulled off the top and grabbed a new one.

“You’re obsessing”.
Amanda said in a sing song tone as she flipped through the pages of one of my manga’s. I looked back at her and sighed pulling the red top down over my stomach looking at my reflection again.
“I’m Dean’s girlfriend, I want to look presentable”.
I said. Amanda laughed lightly getting to her feet.
“Honey, it doesn’t matter to Dean what you wear”.
She said walking back to the closet and rummaging through it. She pulled out a sky blue long sleeved top I hadn’t worn since my arm was broken. She held it out to me and I cringed.
“My cast is too bulky”.
I complained. Amanda laughed at me rolling her eyes.

“Just put it on perfectionist”.
She scolded. I grabbed the top putting it on. It clung to my soft slender frame nicely. I thought for sure the bandages around the wound on my stomach and my broken ribs would be bulky under the top too. The only thing that made it look bad was the cast. Amanda turned back to me rolling the sleeves up neatly folding them under so they came down to just my elbows and stopped there. It actually looked ok. She grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and shoved them into my arms.
“Hurry up. Dean’s gunna be here soon and you two don’t wanna be late”.
Amanda said. I smiled at her.

“Thanks”.
I said, Amanda was probably as close to having a real best friend as I’ve ever come. I pulled the jeans on and my combat boots. Taking my hair back in a ponytail only to take it down growling with frustration. I ran the brush through my hair a couple hundred times before the doorbell rang. I took a deep breath looking at myself in the mirror. My life was about to change forever. It already had, but now the whole town was about to know it. I grabbed my coat and messenger bag making my way downstairs. I hugged dad and Grandma Goodbye before meeting Dean on the porch. He smirked at me as we walked to the car together.

“Feel like throwing up?”
He said knowingly. I swallowed hard.
“Yup”.
Dean laughed kissing the side of my head before opening the passenger door for me. I smiled at him hearing his laugh always made me feel better. He drove towards the school with one hand on the wheel his other hand around mine as our fingers remained locked. His mother’s locket hung around my neck matching the sky blue of the top I was wearing nicely. As we pulled into the parking lot the scene was the same as normal until Dean got out of the car walking around to my door.

When he opened my door taking my hand in his and easing me out of the mustang. The world stopped and everyone’s jaw dropped open. The football players dropped the ball while the popular girls gaped in horror. The outcasts looked like they were witnessing some impossible event. Dean smirked to himself draping his arm around my shoulders and placing a kiss on the side of my head.
“I think we killed them”.
Dean snickered as we walked. I smiled up at him resting my head against his shoulder.
“Maybe, I personally didn’t notice”.
I said in a playful tone. Dean laughed as we walked towards Michael’s truck together, Rex and Michael were sitting on the tailgate. I noticed Cynthia was sitting in the cab with the radio on. I still didn’t know what her problem with me was. Rex smiled at me.

“You two made quite the entrance”.
He snickered. Michael laughed putting his cigarette out against the side of the tailgate.
“Yeah, I think the populars shit themselves”.
Michael added. Dean rolled his eyes snickering at Michael’s comment. Amanda crossed the lot back to the group giving me a one armed hug before she found her way into Michael’s arms.
“I told you you’d look cute in that top today”.
Amanda beamed. Dean smiled at me tucking my hair behind my ear.
“She looks cute all the time”.
He commented, I blushed diverting my gaze from his. The bell rang before anyone else could comment on Dean’s mushy moment. Dean looked to Rex who hopped down from the tailgate.

“You can trust me”.
Rex said to Dean taking my arm. I followed Rex across the grounds to the math building since Dean was going the other way towards the Gym with Michael and the girls. I followed Rex looking back over my shoulder towards Dean who was watching us to make sure we got to the door. I waved to him before turning back to the doors. Rex opened the door for me.
“Can I ask you something?”
I said as we walked through the halls of the math building. Rex smirked to himself stopping at his locker. I waited while he put the combination in.

“You just did, so yeah you can”.
I half laughed looking at my feet nervously. Rex had this whole older brother vibe to him that kind of intimidated me. It was like his intelligence was beyond my understanding.
“Why does Cynthia hate me so much?”
I asked nervously. I didn’t want to offend Rex or anything but I kind of wanted to know what her deal was. Rex sighed turning back to me.

“Cynthia was raised by a very abusive stage mother who taught her that anyone better than her is a threat. She is also the only one who knows what you will become after the change. The power you’ll have and the kind of vampire you’ll be. Obviously knowing these things she sees you as a threat”.
Rex said as we started walking again. I hugged myself as we walked.
“That doesn’t sound good. Do you think she’d try to”.
My question was silenced by Rex’s intense gaze. He shook his head.

“Cynthia is a lot of things but she won’t kill you Krissi, she’s already promised John, Mary and Dean that she wouldn’t”.
Rex explained as we walked. I nodded taking comfort in his words. At least I didn’t have a rouge vampire on my ass. I looked back to Rex as another question formed in my head.
“When were you changed?”
I asked, Rex smirked to himself.

“1602, John and Mary found me after I had been fatally wounded by my wife’s lover”.
I gaped at him a moment.
“You had a wife?”
I whispered. Rex laughed to himself.
“Yes, back then 17 wasn’t that young to get married. She fell in love with someone else and he believed by killing me they could be together. I swore off love after that. Until I met Cynthia”.
Rex smiled at the sound of her name.

"I was with them when she came to them in the 20’s begging them to change her, I helped her through everything. She really is sweet and kind and good inside. If she doesn’t see you as a threat anyway”.

Rex sighed turning back to me.
“I know it’s hard to take. But if you weather the storm, I believe the two of you will become good friends. Maybe even like sisters”.
I gave Rex a look of exasperation shaking my head lightly. I could not see her ever coming to like me at all. We found our seats in math class and had some time before the bell rang.
“So, do you have a gift?”
Rex sighed shaking his head.
“More of a curse, I can’t forget anything that’s ever happened to me. I remember everything with excruciating detail. Dates, times, colors. Everything”.
Rex said in a low tone. I frowned at him.

“The worst part is remembering the faces. Like the face of my wife’s lover when he killed me. So much rage and hate towards a man he’d never met”. Rex shook his head resting his arms on his desk.
“I will never understand humanity”.
He said to himself. That was when it dawned on me. Rex was the tortured soul of the group. The haunted one. Michael was a natural born leader and a charismatic guy. That was why Mary and John made him older. It was something Rex couldn’t handle because he was so consumed with the pain of his memories.

“I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wished for Dean’s amnesia. To forget just for one day”.
He sighed. I frowned at him.
“I’m sure Dean feels the same way about your ability”.
I said trying to sound sympathetic. Rex smiled at me as the bell rang. It brought an end to our conversation and class started. I was trying to solve the question on the board thumbeling with my calculator muttering to myself since the numbers weren’t working right. I was the only one who didn’t look up at the sound of the teacher’s chair dragging across the floor as if to slide out from the desk.
“Come on”.
I whined at my calculator.

“Miss Starr!”
The teacher, Miss Walton, who was a 64 year old short woman with graying hair. I looked up to see her eyes were pure black and a strange pentagram mark was glowing on her forehead.
“It is time for you to meet your maker”.
All at once she grabbed me around the throat with impossible strength and heaved me out of my seat slamming me into the white board hard. Rex sprang to his feet looking back at the other students.

“Get help!”
He barked at them. All of them stood running from the room. Rex lunged taking Miss Walton down but she bit his arm hard. Rex roared in pain falling back from her as she grabbed me by my hair dragging me back into the room the doors slamming shut and locking as the lights began to flicker. I pushed myself backwards gaping up at her tears in my eyes.

“Miss Walton?”
She grinned at me it was a monstrous grin that didn’t suite her at all, she was normally so sweet and kind. She grabbed me by my throat again driving me into the wall. I winced from my broken ribs and the wound on my stomach.

“Stop! Please!”
I choked through my tears. Rex moved fast slamming a chair across her back braking it and knocking her down. He grabbed me.
“Get on my back now!”
He ordered. I jumped into Rex’s back and we bolted from the room at a blurring speed. But instantly and impossibly Miss Walton moved with the same speed appearing in front of us and slamming her fist hard into Rex’s stomach knocking us backwards. We slammed through the glass doors in an explosion of energy. Rex moved to push himself upright but was forced down again by Miss Walton who had him around the throat her arms bound around him. It looked like she was trying to rip his head off his body.

“Run”.
He choked looking at me. I shook my head running at her and tackling her off of him as I screamed out with anger taking her down. I pinned her down forcing her off of Rex. She grabbed a shard of glass driving it into my broken arm. I screamed at the top of my lungs as she twisted it deep into the broken bone. She grabbed my face with her other hand grinning up at me.
“You will die and you will burn! By order of the most holy!”

I winced screaming in pain. Suddenly Miss Walton screamed like a wounded animal as she released me something wet falling around us. I felt arms around me and was pulled backwards by John again his eyes narrowed as he stood behind my father who was holding a cross and a bottle of holy water.

“By the power of the all mighty god! I cast you out!”
My father roared with authority. He used more holy water on Miss Walton who coward and recoiled like a snake hissing at my father who continued his approach.
“By the power of God all mighty I cast the out!”
He roared again. Miss Walton grinned up at him with her black eyes.
“The old woman is gone. And soon your daughter’s blood will be on his hands”.
Miss Walton spoke in a demonic tone that was not her own. John narrowed his eyes at the old woman.

“Name yourself Demon”.
He commanded. Miss Walton laughed a thick demonic laugh looking between my father and John.
“I am darkness, I am fear, I am death and decay. Destruction and famine! “
My father brought the cross forwards and she hissed at me pressing herself back against the wall looking at my father with such hate. My father kept his eyes narrowed at her.

“Name yourself Demon!”
My father roared. I looked to my father scared something was going to happen to him. But my father had complete control of everything.
“I AM LILITH!!!!”
She screamed. John and my father piled at the words. Before I could speak my father drove the cross into her face and dumped the holy water on her head.
“By the power of God all mighty I cast the out!!!”
This time there was an exploration of energy all around us that made me wince. My father looked back towards the doors.

“It’s alright!”
He called out, Grandma rushed in checking Miss Walton’s vitals while John set me down and Dad came over to me. I winced slumping into my father tears rolling down my cheeks.
“She isn’t safe in the open”.
John said looking to my father. Dad nodded examining my arm.
“She isn’t safe here. We need to move her”.
My father said scooping me up in his arms caring me outside. John followed.
“My brother can help us”.
John offered. My father looked at him.

“I appreciate your help. And welcome it. But right now, this is witch craft we are dealing with. I think I have the authority over this enemy and, I’m her father”.
Dad said. John nodded.
“Of course, I didn’t mean to over step”.
John said. My father nodded.
“Be back at the house at midnight. We will be moving her then”.
John nodded to my father as he put me in the car.

“We’ll be there”.
John said before dad closed the door. As I sat in the car my eyes locked with Dean’s He looked scared and angry his eyes fixed on John who kept him back as my dad drove out of the parking lot.

“I’ve never seen you work before”.
I said once Dad and I were sitting in the examining room. A bandage around the stitching of the wound on my broken arm. We were waiting for a new cast to be put on. Dad looked at me and smiled.

“I didn’t want to scare you. Besides, you’re a hypersensitive last thing I want is for you to be possessed yourself”.
Dad said. I looked over at him.
“Hypersensitive?”
I asked. Dad smiled at me.

“That’s why you’re good with Tarot cards and energies. Why you’re so intuitive. I’ve known you were supernaturally gifted the moment you were born”.
Dad said getting up from his chair and sitting next to me. I rested my head on my father’s shoulder looking up at him. I knew better than to speak a demons name out loud so I had to rephrase my question before asking.

“Who was that demon Dad?”
I asked hoping he’d catch on. Dad looked down at me.
“Daughter of the devil himself, it would have taken very powerful blood magic to summon such a demon, a sacrifice would have to be made which means someone is probably dead somewhere in the town”.
Dad said. Our conversation stopped as the doctor came back ready to give me a new cast.

Once the cast was done Dad and I headed towards the main lobby together.
“Krissi!”
I froze seeing Mister Rusk approaching us. He had a limp and was using a cane, he also had a thick layer of bandaging around his right hand. Dad kept his arm around my shoulders narrowing his eyes slightly.

“Dorian?”
Mister Rusk looked at my father and smiled.
“Well, look whose back in town”.
Mister Rusk said almost sounding condescending. My Father remained confused keeping his arm around me.
“How do you know my daughter Dorian?”
Dorian smiled at him.

“I’m her English teacher”.
Dorian said as he looking between us.
“We can’t all be master exorcists you know”.
Mister Rusk added. Dad’s grip around my shoulders tightened as he ushered me forwards without another word to Mister Rusk. I looked up at my father feeling confused now.

“I didn’t know you knew him”.
I said, Dad opened the passenger door for me.
“Get in”.
He said without hesitation looking back towards the hospital window. He could see Mister Rusk inside watching us from the lobby and I had to admit it was hella creepy.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3