Birdhouse in Your Soul

Capumon! Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Natalie had an annoyed expression while holding Yume's hair back as she threw up in the public restroom of a restaurant. You're wondering what the hell had happened? Turns out Yume wasn't that much in trouble when Natalie found her. Yume was caught singing the time away and waiting for her rescue. It was all good till Yume began to groan and claimed that she wasn't feeling so good. Jounouchi had finished his quarrels from the previous gang and had apologized to Natalie. She accepted it and had helped him clean out the wounds around his eyes. They had all agree to eat a late dinner at the same burger joint that she and Yugi always went to. Speaking of Yugi, he wasn't present at the moment. Nope. It was the spirit of the puzzle that were with them. He didn't say much to her and she didn't say anything as well. Which she guessed was a good sign for now.

The sound of Yume's heaving almost grossed Natalie out to the point where she almost let go of her hair and run out of there. Yume then stood up to go to the sink and rinse herself. Natalie shivered, almost retching, and peered over to her friend, "You good?"

"I... I'm sober enough to walk back to your place."

Natalie blinked, "Wait, who said you could stay over?"

"I SAID SO!"

"Alright! Alright!" Natalie giggled nervously, not wanting to trigger anything, "You sure you don't want to stick around and get to know the guys?"

Yume calmed down and began to fix her hair, "Not in this state." She then wiped away the smudges of her eyeliner before walking out of there, "I'll see you later!"

Natalie frowned at her departure. She walked over to the bathroom mirror to look at herself in the mirror. There were some bruises around her cheek bones, a black eye, and her lip was a bit swollen. If she had the millennium scale, all of it wouldn't look so concerning. If she had any millennium item to begin with, none of this would've escalated. She realized how much she had depended on those items. It wasn't good. Then again, it wasn't so bad either. "Sachmis."

She jumped at the sound and realized she was still alone in the restroom. She took it back. The millennium items and the shadow games in general were a very bad idea from the start. The sad thing was, she would've ran into those type of things either way at some point of her life. She slapped both sides of her cheeks and groan at the fact that she forgot about the yo-yo beating earlier.

There was a knock at the door that snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked at the door in confusion. Why would anyone knock if they could just walk in to use the stalls? The knocking continued and a voice accompanied it, "Natalie? Are you alright?"

She opened the door to come face to face with the spirit of the millennium puzzle. For the first time he was able to look at her and the bruises she had earned from the gang. He didn't want to admit it but it had angered him. She didn't deserve any of this.

"Sorry, for keeping you." She spoke up as she closed the door behind her, "Yume had left and I needed a little time alone."

He nodded, "That is understandable."

"So, where's Jounouchi?" She asked as she noticed they were the only two (aside from the workers) in the restaurant.

"He had to leave as well." He spoke monotonously. It was like he was holding himself back. She may have apologized and followed her part of the deal but he still didn't trust her.

Natalie held her arm and avoided eye contact. This was most awkward situation she had ever had with him, "Well, I guess I'll go on home then."

His eyebrows furrowed, "You're not going to eat anything?"

She shrugged, "I wasn't really hungry." She didn't know how things are after this. Were they still going to continue to avoid each other? Is there some sort of truce? She couldn't really tell by reading him since he kept his features in check. She pursed her lips in thought. She guessed it be better to continue to keep distance and thank him for coming by to help... Even though it was she who had helped him.

"Well, I'll be going then." She said noticing he wasn't going to say anything, "Thanks for the help back there. Make sure Yugi gets home safe."

"Natalie, wait," He reached out for her before she walked away from him, "I would like to walk you home." It was more of a command than anything else. Natalie gave off a pout and wasn't going to allow this.

"I'll be fine on my own, thanks, and it's getting late."

"I want to speak to you about our terms." Again he wasn't letting his imperative mood go and before Natalie could turn him down again, he spoke, "And since it is late, as you stated, it seems logical that we talk things over as we walk."

Natalie never wanted her temporary living quarters to be known by anybody but if she wanted to gain his trust back, she supposed it wouldn't hurt. Well... There wasn't any way around this adamant spirit. He must have been some sort of general in his previous life. Natalie thought in annoyance, "Okay, after you then."

Natalie had taken the lead to her place as the spirit of the millennium puzzle walked alongside her. Not much was exchanged between the two even though he said he wanted to talk to her. She knew he wasn't much of a talker to begin with. So, she settled by watching his crimson eyes. There he watched the world around him in curiosity and amazement. It was like letting a child out for the first time in the world. Her hands settled on playing with the tips of her hair that was over her left shoulder as she thought about her previous statement about him being some type of military profession. He couldn't be anymore older than Yugi. She wouldn't know anyways. The way he spoke and how he carried himself was like she was speaking to a man... In a teenagers body. Come to think of it, she doesn't know how this spirit looks like. He's in possession of Yugi. The only times she was aware that he's in control is again how he spoke, the change in his attitude and the aura he carried that changed his eyes and overall appearance. She thought back to what Shadi has said. If the millennium puzzle and most likely the spirit had chosen Yugi, then why? How does Yugi fall under this? And who in the hell is the spirit of the millennium puzzle?

She frowned. This was something she should have investigated when she had promised him to but instead she was so focused on taking him away and observe him like a science experiment. Guilt spread through her like a disease. Ever since she had been getting ancient knowledge from the millennium items, she felt a little inhumane.

"Is there something wrong?" His voice brought her back to reality.

She gave him a half smile, though, it didn't reach her eyes, "No, just a little amused."

"Oh?" He smirked, "What's so amusing about my face?"

"Just the fact that you look a bit in a daze." She referred to the world around them.

"Well you have to remember that most of the time I navigate the world through a ship." He held up his pendant and joked, "A puzzle ship for that matter."

Natalie stopped walking just to stare at him poking at the eye of Ra of the millennium puzzle, "A puzzle ship?" She questioned thinking how ridiculous that sounded. She looked over at the building that was her living quarters. The spirit took note on that and stopped to take in how it looked. Memorizing the simple details and the road distance from the game shop and school. He frowned and turned to her, "You live alone?"

"Well, at the moment, Yume is up there in my room." She shrugged, "I don't have any other relatives that I know and those who know me probably think I'm dead."

"Natalie, why couldn't you have told me the truth?"

"Protection."

"From what?"

"From you and from me."

The spirit frowned. Though, it would make sense when they first met but as time progressed they had grown to become two individuals who had trusted each other. Well that's what he thought. Natalie ran her hands through her hair and began, "All my life I've been told what to do and where to go. It all just happened so fast that I became trapped. It wasn't till a little over a few years ago where I began to pull myself away from all that and it led me to these unexpected events. With that led me to believe that there is something else beyond my knowledge with these items I once hunted for those bastards. I just want answers. I never expected the outcome when I ran into the boy who carries the millennium puzzle. I didn't expect you." She turned away from him and he had noticed her eyes shined underneath the street light. He then realized she was trying not to cry. After letting out a large breath she had just breathed in she turned to face him again with determination, "Don't you want to know who you are? Or why all this is happening?"

His hands were around his pendant as his eyes gazed down at the eye of the puzzle. There was a sense of longing and this desire to feel complete in his inner core. His answers were right here with him. And that answer is Yugi. He felt the corners of his lips tug upwards as his eyes closed for a moment. He could feel his soul embracing with the young boy's. In that moment, everything felt full as the moon above them. In that moment, he felt whole. No matter how far he was from the truth or the power of his millennium puzzle. This is what his heart spoke. Forever trusting who he was. He was Yugi. Yugi was him. With that nothing else matters.

After a moment, he had opened his eyes and finally spoke, "I am fine with the way things are." Natalie blinked in confusion as he looked over to her and smiled, "I don't really need to know. I am happy with Yugi."

Natalie frowned but nonetheless she nodded, "If that is what you wish, as for me I won't stop searching."

"Where will you go from then?"

"I don't know." Natalie shrugged, "I just hope I find that sense of belonging like you." She then started walking towards the building.

"Natalie," He called before her and she paused not looking back at him, "I wish to relieve your penalty."

She smiled but he didn't see it and she waved at him, "I'll see you tomorrow, you thousand year old soul."

He smirked and began to walk the opposite direction.

Later on that night...

The pair of golden eyes wouldn't close shut and grant their owner some sleep. She laid on her side. Her body aligned straight as she had her arms crossed. She didn't need a millennium item to know that there was a darkness nearby. It gave her an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach. It seems as if whatever obstacle she overcomes, more seem to appear in front of her. It's like she's playing a part in a huge game. A game of life? She mused but it seems much bigger. The only thing is that she's a blind player. A blind player walking around aimlessly under a game master's control. She has no idea what is in store for her. She still has no idea what the name "Sachmis" means to her or any of this for that matter. And more importantly she feels like she's losing herself and her own mind.

"Natalie, what's wrong?" Yume spoke up in a state of sleepiness as she seemed to noticed her friend's uneasiness.

"I feel like I'm having an identity crisis." Natalie just mumbled back.

"Are you high?"

"Yume, I'm being serious." Natalie snapped at her as she sat up and held her torso, "I feel as if I don't belong in this body or this time period but that makes no fucking sense!"

"Whoa!" Yume stood up from her spot on the couch, now aware that Natalie was having some sort of anxiety attack, "Calm down, now what's the problem?"

"Everything, Yume! I don't know if this is post traumatic stress or I'm just... Ugh, I don't even know anymore!" Natalie just began to rock herself and Yume walked over to hold her friend. Only one time Natalie had broken down like this and that was when Yume and her ran away from the hunters and seeked refuge in Egypt. Yume had hushed her and began to hum a lullaby for the girl. Natalie had already laid back down and curled up. Her breathing was now back to normal and her eyes were now closed. Everything began to slow down. It was now quiet and soft. Yume smirked at how fast the girl had fallen back to sleep. Her green eyes glowed in the dark and her aura had increased carefully as to not alert the poor girl again. Natalie's muscles tense as her body felt Yume's nails graze on her back. Yume hushed her again so she won't wake and began to sing the lullaby she had hummed earlier, "Do not fret, my prince, I am here. Come lie back to sleep. Away from the shadows and away from the thieves."

Natalie was now entering the stage of deep sleep. This enabled Yume to move away from her, "Like a sleeping cub." She giggled as she collected her things and kept humming the lullaby, "I hope you remember those words." Yume spoke to the sleeping Natalie, "They will definitely come back to haunt you."

Yume had walked out of Natalie's apartment. While keeping an eye out to see that nobody was watching her, she made her way to a parked car that had been running for a while. The back seat door was open for her to go in. Again she looked around to see if the coast was clear before stepping in and making herself feel comfortable. There a voice had spoken to her.

"How was it?"

"She found him." Yume replied.

"Does she have the item?"

"Not yet, she's letting the boy keep it."

"Is she aware of her memories?"

"She's aware but she has no idea."

"Then we must act fast, Yume, you know what to do."

-=-

"Do not fret, my prince, I am here. Come lie back to sleep. Away from the shadows and away from the thieves." Sang a male's voice, "Away from those who seek... I'll be here to protect you from your enemies and all your demons."

There on the underside of the bed, she saw through her eyes, green scales. It slithered along the golden bed post. She had found herself crawling towards the large bed. Why wouldn't anyone hear her? Why can't the man stop singing? There was a growl and it didn't come from her. Then there was a cry and it still didn't come from her. Flashes of a green scaled monster growled at her. She growled back. She pounced. She attacked. She bit onto the outstretched, tanned arm, tasting the venom. The last thing she heard...

"Assassin!"

Natalie gasped awake, coughing, grossed out at the taste behind her throat. The next thing she knew was that she lurched on the side of the bed and vomit out whatever it was in her mouth and behind her throat. Able to breath again, her golden eyes opened weakly and she gasped at the sight below her. It was blood.

-=-

Ignoring the unusual event this morning held, Natalie carried out her day as if it were normal. Then again, when did she ever had a normal morning? A normal day for that matter. Eventually, Natalie was back with her friends now that Jounouchi felt relaxed having her around Yugi. The short male had already forgiven her since day one. Miho and Honda did not experience the scene to begin with but they had trusted their friend's judgments. Anzu, on the other hand, wasn't so forgivable. Though, she wasn't going to argue with Yugi about it, yet. Whenever Natalie was a little too close to Yugi, Anzu took it upon herself to cut in by asking Yugi a question relating to school work or direct him to get something for her. Natalie was aware of her actions but didn't seem to mind it. If anything, Natalie felt that she would do the same thing if she were in Anzu's shoes. Natalie had noticed a difference in atmosphere amongst her friends. Even when absent for a week and a few days, it seems her friends had somewhat changed a bit. Jounouchi obviously became more of the older brother of the bunch and had agreed to keep the connection between her and everyone else. She figured he would've been the one who was unforgiving but he was the first to say he was sorry. Miho is... well she's still Miho. Okay, that was mean. She's probably the only female friend that Natalie can openly talk to in school now. Honda still amazed Natalie at the amount of obsessiveness he carries. Anzu appeared to take Natalie's old place and seemed to protect Yugi from her. This act alone triggered something within Natalie. She noticed Anzu walking with Yugi every morning now. Yugi seemed to enjoy her company as well. Natalie had also realized that he had gone much bolder in his actions. It's like the spirit was influencing him much more ever since that night. It was weird because Yugi still had no idea who the spirit is and truly believes that the spirit is him. Natalie rubbed her temples. She could just tell him... No, she had just got his trust back. No need to act like a psycho again.

Natalie did not know what to expect when she had walked in to their classroom. Anything could have happened. What had happened was that there was a gumball looking machine on Miho's desk. Did she ask? Why would she?

"This is a gacha box, isn't it?" Anzu had questioned first. Natalie looked at her strangely, "Gacha what?"

"Capsule monster gacha box, Natalie." Yugi answered her with a smile, "Also known as Capumon, it's popular amongst elementary kids. Each capsule has a hidden monster inside."

"Huh," Was all Natalie could respond. Yeah, she didn't miss out much, "What do the numbers signify, though?" She had asked him.

"It's the level of the monster." Yugi replied, "What you do with these capsule monsters is you play them on a chess-like board. You won't know your opponent's monster, only their level."

She then heard Jounouchi snort, "But there's no way any of this would make Miho happy!"

Miho, then, squealed in delight which made everyone face her. There, hidden with each capsule, was not a monster but jewelry of all kinds. Natalie giggled at the sight, a bit happy for Miho. That is till she found out some college guy had sent Miho, a fifteen year old, this gift with a love note attached to it. Natalie felt a culture clash within her. What was she worrying about? The guy could have probably been fresh out of high school.

Boy, was she wrong.

Before Natalie goes ahead and gets herself into the usual mess, the first sign of concern was that Anzu had went up to her locker after school. Of all people, it had to be Anzu. Natalie wasn't on her list of favorite people in the world.

"Natalie, have you walked with Yugi lately?" She had asked her. Natalie was busying tying her shoe and she had replied, "No, I thought he had been with you."

"I only walk with him in the mornings, since I work after school but lately he's been leaving without saying goodbye." Anzu explained, "So, I figured he was probably with you."

Natalie didn't see anything unusual about it, "He probably went to play at an arcade or his grandfather has been giving extra chores." Shrugging, Natalie stood up, "I guess I'll ask him the next time I see him."

Anzu huffed and she crossed her arms, "It's fine." With that she had walked away and left a confused Natalie.

"Huh, rude."

The second sign of concern was when the spirit had made contact with her one day at school. She couldn't do much but listen to what he had to say. No way was she able to reply back but just stare down at Yugi's shadow. That is how she found herself walking about five feet away from Yugi after school. She had no idea where he was going. Earlier she had asked him if she could accompany him after school. He automatically told her that he was going to be busy and left before she said anything else. She felt like a creep. A stalker, even.

Eventually, Natalie had lost Yugi's trail and frowned to herself. She did not know why the spirit wanted her to follow Yugi around even though Yugi didn't have time to hang out. He's been avoiding the whole group for the past few days. This made her stop in her steps. Her eyes had widened in horror, "Oh my god, Yugi is doing drugs!"

She looked around and cursed to herself. How was she going to find him when she doesn't have a millennium item to help her out?

"Yugi?" She had called out, "Spirit!"

Obviously, there was no reply except for the fact that there are a few people looking at her weirdly for shouting those type of words. Her brain racked through the possibilities to where he could have gone in this general area. Maybe the park? She thought as she continued to walk. Suddenly, a boy wearing a sack to cover his head and mask his face appeared before her trying to act out menacingly. It didn't take a three year old to figure out who was behind the mask. The star-shaped hair somehow made it obvious.

"Yugi, what the hell are you doing?"

"Give me your money!" He shouted, making his voice deep enough to sound like his other self which confused Natalie and put her in a weird spot. She wasn't sure what to do at this point.

"I am so confused." Natalie had stated and just then a guy had shrieked out a battle cry. Out of nowhere, he had tackled Yugi against a bunch of garbage cans. Concerned for her friend she growled out, "Hey, jackass, what do you think you're doing!?"

He stood up and posed heroically, "I am hear to save you, Mi-" he stopped mid sentence and adjusted his glasses and saved his lollipop from falling out, "Uh... You're not Miho-chan."

"You'd wish I was, you jerk!" Natalie fumed and took a few steps towards him but then she began to feel dizzy. Her whole body temperature rose dramatically and Natalie collapsed onto the floor, "N-no... Immune system, why have you forsaken me?"

Miho had now just walked into the scene and gasped at the sight, "What have you done to Yugi and Natalie!?"

This is now the day that pigs will fly and a blue moon will shine tonight. Natalie is completely helpless, Yugi was about to mug her, and Miho comes in to save the day.

Yugi scrambled over to Natalie who is now snoozing away. He had never seen her like this. He had no idea what to do.

"Natalie?" Yugi called as he nudged her, "Natalie!"

In the background, Miho had pounded away on the strange college boy's head. Obviously, she is no longer interested in her short-term capumon pen pal. The older boy held his head down in defeat as Miho ran away. Yugi looked over to him feeling a bit bad but he felt more guilty for Miho going through that. He looked down at Natalie who began to shiver slightly. He had been preoccupied with his capumon friend that he did not see the early symptoms of his friend. He had gathered her in his arms and began to walk back to his house.

The millennium puzzle rested on her stomach and pulsed. Natalie's temperature had came back to normal and the previous events had came back to her. Her eyes snapped open thinking she and Yugi were still in danger. She grabbed onto the person holding her as she didn't feel the ground below her, "Miho!" She shouted.

"She's fine." A low baritone voice had replied to her. She looked over to Yugi, who was now the spirit of the millennium puzzle, in shock, "What...what..."

"Natalie, please use words."

"Why are you carrying me?" She questioned, "How are you carrying me...?" It looked ridiculous as her legs were pretty much sticking out.

He rolled his eyes, "If you keep moving like that, I may drop you."

"That's not nice." She crossed her arms feeling drowsy again, "Now, can you explain why Yugi is hanging around with that guy?"

"It's best if Yugi tells you, right now you should get some rest." He looked down and watched her eyelids shut before she could even argue back. He, too, wanted to know as well. Though, the level of concern didn't occur to him till this Warashibe character decided to trap him like a caged animal. Another thing, he didn't expect was for Natalie to faint out of nowhere. Ever since Shadi had left, he had notice her health was a bit off. The amount of time for her to heal began to dramatically increase. He could still see the faint marks of the bruising she had got from the Rintama gang.

"Assassin."

He heard her mumble as he set her down onto the couch. He had made it back to the game shop. Yugi's grandfather had just closed the shop and went ahead and got Yugi's mother from upstairs to come down and check on the girl.

"Natalie?"

There was no response. Her eyes began to open to look up to his crimson eyes. She was shaking, "I'm sorry but I can't sleep." Her eyes looked distant, "I keep hearing a song." Her fingers went to rub her temples, "It's freaking me out."

"Natalie, you're not feeling well." That was an understatement. He felt the skin on her forehead and her cheeks heat up again, "You need to rest." He froze, not expecting her to grab his hand. There was a firm grip as if she were going to slip away and he was the only thing for her to grab on.

She muttered weakly, "I can't."

"Then try." He persisted.

"Will you stay?" She asked not letting go of his hand. He gave her a half-smile and replied, "When you wake, you will see Yugi."

She sighed, her drowsiness got the best of her. The grip she had on his hand loosened but he made no move to remove it. She then allowed her eyes to close again.

Only to see the eyes of the serpent again.

Natalie had awoken that morning sluggishly. She was thankful that Yugi had an extra tooth brush to spare. What she had notice, and hid away from him, was blood whenever she would rinse out her mouth. Her hand began to tremble unintentionally as she watched the red color fade away from the sink as the water drained. The only time this had ever happened was when she was a little girl before she had spent countless of her days in and out of the hospital. She decided not to think about it and carried on as her mind set back to what had happened the previous day. Yugi had walked alongside her during lunch time with a bashful look. He had explained everything to her and had apologized several times over at how stupid he had acted. With that Natalie's only response was to belt out in laughter and getting weird looks from everyone around her, "Yugi," She called out, "Sometimes you're just too nice."

Yugi pouted as he allowed her to ruffle his hair. Jounouchi had the same reaction but just only by laughing at the situation, "I can't believe there is a guy who would use an old trick like that!" He had sat down next to Natalie, who hadn't been feeling well to eat. Anzu had join in sitting across from them, "Natalie, what had happened to you again?"

"A fever got to me so I really wasn't doing much." She had muttered as she swirled her chopstick around in her miso soup. She had felt bad. Lunch time was her favorite period and she can't even find her own appetite.

"You shouldn't be pushing yourself then." Anzu had scolded her. Natalie waved it off. Too groggy to even care.

Suddenly, someone had placed a glass of water down in front of her. The same with Jounouchi and Anzu. Natalie huffed and glared at the glass while pushing it away, "I wanted milk." Her lips had pursed to a pout. And just in time Yugi had stepped in with two cartons of milk. Though, his focus was on the random guy who had given his friends water. The guy then had disappeared. Yugi looked around to see if there was anyone else being handed out water but there was nothing. How peculiar, he had thought. He felt a tug on his sleeve.

"Yugi?"

He looked down at the tired looking girl. Her eyes seemed to be a dull honey-colored. Which was strange. Hadn't they always been a bright gold?

"I think I'm going to head back to my classroom." She had stood up holding her head and then took a milk carton off his hands.

His lips turned downward to a frown, "Idol-..," he shook his head, "I mean, Natalie, you need to eat something."

"I'll eat what your mom made last night." She waved him off trying to focus her balance and not look like a drunken idiot. Jounouchi looked over to Anzu who had simply shrugged, "Should have stayed home." Is what she had muttered under her breath. Though, there concern for their friend had ceased when not only them but Honda as well had begun to feel under the weather. First nausea had hit them, then it was a downright fever.

Natalie had stood next to Yugi with a guilt-ridden expression. Had she spread some sort of disease? Then a look of panic spread across her face. Oh-no! She was going to kill her friends!

"Natalie, over there."

She heard the spirit of the millennium puzzle call to her. Then she had sensed it. There was a strange presence outside the door. It was the same one from earlier during lunch time. Even though she was under the weather this stupid six sense still acted on auto mode throughout the day. She blamed the millennium puzzle. Yes, everything is better when blaming the old, conceited soul.

"Focus."

She heard him growl. She rolled her eyes to herself and excused herself to step outside for fresh air. Though, the nurse on duty had told her that she was excused to go home since her temperature seemed to increase a bit.

"Would you like me to contact the Mutou residence?" The nurse had asked her and Natalie couldn't help but blush and shot a look to Yugi, who had looked away nervously.

"I kinda told her about your sickness earlier and in case you needed help getting home." He stuttered in his response and Natalie had grind her teeth at his hospitality. Really. She did not deserve him at all.

She placed her hand over his head and he flinched for a moment till he felt her ruffle his hair again. Then she leaned forward and muttered a thank you near his red ear. She grinned back at the nurse, "I'll be fine, miss, I'm gonna go straight home anyways."

With that she had walked out and then went on her hunt for this stranger. It was funny. Even after feeling like crap, she still had enough of her to pump adrenaline to get to her target. Stupid, she was. Did she care at the moment? Nope. It was time for some ass kicking and cry later....

"Oh, I am going to feel terrible in the morning!" She groaned to herself as she walked down a familiar path. Tilting her head, she had observed some trashcans on the side that have yet to be picked up. There she felt something stir in her. She knew who the stranger was... Stepping into that warehouse she saw that strange college creep who had been sending Miho weird capsule monster gifts.

"Hm?" He switched the lollipop in his mouth to go to the opposite cheek, "Who are you?"

"Why must strange creatures tend to make abandon warehouses their home?" Natalie was confident that even without the help of a millennium item, she was able to fend for herself from this lanky weirdo.

Warashibe looked at her up and down, then realized she was one of Yugi's friends. Ah, yes. She was one of those who is interfering with the hands of fate. But, how can this be? Isn't she supposed to be ill with the rest of them? Warashibe had got up from his spot and walked closer to her. Natalie eyed him cautiously as he circled around her. He toyed with his lollipop as he thought. What can he do to her? Oh! A thought had occurred to him.

"You're just what I needed!" His eyes had sparkled with delight as he waved his hands about. Natalie gave him a questionable look and backed away as he approached her, "yes, Yes, YES!" He unexpectedly grabbed onto her shoulders, "You can totally fit the role! I can see it now!"

"See what?" Natalie stared wide eyed as she tensed up. Her fists clenched at her sides as her body prepared itself into fight or flight mode.

"You are now our personal servant!"

Fight n flight mode off.

"E-excuse me?" Natalie squeaked.

"Miho, my dear, sweet goddess and I, the master and king of capsule monsters will do well with a personal slave!"

Then he had earned a punch to the face. Sachmis rage mode engaged.

"Who are you calling a damn slave!?" She roared, "How dare you to stoop me so low! I am no slave to you nor a stupid mortal who calls themselves a king!"

Suddenly, the doors had burst open and there entered Miho and Yugi. Yugi, who had a confused look on his face as he saw that Natalie had been there standing over Warashibe-kun, who was on the floor rubbing his cheek. Miho, on the other hand, had a score to settle.

"My sweetheart!" Warashibe's eyes had lighten up and he had forgotten about the pain on his cheek as he stood up with open arms, "So, you finally come to jump into my arms!"

Miho rage mode engaged.

"Don't joke, you scum!" She glared, "Miho was wrong on her part but there was no need to do such terrible things to Anzu!"

Oh, Anzu was the victim here... Natalie looked at the two, already cooled off at what happened. She had never seen Yugi looked so angry.

"It couldn't be helped." Warashibe replied like if there was nothing wrong with his actions, "They got in the way with my fate with you."

A disgusted look made a way onto Natalie's face as she continued to watch this little feud. If Jounouchi was here, he would agree to settle this with a good kick in the ass. Though, Miho was so angry that she had agree to play capsule monsters with this freak. Natalie shook her head. No, no, no, no, no...no-no...no, no... No.

The game board had been set and the players have chosen their capsules. Miho already had a huge disadvantage.

"Oh, we are so screwed." Natalie muttered feeling her temperature rise a bit. After a few turns Miho had burst out in frustration. This caused Yugi to trip over onto the gacha box machine. The box had fallen and the top had broken off. Yugi noticed a strange device as he recovered. He felt his fists clench as he glared over to Warashibe, "You... This is a trick isn't?"

Natalie looked over to creep who had a smug grin on his face, "That's right. It always switches between outputting low and high levels."

"What!" Miho shouted.

"I didn't want to put you through a long, painful fight." Warashibe gave that as an excuse, "The sooner we are together, the more happy we can be with our slave!"

Natalie felt another rant coming in and she thought about slamming her fists down at the gaming board but Miho had cut her off.

"Stop with your excuses! What you did was against the rules and don't talk that way to Natalie, you scum!" She turned to look over at Yugi and then to Natalie, "Since he cheated, we automatically win. Let's go."

Natalie was stunned and she couldn't help but nod after Miho. Though, in her head a little Natalie had danced with joy as she had never had someone stick up for her that way. "Thank you, Miho!" Natalie had grinned like a goof totally unaware that Warashibe had brought out a giant capsule. Miho grabbed onto her arm, "This guy is nuts, let's run!"

Natalie snapped out of it and noticed a metal railing gate fall towards them. The metal weight was too much for the ceiling to stabilize and had collapsed as well. Through, her eyes she saw it fall upon Miho. There she had dove and shoved Miho out of the way. Miho didn't expect the forceful shove coming from Natalie and had rolled to the safe side in a daze and later fainted. Natalie turned to tackle Yugi out of the way but felt a harsh hit onto her head, "So much for playing hero." Natalie joked as she felt herself slip away but did not reach the floor. Instead she was held up against the other one.

"Hero?" The spirit of the millennium puzzle had muttered as he picked her up and glared towards Warashibe's direction. This prank had gone too far. It was bad enough that Natalie was having a hard time to heal herself and now she has to deal with a new injury. Warashibe had noticed a difference in Yugi. He watched as Yugi had held the girl in his arms and felt the hate hit towards him, "I cannot let you get away with this." He spoke, "Game time."

Yami Yugi rage mode engaged.

Even the way he spoke. This wasn't the timid personality Warashibe had hung out with. The spirit had placed Natalie near Miho, who was still out, and had taken off his jacket to place it underneath Natalie's head to keep it elevated.

The spirit of the millennium puzzle had sat down in Miho's place and decided to play with the capsules that Miho had. Not pleased with Warashibe's mock laughter at how this unbalanced game will play out, the other Yugi allowed that confident grin to spread across the creep's face. It'll make his victory much more sweeter when he beats Warashibe at his own game. The monsters had come to life as the shadow game started. Miho's previous monster had begun to battle the snake that Warashibe picked. Both attacks had cancelled out as the snake bit onto the little soldier while getting its head sliced off by the sword. The other Yugi's next monster was then burned to a crisp as Warashibe had ordered. As Warashibe takes down another monster, the smirk on Yugi's face never went away. The spirit was down to one monster while Warashibe had basically almost all of his. The game is finished.

"Yugi, you have a level two monster left over now." Warashibe chuckled, "I have won."

"Really?" The spirit questioned, still smirking.

"Hm? Not giving up, yet?"

"Take a look." The other Yugi pointed at how the arrangement of Warashibe's monsters are aligned to Yugi's last monster, "My last monster is Torido and he has one secret move."

Warashibe's face had paled at the turn of events. He knew what was coming.

"He has a one hit hissatsu attack for seven consecutive spaces." With that all of Warashibe's monsters are all destroyed and the other Yugi had claimed victory. Warashibe began to wail like a baby as the spirit claimed penalty just to shut him up.

There Miho had already woken up and noticed Natalie on the floor beside her, "Oh, no!" This caught the other Yugi's attention, "What happened to Idol!" She then looked up to Yugi, "Yugi-kun, her fever might have came back!"

"I got her." Was all he said as he gathered Natalie up in his arms for the third consecutive time. He let his jacket drape over her and turned to Miho, who was still a little in shock.

"Shall I walk you home?" He tried his best to sound like Yugi. Though, that is not what is going through Miho's head at all as she picked up his attitude towards Natalie. She shook her head a little too quickly, "No, no, no! Miho is okay on her own!" She looked to Natalie who was still asleep, "You need to take her back home and make sure she's okay."

With that the other Yugi had smiled and waited for Miho to walk out first and watched as no other creep went out after her. As soon as Miho was out of sight, he began to walk in the direction of the game shop.

Just in time, Natalie had groaned. The pain in her skull just flat out annoyed her this time. Her golden eyes met with a set of crimson ones. That could mean one thing.

"Don't tell me..."

"Go back to sleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Got Fanfiction?
Go on ahead and read this story under the same name to tune in for author notes and rambles and some deleted scenes. If it ain't your cup of tea, then go on ahead and chill back here.

lol enjoy~