We'll Carry On

We'll Carry On

"♪I'VE GOT A SECRET,

ITS ON THE TIP OF MY TONG--♪" Alex slammed his fist down onto the alarm clock. There's nothing like Oli Sykes screaming in your ear at 6am

"Why did I set that song as my alarm...?" He groaned groggily, to no one

Sighing, the 17 year old stretched his arms and rolled out of his warm soft bed, literally dragging himself to the bathroom to shower.

He didn't take very long; the camel who raps about "saving water" on TV was finally getting to him. Alex didn't care much for appearance, so he didn't do anything with his brown hair after he blow dried it. After throwing on some clothes, the teen grabbed his backpack, snatched a piece of toast from the kitchen counter, plugged in his earphones and (reluctantly) made his way to school.

"♪In the car, I just can't wait,

To pick you up on our very first date ♪"

Alex smiled as he quietly sang along to Blink-182. Not many people from school lived on his road, so the street was almost empty. But he preferred it like that. Even though he was the most popular person in school, he loved being alone and putting in headphones and turning the music up so far that it blocks out the rest of the world. It was one of the only times that he was genuinely happy.

The walk to school wasn't very long, and as soon as Alex entered the school, his "friends" swarmed around him. Before he was popular, these were the kids who teased him and beat him up, but since becoming captain of the football team they all started kissing up to him.

"Alex! Bro!" One of the tall jocks welcomed him. The brown haired boy faked a smile. A small red haired girl appeared from nowhere and slid her arm into his. Alex was used to girls flinging themselves at him and guys acting like his best friends. He didn't enjoy it. Every so often, the popular boy would look over his shoulder and see his old friends; Jack, Rian, Zack, Jenna, Tay, Austin and Alan. As usual, the group were sat under the cork tree, listening to music and laughing. He would never admit it to anyone, but Alex missed them. A lot. Especially Jack. Alex didn't have a reason, he just generally liked him more. After a few minutes, the bell rang for first period. His "friends" scattered and went to their classrooms. The brown haired boy checked his homework journal. Drama next. Alex groaned; not because of the subject but because he'd have to sit next to Jack, who utterly despises him.

"Yay!" He cheered sarcastically

-x-

Jack was one of the first people to enter the drama hall. With a heavy sigh, the dark haired boy threw his bag down onto the floor and slumped down into his seat. Not long after, Alex came in and copied his actions. Jack groaned as soon as he saw the older boy.

"What? What did I do?" Alex asked, confused

"Exist" the dark haired boy spat. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Alex frown. The teacher, Mr Oakley, turned up eventually and apologized to the class for being late. Everyone liked Mr Oakley because he was funny and let the students call him by his first name, which was Tyler.

(A/N: Yes, I did put my queen Tyler Oakley in my Jalex fanfiction. #sorrynotsorry)

"Well hello everyone!" the young blond man beamed "Today we will be starting a new topic called Modernization"

A mixture of groans and cheers spread across the room. Jack didn't bother making a sound; whether he was happy about the new topic or not he would still have to do an assessment for it. Tyler gave an overall summary of what "Modernization" was. Basically, in pairs they had to create a modernized version of a Shakespeare play. Jack immediately looked across the room at Rian, who was also looking over at him.

"Unfortunately, you can't choose your partners for this assessment," Tyler continued. This time everyone groaned "Hey I didn't come up with that dumbass rule"

The dark haired boy frowned. He always partnered up with Rian in drama. The blond teacher picked up a piece of paper from his desk and read out the list of partners. Jack only listened out for his name and Rian's name.

"...Becca and Tom, Rian and Gabe"

"Dammit" he whispered under his breath

"...Jenna and Matthew, Rebecca and Stacy, Alex and Jack"

" WHAT!?" Jack almost choked on nothing. No, there was no way he was going to writing a script with Alex "I'm too good to hang out with a bunch of emo music geeks" Gaskarth. Never in a million years.

"Jack, its just for one goddamn assessment" Alex sighed. Tyler ignored them and continued with the list. Jack was still shocked that he'll be doing his assessment with Alex, of all people. Everyone shuffled around the room to sit with their partners as they were handed the play they would be modernizing. Jack and Alex were given Romeo and Juliet.

"Woo" Alex said sarcastically. The last thing either of them wanted to do was have to write a romantic tragedy together. Especially a typical one like this.

"Try to contain your excitement, god" Jack replied. The brown haired boy just rolled his eyes at him. The class spent the rest of the lesson discussing how they were going to change the play, whose house they were going to write it at, etc. Being the fabulous procrastinators that they are, Alex and Jack decide that they were to start the assessment at Alex's house without planning it in class first, and they'll just cross that bridge when they get there. The two sat in awkward silence for the majority of the lesson. Jack refused to speak to Alex more than he needed to, and Alex was too scared to say anything to the dark haired boy. Something about Jack just made his mouth go dry and his heart race and his stomach tie in knots.

It was weird; he's never felt like this around anyone else. Since they first became friends at the young age of 5 Alex had always had this weird feeling around Jack. But not weird in a bad way. Weird in a good way. It felt like an eternity until the bell rang for second period. To Alex's disappointment the dark haired boy left as quickly as possible. Alex was in no hurry to get to his next lesson. With a frown he grabbed his bag and slowly made his way to French.

The end of the day came quickly, and as soon as the bell rang Alex swiftly ran out his last lesson, in an attempt to avoid his "friends". As he reached the gates the brown haired boy remembered; Jack was coming over to work on the Drama assessment. His thoughts were interrupted by a light tap on his shoulder. Alex swivelled round to see Jack stood awkwardly in front of him

"So, I'm coming round yours for the assessment?" he said, keeping his eyes glued to the ground, showing no interest in speaking to Alex. This made Alex frown. He liked Jack's eyes, they were a deep beautiful chestnut colour, unlike any other.

"Um yeah, should we start walking?" he replied. Jack nodded, and the two boys made their way out of the school gates.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance