The Boy With the Useless Scar

Lost, but Found

"GRAHAM?!? GRAHAM! WHERE ARE YOU?! GRAHAM!" A mother screamed for her little boy, seven-year-old Graham Bell. They were out camping in the Bergslagen forests of Sweden, during the fall, when it wasn't as cold as the winter, but still almost at freezing temperature.

The mother began to regret coming from Britain just to camp out here. She thought her curious seven-year-old would settle for the night, especially since it was snowing.

She got out her phone, cursing loudly at the no service. It was easily a two hour drive, and she didn't have that time to waste. But then again, was she going to risk looking all night when she could drive to a town and get the police?

It was a risky choice, but with one last look and prayer, she hopped in her car, speeding away.

Graham Bell woke up in the middle of the night. He was young, but he understood some things, like why he had a 'USELESS' scar in his arm, and why his father lashed out like that. He got told by his therapist that there were others like him, and not to let it get him down.

He looked out the window, his curiousity peeking as he stared out at the dense, snow covered forest. He glanced at his mom, then got up, grabbing his teddy bear. He walked out quietly, shivering at the cold snow that he stepped into. Closing the door quietly behind him, he started walking out into the woods, deeper and deeper.

After fifteen minutes of walking and shivering, Graham was getting tired. His little legs were sore from walking through the thick snow. He turned around, and started walking back. He kept trying to find something that looked familiar, but all the trees looked the same.

He sat down, freezing, and started crying, his cries getting drowned by the wind. He gripped his teddy bear closer, whining for his mom. He was freezing, he missed his mom, he wanted to go home. He wanted to go home, curl up with his mom and his teddy and their cat Harry, and watch cartoons in the heat.

He felt something warm touch his face, causing him to open his eyes. His eyes met with a pair of deep brown ones, coming from a giant grey wolf. He sniffed as the wolf licked away his tears, then grabbed him by the back of his shirt. He screamed as he got lifted up, digging his fingers into his teddy bear. He whimpered and whined as the wolf carried him somewhere, but not in a lost fashion.

He looked up as he was suddenly dropped into the cold snow again. There was at least three other wolves around. The one wolf nudged his bum, pushing him towards a small opening. He crawled into the small place, flinching when he felt cold stone and dirt beneath his hands. He grabbed his teddy before he went in deeper.

He felt a soft, warm tongue lick his cheek, then a mouth grabbing his shirt and pulling him under its paw. He felt warmth radiating from this wolf, so he naturally scooted closer. He closed his eyes, drifting to sleep as he felt the wolf's tongue licking his head.