Don't Go Into The Light...

Chapter 2

It was time for us to go home and we were all heading for the doors. As we where walking home, I asked Bob if he wanted to come home to my house. He agreed and walked home with me, as his parents were at work and he didn't have anything else to do. The others lived in other areas so they went to the other routes. When we got home, I sat with Bob and talked to him for a while. Then we decided to invite Gerard and Mikey over. I rung them and 20 minutes later there was a knock at the door. It was Gerard and Mikey at last. They came in and told us to turn on the news because there was some important news on they thought I would want to hear. We turned on the news to find shockingly, Izzy had gone missing. She had vanished before she got home after school.
"She can't have vanished, she's my best friend," I said to them.
"We have to go look for her in the places she goes the most," I said.
We set off for the woods, her favourite place. Gerard shouted to me
"Over there," he said. But the girl wasn't Izzy it was someone else. This girl had the same blue eyes as my best friend, but they were a darker shade. This girl's eyes were bright, electric blue. Her waist length hair was now coloured the same blue and her pale skin seemed to glow. Her perfectly manicured hands looked dull and lifeless, but somehow alive.
"Izzy?" I whispered. The girl tilted her head to one side. She frowned before stepping closer, examining me.
"My name is Illyria. You should fear me. Why do you not fear me?" she asked, her frown deepening. I looked behind me. Gerard was stood with Bob, watching with interest. Mikey wasn't there.
"Gerard?" I called, uncertainly, glancing at Illyria. Or Izzy. Or whoever the hell she was. "Gerard where's Mikey?" I asked, scanning the trees. He spun round quickly, making me dizzy.
"Mikey?" he shouted, his eyes wide with fear. Illyia smiled, seeming happy about something. She breathed in deeply.
"Fear. You smell like fear. It rolls over me like gentle waves." She smiled again, licking her lips. But her smile dropped as she breathed in again.
"Grief. Why do you grieve for this missing mortal? I cannot stand this terrible odour. What is wrong with you? Where does this grief come from?" she cried, flinging her arms around for emphasis.
"Where's Mikey?" Gerard growled, his eyes flashing dangerously. Illyria stopped abruptly and smiled again.
"You name your kind so carelessly. As though it doesn't matter. There is power in a name. Illyria. That is my power." Gerard stepped forward, clenching his fists.
"What is your problem? I want to know where my brother is and I want to know now!" he shouted. The whole wood seemed to vibrate, then go silent. Even Illyria stopped smiling. Her eyes looked behind me, as if searching for someone.
"Mikey is dead," she smiled softly. My experiment worked." Gerard's eyes widened, then narrowed as he ran towards her, screaming. She frowned, then stuck out one hand. The air shimmered in front of her and Gerard ran straight into it. He shrieked, as he flew backwards, into Bob.
"Take them away," Illyria spoke quietly. A figure emerged from the trees, holding Mikey's body. The long, wispy brown hair of the figure blew in front of her face, obscurring her vision. She stumbled, releasing Mikey's body, letting him fall to the floor. Gerard's head snapped upwards, seeing his brother. He clambered to his feet and ran towards Mikey, sobbing slightly. He scooped his brother up in his arms, tears falling from his hazel eyes. He glanced at Bob, who had a look of horror imprinted onto his face. He looked at me, crying silently. I couldn't think of anything to say. He glared at Illyria, venomously, before running and screaming into the depths of the trees. I started after him, before Illyria spoke.
"Now take him away quickly. Do with him as you will. Thats is your reward." I heard her speak. I turned around to see the figure walking towards Bob, who was still on the floor. He didn't move as she grabbed his neck and pulled him into the dark. I didn't either. I didn't run after him, I didn't look back. I just knew I had to go. But before I did, I asked a simple question.
"Who are you?"
"I am Illyria," she said, confused. I nodded once, before running, running as far away as possible.