Status: New!!

Crimson Day

Chapter Two

~ Zoe's POV ~

"Zoe Marie!" Brian yells pounding on my door.

I throw my door open, "What?!" I glare at Brian, "What could you possibly want to where you had to pound on my door Brian Elwin?!" I smirk at him.

He scrunches his face up at the mention of his middle name, "God I hate that name." He shudders, "I just wanted to know if you wanted to do anything today? Michelle's going to her parents, she's taking Addie with her, and I have nothing to do." He grins cheekily.

I roll my eyes at him, "So you had the need to pound on my door?" I cock my eyebrow. "Why don't you go to Matt's? I'm sure he's not doing anything." I smirk at him.

I see the realization on his face, "Why didn't I think of that?" He says amazed.

I snicker at him, "Seriously Brian?! How old are you?" I laugh.

He narrows his eyes at me, "Watch it baby sis. You wouldn't want Matt to know about you being in love with him do you?" He smirks at me.

I narrow my eyes at him, "You wouldn't dare or I'm telling Michelle your deep dark secret." I smirk at him. "Wait! How did you know about that?" I blush.

"Oh please baby sis. I've known all about you being in love with Matt since you first met him. I can see it in your eyes whenever he's around." He smirks at me.

"I hate you." I huff.

"No you don't. Seriously! Do something with me today. Please! I'm begging you!" He pleads on his knees.

I laugh at him, "Synyster Gates must be really bored if he's on his knees begging his baby sis to hang out with him." I look down and smirk at him.

He nods his head rapidly, "Like you wouldn't believe."

"Give me one good reason why I should hang out with you and I might consider it?" I smirk at him.

"I will give you three reasons," he counts on his fingers like a child, "Matt, Indiana, and River." He smirks.

I narrow my eyes at him, "You fight dirty." I huff.

He smirks in victory, "So will you hang out with me?"

I shrug, "I guess since I don't have anything else to do. I'm off today and McKenna's with dad and Suzy, so I guess I'll hang out with you." I say begrudgingly.

He narrows his eyes at me, "You could have said that with more enthusiasm." He huffs and rolls his eyes.

I throw my arms up, "By golly! I would love to hang out with you!" I say sarcastically. "Better?" I smirk at him.

"Don't be a smartass." He says smirking.

"What time do you want to go? I ask him.

He looks at his iPhone, "10 minutes?"

I nod my head, "That's fine."

He sits on my bed, "When are you going tell Matt about you being in love with him?" He asks looking at me.

I sit next to him, "Never and that's because he lost his wife Brian, and I'm sure that's the last thing that he wants to hear is that his best friend's little sister is in love with him." I say wiping a tear away. "Besides, why would he love me?" I shrug. "I'm not anything like Val was. What could I offer him anyways? That's all he's going to look at me as is his best friend's little sister. He could never love me. I don't measure up to what Val was." I say wiping more tears away.

He puts his hands on my face and looks in my eyes, "I don't ever want to hear you say shit like that again." He says wiping my tears away. "You're a very beautiful woman Zoe Marie, and you have a lot to offer Matt and he would be a fucking idiot not to love you. You would love those kids like they're your own. You would give anything to see a smile on his face everyday. You would do anything for him and those children." He kisses my forehead, "If Jimmy was here he would kick your ass for talking like that." He smirks. "He knew before any of us that you were in love with Matt. He could see it when Matt would walk into a room, your eyes would twinkle, and he could see your heart break every time you saw him with Val."

I shrug my shoulders, "Was it that obvious that Jimmy could tell before anyone else knew?" I ask him wiping my tears away.

He nods his head, "Jimmy knew about everything. He had a sixth sense for shit like that. He was wise beyond his years." He says with a faraway look in his eyes.

I look at him, "Hey Brian?"

"Hmm?"

I smile at him, "Did I ever tell you how much I love having you as a big brother?"

He smiles and pulls me into a hug, "All the time Baby Girl, and do you know how much I love having you as a little sister?"

"All the time." I smirk at him. "You ready to go?"

He nods his head, "Yeah, let's go. Let's go see how much hell those rugrats are giving Matt." He smirks at me.

Five minutes later we pull up to Matt's house and Brian turns to me after shutting the car off, "Remember what I told you? He'd be a fucking idiot not to love you."

I nod my head, "Yeah. Let's go." I sigh.

He puts a hand on my arm, "Hey. I'm being serious Zoe. He'd be an idiot."

"I got it Brian." I sigh. "Just like I said, why would he love me? Nevermind. Let's just go." I say getting out of the car.

He comes around to my side and pulls me into a hug, "Where is all this coming from? Did someone say something to you?" He asks me.

I put my arms around him, "I don't know." I shrug. "I just always felt like this for a long time." I cry.

He wipes my tears away, "It's okay." He kisses my forehead, "Let's go inside and get you cleaned up or else Matt's going to think I'm making you cry on purpose." He smirks at me."

I laugh, "I love you Brian." I say hugging him.

"I love you too Zoe. Oh! Michelle wants to know if you want Addison tomorrow? I forgot to ask you earlier." He smiles sheepishly.

I smack his stomach, "You're an idiot Brian and wait until I tell Chelle. To answer your question, yes, I would. You know that you guys don't have to ask me."

He knocks on the door, "I know but with your job I figured I ask before just dropping her off with you. Where the fuck is he?" He demands getting annoyed.

I roll my eyes, "Just use the key that you have."

"Oh yeah."

I snicker, "Really Brian?" I smirk at him.

"Shut your face." He says sticking his tongue out at me.

As soon as we walk in I make a beeline to the kitchen to clean my face up from all the crying. Lately thinking about Matt and how much I'm in love with him, makes me cry because why would he love me? I've always felt like this. I've never had a boyfriend in my life, it's not because of my brother, it's because I've been in love with Matt since I was 12 years old and no other guys would measure up to Matt. Those hypnotic hazel eyes, that raspy voice, those dimples, and a banging killer body. When I saw him with Val I would always get jealous because she gets to be with Matt and I don't. Don't get me wrong. I loved Val with everything I had, she just had everything that I've wanted.

"Uncle Brian!" I smile hearing Indiana scream after spotting Brian.

Those two children will always have a special place in my heart. I've been in their lives since the day they were born. After all, my brother married their mother's sister.

"Hi Zoe." I hear River say to me snapping me out of my thoughts.

I smile down at him, "Hey big guy. How you doing today?"

He shrugs, "Okay I guess. Daddy told me stories about mommy and uncle Jimmy, and he cried both times."

I sigh and bend down to be at his level, "I'm going to tell you something big guy. When daddy cries it's because he misses those two so much. It's okay to cry when your sad. I do it all the time when I miss Uncle Jimmy also." I smile sadly at him.

He gives me a hug, "It's okay Zoe. I love you and I miss you a lot. Why can't you be my mommy?" He sobs into my shirt.

I rub his back, "Aww baby, it's okay." I coo. "But that's something that you would have to ask Daddy about, okay?" I smile at him and wipe his tears. "I'm here now, so let's turn that frown upside down and smile." I laugh.

He smiles at me showing me those dimples, "I love you Zoe." He says kissing my cheek.

"I love you too big guy." I smile kissing his cheek.

"Zoe!" Indiana screams and runs to me. "I missed you." She says into my shirt.

I smile, "Hi Baby Girl. I missed you too." I say to her. "I have an idea." I say to them watching them perk up.

"What?" They ask perking up.

"Brian Elwin! You scream like that again and I'm gonna have to beat you." I yell at Brian hearing him scream from the living room. "How bout we go to the park? Ask daddy and I'm sure that we can even get uncle Brian to go with us also." I smirk at them.

"Really?" They ask excitedly.

I nod, "Yeah." I smile. "Go ask Daddy if we can go to the park."

They run into the living room and I follow and lean against the wall, "Daddy, daddy, daddy." Indiana asks Matt bouncing around.

"What, what, what?" He asks smiling.

God those dimples.

"Can Zoe take us to da park?" She asks innocently.

"I don't see why not. Maybe uncle Brian will go with us also." He say to her smiling.

"Yay! River, we go to da park." She exclaims, then turns to Brian, "Uncle Brian, will you come with us?" She says batting her eyelashes at him.

I smirk watching Brian squirm, "Yeah uncle Brian, will you go with us?" Matt smirk at him.

I speak up, "Remember Brian, you have nothing to do today and you can never say no to her." I grin cheekily.

He narrows his eyes at Matt and I, "You both fight dirty." He huffs then turns to Indiana, "Of course I'll go with you baby girl." He smiles at her.

He's always a sucker for her. He can never say no to Indiana. All she would have to do is smile, and bat those eyelashes at him and he's putty in her hands. Addison does the same thing. His two favorite girls. Spoiled beyond belief because he can't ever say no to them. And we're off to the park. This should be fun.