We're a Classic Case of Teenage Romance...

Because you never learned a goddamned thing…

Reagan found herself giggling like a maniac as she ran with Dan. Hands clasped tightly together as they laughed and ran from the cops. Who probably weren't even chasing them, but that didn't matter because they were having the time of their lives. Their faces hurt from smiling, their stomachs stung from laughing, and their breath was being stolen from their lungs with every step they took.

Every now and then, Dan would look back to check up on Reagan, and it melted his heart to see that she was laughing and enjoying herself. She really was having fun. The momentary distraction caused her to forget all of her anger and sadness. All she could focus on was the cold wind blowing in their direction, blowing her hair behind her, making it bounce with each gust. The cool air made its way into her lungs, making them ache with such joy and...happiness. Yeah, definitely happiness. She focused on the sound of their breathing, and the noise of their footsteps. Dan's giggling drowning out her own. She focused on the incredible way that her hand felt in his...

They stopped running once they had entered the alley way that belonged to their street.

Without a second though Dan pushed his girlfriend up against a brick wall of the alley, and kissed her. She kissed him back.

And Oh god! was this the most amazing feeling in the world.

Reagan melted into the kiss, enjoying Dan's soft lips moving against hers.

They were so, so warm, and so, so incredibly soft.

Dan managed to slip his tongue in and was met happily by Reagan's own.

"You taste like grapes," He said as he smiled into their kiss.

"Flavored tobacco," She mumbled once his lips had moved to her neck.

"Mmm," came Dan's response as he took a bit of her skin between his teeth, biting and sucking softly enough that she would enjoy it, but not hard enough that it would leave a mark.

Reagan wrapped her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist, holding her as close to his body as possible.

She ran her hands through his hair, desperately clinging to him.

"Dan," she whispered softly, when his lips made her shiver of pure bliss.

Dan moved his lips back up to hers, pushing her body hard against the wall with his.

His hands sliding up her back, as her hands ran down his chest.

"Fuck!" Reagan squealed when a loud clashing noise came out of nowhere.

Dan laughed softly, taking a small step away from her, "It was just an alley-cat." He assured her.

Reagan looked up at Dan now, the high of their earlier activities wearing off.

Reagan's red lipstick was all over Dan's mouth. Had she really been that weak? She was ever going to learn her lessons was she? Tears were now rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Dan asked as he placed his hands on either side of her face, thumbs rubbing the tears away.

But she didn't respond. She just let the tears fall and fall and fall.

He pressed his forehead to her. "Please dont cry Rea. I don't want to be the reason you cry anymore," he whispered against her lips, "Please stop."

Reagan pushed him away, and began walking down the alley, looking for the house that belonged to her.

Dan didn't bother to reach for her arm, he just followed behind her, making sure that she at least got home safe.

She needed space, and as badly as he didn't want to, he gave it to her. For now.

Dan walked behind her in silence, watching her carefully. Reagan cut through Dan's back yard to get to hers.

Dan watched as she silently snuck back into her house. She was careful not to make any noise. She couldn't afford to wake her dad up.

"Goodnight," Dan called out as low as he possibly could.

And as he walked over to his front door, he could have sworn he heard her whisper a goodnight back to him.

***

Dan woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast, and even though he didn't want to get out of bed, he managed to make his way downstairs.

This was the first morning since Dan had been back home that he had breakfast with his family.

As Dan ate he looked up to find that his mom, dad, and brother were staring at him oddly.

"What?" Dan asked.

"Well," Dan's dad starts, "you have red lipstick all over your mouth."

Embarrassed, Dan runs up to his room to find a way of getting rid of the lipstick from off his face.

When Dan turns around after closing his door, he finds Reagan lying on his bed, her legs dangling off the edge, swinging back and forth.

"Reagan?" He asks, making sure that it's really her, and not his mind playing tricks on him.

"Daniel?" She responds, propping herself up on her elbows.

"What are you doing here?" Dan asks, its not that he minds, if anything he's thrilled, but something at the back of mind won't let him enjoy this.

"Came for a small visit," she answers, her gaze fixated on him. "Nice lipstick."

Dan smiles, his dimple making Reagan practically faint, "Thanks, this girl I know lent it to me. Although, I have to say, it looks much better on her."

And Dan practically faints himself when her face softens into an almost smile at his words. "I'm sure that it does."

They stay in a state of complete silence. And holy crap! Dan can't believe that she's in his room.

Joking, and being civil with him. And it truly does feel like old times, and he didn't know he needed this until now.

"Reagan?" Dan whispers.

"Daniel?" She whispers back.

"I missed you." He says. He holds his breath, and expects the worst, but is utterly surprised with her response.

"I missed you too." She says, her gaze on him never faltering.

More silence.

"I love you." He says quickly shutting his eyes, knowing that her response is going to involve yelling and her throwing things at him. But when nothing happens, he opens them back up.

She's still there, sitting on his bed, watching him.

And then she looks away, her gaze now fixed on her hands.

Her black finger nails were bitten down to their limits. Her hands were cold. The lines on her palms making odd and random patterns. She was so focused on her hands that she hadn't noticed Dan was no sitting behind her. His arm snaking around her waist, his chin resting on her shoulder.

"Do you love me?" He asked.

She turned slightly to look at him. "There's no way I couldn't not love you Dan Howell."

"Even after all I put you through?" He mumbled against her ear.

She took in a deep breath and let it out with a loud sigh. "Even after all the bullshit you put me through."

"I really am sorry," Dan said as his arms tightened around her waist.

"I'm sure you are," she mumbled, enjoying having his arms around her a little more than she wanted to.

Dan cleared his throat, getting ready to ask her the question he had been dying to ask. "So, are you really moving back to the States?"

"Yep," was her nonchalant reply.

"Were you planning on telling me?" He asked, wondering if she was just going to up and leave without so much as a goodbye to him.

"Not really, I mean, I don't know if you remember but you said that you never wanted to hear from me, so you know, naturally I figured that you didn't want to hear from me." She said, throwing his words back at him, but in an odd joking manner that he didn't quite like.

"I told you that that night doesn't matter-"

"It matters to me," she said as she freed herself from his grip.

"Look what I said that night was bad but-"

"Bad? Just bad?" She asked.

"Rea, listen-"

"No!" She snapped, "I'm tired of always listening! I listened to you tell me all those awful things that shattered my very existence to the core and for what? So you could move to London with your little boyfriend and make videos about how you get consumed by a dark abyss on certain days!? Do you know that everyday for me has been a dark abyss. Do you know why?"

Dan didn't answer, because he already knew why.

"Because you left, without so much as a goodbye! Do you remember that? Do you remember at all?"

Dan stayed silent, not wanting to remember, but his mind couldn't help but wander, making its way back into the past.