We'll Carry On

Am I More Than You Bargained For?

Alex rubbed his eyes groggily. The brown haired boy was awakened by a knock at his front door. After about 30 seconds passed, it was clear that his parents weren't gonna open it. With a sigh drenched in annoyance, Alex flung himself out of bed, making his way to the front door. The brown haired boy was only wearing tight black boxers, but it was too early for him to properly function and realise he was pretty much naked.

To say Alex was surprised by who was at his door was an understatement. Leaning against the doorframe was none other than Jack Barakat, dressed in a smart black suit and holding a pretty red rose.

'Fuck, he's so hot'

"Morning beautiful," he winked, causing Alex's face to erupt into several shades of red,before handing him the rose of the same colours "You're so cute when you blush!" He then eyed the brown haired boy's body, whistling in approval

"You're even cuter when you're almost naked" Jack winked for a second time. Alex felt like his face would burst into flames any second now, and his heart would literally leap out of his chest.

'Does this boy know what he's doing to me right now?'

Unexpectedly, Jack crashed his lips against his. Alex's instant reaction was to kiss back, with more pressure. The kiss deepened, escalating into a hot make out session in front of the brown haired boy's house. All the brown haired boy could feel was Jack's tongue tangled with his and Jack's silky dark hair dancing in his fingertips. Alex could feel his dick getting hard. Jack noticed too and broke the kiss to smile up at him

"Maybe we should take this inside" he whispered seductively into Alex's ear, nibbling on it slightly. He didn't object, and the next thing he knows, Alex was swept off his feet by the beautiful dark haired boy and was laid down on the couch inside the house. Without hesitation, Jack climbed on top of him, resuming the make out session, running his hands all over Alex's sweaty body. Meanwhile, Alex was quickly undressing the gorgeous boy on top of him, flinging his tie, jacket, shirt and trousers onto the floor. Alex was mesmerised by the boy's body. It was flawless. Absolutely flawless. With a devilish grin, Jack continued the kisses down the brown haired boy's body, earning a moan from him. When he reached the waistband of Alex's boxers, Jack eagerly whipped them off, right before...

"♪IM IN THE BUSINESS OF MISERY, LET'S TAKE IT FROM THE TOP♪" Hayley Williams's voice cut through Alex's hot dream, bringing him back into the real world. With anger, he threw his alarm clock out of the conveniently open window. He concluded that Misery Business did not make a better alarm sound than Chelsea Smile. But that's not why he was angry.

" A dream? That wasn't real? FUCK!" Alex cried out. He couldn't understand why he was so frustrated though; it's wrong for him to think this way about a boy. Especially one that hates his guts. But it felt so right, pressed up against the dark haired boy, exploring his sweet tasting mouth. Of course that was only a dream. Making out with Jack Barakat might be a lot better or a lot worse than what his mind had conjured up.

'You can't be thinking about boys like this Alex, for fuck's sake!'

But that didn't change the fact that Alex enjoyed that dream more than anything he's ever experienced in his life. Eventually, the boy had to arise from his bed and get ready for the school day. Oh joy. Whilst climbing out from his covers, he noticed that his erection from the dream was still solid as a rock. Fuck, that's one more problem to deal with today.

-x-

Alex felt nervous all day, terrified of seeing Jack anywhere. Goddamn it, he can't mention his name without thinking of the dream. If Alex were to actually see the dark haired boy, his bones would probably ignite. His "friends" noticed his shaken up mood. Huh, it's surprising to see them caring about people other than themselves.

"What's wrong Lex?" some bleach blonde girl asked with fake concern, slithering her way into his arms. Alex tried so hard not to fling her out the goddamn window. Maybe this is what he needed; to be with a girl to hopefully remove any thoughts or feelings he has for Jack. What even were those feelings, a crush, love or lust?

"Nothing, I'm fine" he lied smoothly, flashing a smile to try and convince her. She seemed to fall for it. The blonde girl quickly changed the subject, flashing from concerned to flirty in a heartbeat.

"So Alex, are you doing anything tonight?" she asked, fluttering her long eyelashes seductively

'Well, if working on the drama project with Jack today goes as I want it to, I'll be doing him. WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM??'

"I'm busy all this week," Alex gave her a fake pout "But maybe another time, yeah?"

"Okay!" the perky girl chimed, running off to go find another boy to flirt with. For once, Alex was alone at lunch. The brown haired boy seized this opportunity and made his way to the back of the school, where the gardens were.

Alex was surprised that it was so empty here; the school gardens were a truly beautiful place to be. It was a small stretch of lawn shaded by several trees, decorated with fountains, footpaths and rare exotic flowers.

He kept walking along the stone path, studying each gorgeous plant in sight, but not slowing down. He had his mind set on where he was going, he's not stopping for anything. Alex continued to the back of the garden, before trailing off of the path and further into the foresty land.

Within minutes, the brown haired boy reached his location. It was still exactly as he remembered. Centered in the middle of the trees was a fairly large treehouse of a pretty good condition, painted messily in bright colours. It looked amazing though. Well maybe Alex was biased; he did help build this treehouse with his friends long ago. Edging closer, he found the wooden wall with all their names scratched into it, in their wild 10 year old handwriting. Alex laughed slightly. He remembered when they were building this 7 years ago him and Jack argued over who got to carve their name first, so Jenna settled it by mashing each other's names together to create "Jalex" so that the two boys were equally first, and satisfied. One day some teenagers might read the names and think Jalex was a cute ship name or something.

Alex finally decided to climb up the wooden ladder and enter the beloved tree house. Almost everything was still the same. Still the same comic books and CDs scattered on the floor, along with empty Coke bottles and crisp packets. There was one thing that was new though. And that happened to be a dark haired boy huddled in the corner, playing his music so loud out of his headphones that Alex could hear it perfectly.

Both boys were startled by each other's presence. Alex's eyes widened as he realised who the boy was

"Oh, um, hi Jack" he choked out. Shit, he wasn't supposed to sound nervous! But it was hard when he could only picture the boy naked every time he saw him.

"Oh, hi Alex" the 'get the fuck out of here' attitude was evident in Jack's tone of voice. Instead of letting it intimidate him, Alex sat down next to Jack, singing along softly to the song the dark haired boy was listening to

"♪They say that love is forever,

Your forever is all that I need,

Please stay, forever with me♪"

Alex felt Jack's eyes watching him while he sang. Whether that was or good or bad thing, he didn't know. Alex sang a few more of Jack's songs. It must be annoying, but he couldn't deal with sitting in silence. The dark haired boy stopped his music after a while, probably fed up of the singing.

"You have a nice voice" he said, finally looking up. Alex's face flamed pink at the compliment. It turned red when he looked into Jack's pretty hazel eyes.

"T-thanks" he stuttered.

"Why are you up here?" Jack asked, put his iPod and headphones back in his bag and rotating to face Alex

"Um, y'know, just to get away from everything and clear my mind. Believe it or not, cheerleaders flinging themselves at you everyday can be irritating" he shrugged

"Well you're the one who chose to drown yourself in cheerleaders three years ago" Jack snapped, anger flaring in his eyes.

"Not really. I just wanted to be on the football team, not some babe magnet--"

"Then why did you become one? Nothing was stopping you from still hanging out with us!" this conversation was suddenly taking a turn for the worse, to Alex's dismay. All he wanted was to have a cute chat with Jack and talk about what they think is wrong with the world today and their opinions on mainstream music and so on.

"I didn't want to leave you!" Alex snapped back "It's just, um, I....uh-"

"Didn't want to hang out with an "emo fag" like me, I get it Alex. You're way too good for me. I'm a lowly peasant in comparison to you. Heck, I should be putting you on a pedestal and kissing your feet right now!" the dark haired boy laughed sarcastically

"To be honest I'd rather you kissed my lips" the brown haired boy accidentally said out loud. Thankfully, it was quiet and Jack didn't hear clearly

"What was that you said, my prince?" he bowed dramatically with spite. Alex hated how Jack was speaking to him. Alex wasn't vain, he was extremely insecure. He didn't think he was better than Jack, he pretty much worships the boy. He didn't want to leave his friends, he was pressured into being popular by the football team and his parents.

"Stop! Just stop it! I'm not better than you Jack, I'm complete shit in comparison to you! You're the perfect one who belongs on a pedestal! People like you for who you are, not who the people who are supposed to accept you want you to be!" that was the last thing he said before storming out of the treehouse, leaving his rucksack, and a very shocked Jack.

-x-

Last period was awful. Alex had forgotten his bag with his pencil case and books in the treehouse, so he got in an huge amount of trouble from his RE teacher. It was a Friday, so he didn't need to worry about that for the next two days. He made his way to the back of the school to retrieve his bag. Only to find it wasn't in the treehouse.

"What the actual fuck?" Alex exclaimed "I need my fucking bag for fuck's sake!"

The brown haired boy thundered back into school, hoping that it was in lost and found. It wasn't, of course it fucking wasn't. Alex was on the verge of angry tears when he decided to go home and worry about it over the weekend. The building was deserted; earlier everyone had rushed to leave this godforsaken prison and enjoy their two day freedom. Two days isn't enough, Alex thought.

Oddly enough, there was a small dark haired figure leaning against the entrance gates, holding a familiar looking rucksack. The figure looked up at Alex with his beautiful hazel eyes, giving the furious boy a sad yet scared smile.

"I was gonna give you your bag at lunch, but I couldn't find you" Jack explained, handing the bag over in a terrified fashion. The brown haired boy let out a long and deep sigh of relief.

"Thank fucking Jesus Christ, I thought I'd never find it! I was close to punching a wall in frustration!" the dark haired boy relaxed, giggling at what Alex said. Alex beamed proudly. It's very rare that Jack giggled. He either full on laughs or says nothing at all, there's no in between.

"So, am I still going to your house to do the drama project?" he asked

" Um, yeah! I mean, unless you don't want to, I was a dick to you earlier so it's fine if you wanna go home or like switch partners or something--"

"Dude," Alex was cut off "It's fine, honestly. I'll go to your house"

Alex smiled, before the two boys set off for the Gaskarth house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Sugar We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy