Don't Go Into The Light...

Chapter 1

"Oh my God!" I screamed. Izzy rolled her oak green eyes at me and thrust the packet of skittles into my hand. I quickly opened them and shoved a handful in my mouth.
"Don't offer your bestest ever friend one then," Izzy mumbled. I poured a load into her hand and put the rest in my pocket. She smiled at me and brushed her blonde hair out of her face. I suddenly noticed the resemblance between her and Barbie. Long, straight blonde hair, flawless skin, perfectly manicured nails. Except Izzy had personality. She was funny, kind, generous. Plastic dolls tend to lack in that department.
When we arrived at school, the first bell had already rung. Gerard, Mikey and Bob were stood by the front entrance waiting for us.
"Hey guys," I said, waving slightly. They grunted in response. They're not what you'd call morning people. Izzy smiled, then screamed in their ears, "Hey guys!" They all took a step backwards, alarmed at her sudden outburst. I began to laugh.
"God, don't deafen us, will you?" they grunted. Izzy just laughed at them, before walking into the main building.

"I think I'm gonna fall asleep," whispered Gerard. I giggled, putting my hand over my mouth. Miss Harnet looked at me strangely, before turning back to the board. Gerard leaned back in his seat and began to draw roughly on his notebook. Halfway through his drawing, he stopped to look behind him. I followed his gaze and saw Mikey, fast asleep, snoring softly. Gerard began to laugh uncontrollably, causing Miss Harnet to look around. When she spotted Mikey she sighed.
"Michael!" she shouted, as loud as she could. Mikey jumped. His head shot up, making him lose his balance. His chair slipped and he collapsed on the floor. Everyone started laughing, including Miss Harnet. Gerard glared at her, helping his brother up. In the struggle, Gerard caught his foot underneath the table. He fell forward, landing on top of Mikey. Everyone burst out in fresh peals of laughter. Gerard stumbled to his feet, pulling Mikey with him. They walked out of the classroom, just as the second bell went. Once I had stopped laughing, I followed them into the cold courtyard.