Status: New!!

Crimson Day

Chapter Four

While my kids are with Zoe for the weekend, I finally called up my realtor to see if they found me another place to live. This house had to many memories both good and bad that I need to find a new place to live. It's just me and my kids now but when I make Zoe my wife I'll need a different place to live. They found me a new place and I called up Brian to see if he wants to come with me to check it out.

"Hello?"

"Hey man, you busy?"

"Nah not really. It's just me and Addison right now. Michelle went to the store, what's up?"

"I'm finally selling the house." I sigh. "There's just too many memories here that I'm suffocating."

"Are you okay?" He asks in concern.

"I will be once I get out of here." I sigh. "I'm calling because I was wondering if you wanted to check out this house that I'm interested in."

"Yeah man. I'll come with you. Where's it at?"

I chuckle, "Next door to you." I smirk.

He chuckles, "I guess I'll just wait till you get here."

"Yeah. I should be there in about 10 minutes give or take."

"Alright. I'll see you when you get here. Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and just when I get ready to leave my phone rings with Zoe as the identifier.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I ask in concern.

"No." She sniffs.

"What's wrong?" I ask feeling my heart beat faster.

"Destiny's in the hospital. She fell down and said that she was tired. I'm at the hospital with River and Destiny's being seen by the doctor now. Matt, it doesn't look good."

I froze, "I'm on my way. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"I'm scared Matt."

"It's okay baby. I'm on my way."

She sniffs, "Okay. I'll be here."

I run out the door not bothering to lock it or anything I race to the hospital in the process call Brian.

"Hey man, you here?"

"No. Change of plans. I'm on my way to the hospital."

"What happened?"

"It's Destiny."

"I'm on my way. Do you want me to call Johnny and Zack?"

"Please?" I say shakily. "She's my baby girl Brian. I hope she's okay." I say wiping my tears.

"Alright. I'm getting Addison ready now and I'll call Johnny and Zack and have Michelle meet us there."

"Thanks Bri."

"No problem Matt. Make sure my niece is okay."

"I will. I'm here now."

"Alright. Go check on your baby girl."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and run inside the hospital.

"I'm Matthew Sanders and my daughter Destiny Sanders was brought in. Can you tell what room she's in?" I ask the receptionist.

"She's in room 208."

"Thank you." I say.

I walk to her room and for the first time I prayed to God that my baby girl was okay.

"Daddy!" River exclaims when he sees me.

"Hey little man." I say picking up River. "What happened?" I ask Zoe.

"We were playing outside and everything was fine and the next thing I know, River's running up to me saying that Destiny fell down and that she was tired. When she fell down, she cracked her head open and wasn't responding. So I called 911 and they came and got her and here we are." She says with tears in her eyes. "She just went back for another test now. It doesn't look good Matt." She says starting to cry.

I pull her too me and wrap my arm that wasn't holding River up around her, "I'm sorry Matt." She sobs into my chest.

"Hey hey. This isn't your fault." I say rubbing her back and trying to soothe her, "Things like this happen all the time. When the doctor gets back with Destiny hopefully we'll have answers on why she fell." I reassure her.

"I know." She says wiping her tears, "but you should have heard her Matt." She says shaking her head, "anyways, the doctor said the first time, she might, I can't believe I'm going to say this." She mumbles.

"She might have what?" I ask curiously.

She takes a shaky breath and looks at me, "Destiny might have Leukemia." She says as a tear slips down her face.

I swear time stopped. Did I just hear her right? That my baby girl might have Leukemia? This can't be right. She's only 4. She still has her whole life ahead of her. No! She can't.

I feel tears in my eyes, "Shhhh. It's okay. We'll just wait for the doctor." I say wiping my tears away.

"Daddy where's Destiny?" River asks me.

"She's having a test right now and when she's done, she'll be right back here okay little man?"

"Okay." He says putting his head on my shoulder and going to sleep.

While we were waiting for Destiny and the doctor to get back, everyone else showed up, and Zoe is quiet until Brian says something.

"Zoe, you know that this isn't your fault right?"

"It feels like it is because if I was just watching her more closely, we wouldn't be here." She says to Brian with tears in her eyes.

He pulls her into a hug, "She's going to be fine. She's a Sanders. She's tough."

She nods, "I know." She sniffs.

He pulls back, "You going to be okay?" He asks in concern.

"Yeah." She sighs.

"So much for looking at the house today." I chuckle.

"Oh bye the way, I called and they're going to reschedule. They said just give them a call and they wish you the best." Brian says to me.

"Wait! You're moving?" Johnny asked confused.

"Yeah."

"Cool." He shrugs.

15 minutes later the doctor and Destiny arrive back in her room.

"Daddy!" She says spotting me.

I hand a sleeping River over to Brian and sit on her bed next to her and cuddle her, "Hi Baby Girl." I say kissing her forehead. "How do you feel?"

"Im tired." She says yawning and going to sleep.

"Mr. Sanders, I'm Doctor Taylor and after going through a bunch of tests with Destiny, we have a diagnosis. I'm very sorry to say that your daughter does have Leukemia."

No one said a word. I look around and everyone has tears in their eyes and they're silently crying. My baby girl is sick. This can't happen to her. I think I'm going to be sick.
♠ ♠ ♠
As you have noticed the name of Matt's daughter has changed. I love the name Destiny more then Indiana.

Other than that...Enjoy!! =)