Nothing Can Break Us, No One Can Make Us

I swear I have nothing to hide

"What time did you get up," Tori asked Maddie, walking into the kitchen after getting her morning shower.

"Six, what's the difference," Maddie asked.

"You rarely sleep in, aren't you tired in the morning?"

"No, not really," she shook her head.

"But, you stay up all night," Tori stated.

"And you do too," Maddie simply replied. "I just don't like to sleep I guess, I don't know." Tori shrugged and sat next to her.

"Insomnia again," she asked after a little while. Maddie nodded.

"Damn pills are gone again."

"Sucks for you," Tori stuck her tongue out. Maddie just stood up and walked into the other room and laid on the couch, quickly falling to sleep. Tori got up and walked into the room to talk to her more.

"Hey, Maddie, isn-"

She shut up when seeing her sprawled out on the couch, which gave her a good idea. Heading back into the kitchen, she opened the fridge and grabbed the whipped cream. Tori had done this before, only with shaving cream, and it ended up in Maddie's mouth and she swallowed the hand full, sending her to the hospital, Maddie coughing insanely and Tori laughing at her misery. Sneaking back into the den, she shook the can and took off the cap, silently spraying some into her palm, then all over her face. Leaving her like that, she put the can away, snickering, and started to walk upstairs, bumping into Brendon along the way.

"What's so funny," he asked, not even saying, ‘Good morning,’ to her.

"Oh, nothing," she said smiling wickedly. He gave her a questioning look, but gave up.

"Is Maddie up?"

"Downstairs on the couch," she said, passing him and walking into her room. Brendon walked downstairs to the couch and tried stifling a laugh so he wouldn't wake her. But, he ended up shaking her shoulder lightly.

"Morning," she said, opening her eyes.

"Morning," he said, closing his mouth so his laughter wouldn't escape, but held a creepy smile on his face.

"What? Do I have something on my face," she asked. Maddie swiped her whipped cream ridden hand across her face, opening her mouth in shock.

"I didn't get it, did I?"

"Not really," he said, letting out his laugh while Maddie stormed upstairs to Tori's door and began to bang on it.

"TORI YOU BITCH!"

"Sorry, can't here you, my music's too loud," she responded through the door while turning the volume up on her stereo. Maddie banged on her door some more.

"TURN THAT SHIT DOWN," she screamed

"Can't hear you," Tori sang, Maddie just sighed.

"I'll get you back, don't worry," she said walking away from her door and back downstairs into the kitchen to clean off her face. Brendon waltzed in and using his finger swiped some of the whipped cream off her face and into his mouth.

"Yummy," he smiled. Maddie just rolled her eyes. "So, what did you guys have planned for today?"

"Nothing, as usual, but now that the day started, you can help me get back at Tori.”

"How?"

"I don't know just yet. Are you in," she asked him. He shrugged.

"I got nothing else better to do."

"Karma police, arrest this man, he talks in math's
He buzzes like a fridge, he's like a detuned radio
Karma police, arrest this girl, her Hitler hai-
" sung Brendon's phone until he snatched it from his pocket and answered it.

"Hello...hey, what's up...fine...yeah, I am...sure...yeah, I'll check with her first...just us...yeah...ok see you then," he said, then hanging up, smiling towards Maddie.

"What," she questioned.

"Oh, nothing," he kissed her forehead and walked away. She stood there staring at the spot where Brendon stood, then followed him up the stairs.

"You're not telling me something," she said quickly before reaching Tori's door. "TURN THAT FUCKING SHIT DOWN!!"

"MAKE ME," Tori screamed back. Maddie gritted her teeth before catching up with Brendon again.

"I swear, I have nothing to hide,” he said, turning his back to her and smirked. The second Maddie caught him smirking; she jumped up on his back.

"Tellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellmetellme!!!”

"Ok, ok, ok," he gave in, helping her back to the ground. "You and Tori are going to meet someone special today."

……………………………………………

A couple hours later after Maddie told Tori, who really didn't want to go because she didn't know who this "special person" was so Maddie forced her somehow, all three of them were in the car that they had for the time being. Brendon was driving while Tori and Maddie were in the back seat blindfolded so they couldn't see who it was until they got there.

"How much longer," Tori whined.

"Almost there," was all Brendon said.

"That's what you said ten minutes ago," Maddie crossed her arms.

"Well now I'm saying it again."

Tori let a big huff escape her mouth. "See, I told you I didn't want to go, you said it would be fun, and now I'm about ready to shoot my brains out!"

"Well, I didn't know we were going to have to put on blindfolds and wait for a few years," Maddie replied back loudly, looking in the direction where Tori’s voice came from.

"Well, why didn't you ask," Tori asked sharply.

"Why didn't you," Maddie repeated her question back at her.

"Stop fighting! Jeez, for best friends you two fight a lot," Brendon broke them up again.

"She started it," they said in unison, pointing at each other. Brendon sighed.

"Have either one of you considered therapy or anger management at all?"

"I went to therapy before," Maddie raised her hand.

"And..."

"I hated it," she replied, looking in the direction of the window.

"What about you, Tori?"

"I signed up for anger management before," she said looking straight ahead where Brendon was.

"And..."

"Went to one class, and felt like I wasted money, so they gave me a refund."

Brendon let out his own puff of air and pulled into a driveway. "We're here," he sang.

"Yes! I can take off this blindfold," Tori said, already starting to take her blindfold off.

"No, you can't! Put it back on," Brendon said, turning around in his seat to look at her. Tori obeyed, sliding it down again. Brendon got out of the car, then helped the other two out of the car and to the front door, knocking.

"Who is it," Maddie asked.

"Not saying," Brendon repeated. The door opened up, Maddie and Tori turning their heads to look in front of them, even though they couldn't see.

"Hey, Brendon, great to see you!"

I know that voice, Maddie thought, raising the left side of her blindfold and her eye widened.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
xD!!