Status: here have another story

My Heart Beats for You

You Hold My Attention

Vic did show me around their mansion, and then brought me to their ‘throne room’. I was surprised by the fact that they had one, and even more so that Vic wanted me to sit on his lap. They only had four chairs, so he pulled me onto his lap, his hands resting on my hips.
“Your things should be here soon,” he said quietly. I blinked in confusion. “What do you mean?” I asked. “Like, your clothes and personal belongings. So that you can stay here,” Vic said back.
“Oh…” I frowned and looked away from him. I hadn’t expected that I would never see my little crappy house again, or that I would be moving into the Fuentes mansion today. Vic rubbed the side of my hips with his hands soothingly and waited for me to look at him.
“I didn’t expect it to be so soon,” I admitted. “I know. But my parents want to make the truce official as soon as possible,” I nodded and folded my hands in my lap.
“If you want we can skip this and just go to my room?” I nodded, feeling a little guilty for abandoning his family, but still not wanting to sit through it.
Vic had explained that his family was usually present to deal with business in the vampire world, and that was why he wanted me here.
He was trying to make me feel as included as possible, even though I wouldn’t be a part of this for a while. “Come on,” Vic said quietly and pulled me away the second I stood up.
He hadn’t showed me his bedroom, but I kind of wanted to see it. Bedrooms were always so personal, and you could sort of tell what the person was like by looking around their room.
Vic took me down the opposite hallway as before which led back to the entrance. He led me up the massive staircase to the next floor, and then down another hallway until we got to the massive double doors that I guessed led to his room.
Vic pushed one half of it open and let me inside.
His room was just as grand as all of the others, but there were more things there. He had a gigantic bed that looked bigger than a king, and a fireplace about half my height. I looked around his room at the long, midnight blue curtains that matched his dark, almost teal walls.
There was a couch in the corner of the room, the same color as the curtains, and a dark-wooded dresser. He had a few bookshelves too, lined with books, movies, and music.
Vic nudged me forward, laughing quietly when I blushed. “You don’t have to stand in the doorway,” he said and smiled at me.
“Do you like it?” I nodded and followed him further into his bedroom. He closed the curtains then, bathing the room in darkness.
I watched him turn on the adjustable lights until it was just bright enough to make out details. It set the room in a nice, silvery-blue glow, and looked absolutely stunning.
“Did you decorate it yourself?” I asked. “No. We had an interior decorators do all of the rooms, but I told them what I wanted. It’s one of the few rooms in this place that aren’t red,” I smiled and sat down on his bed.
He had blue silk sheets that felt lovely under my touch, and a matching comforter, along with a massive amount of pillows. Vic lay down beside me and smiled.
“You can have your own room if you want, or you can stay with me,” I shrugged lightly. “I don’t mind. Your room is probably bigger than my entire house. Besides, we’ll share a room eventually, right? So why not start now?”
Vic smiled again and twined his fingers with mine. “I’m glad you’re not afraid of me,” he said quietly and closed his eyes. “Why would I be? You don’t seem so scary,”
Vic shrugged. “Everyone just assumes that all vampires are terrifying, soulless demons that only want blood, and a lot of people would be afraid of me. Or, the vampires that I know treat me like the son of the king, and I have to act proper and charming in front of them…. You just treat me normally.”
I frowned a lay down beside him. “To be honest, I was a little afraid until I met you. You couldn’t scare a kitten,”
Vic laughed at me and finally opened his eyes. “Kell, I’m hurt,” he teased.
“I’m so sorry for your ego,” He laughed again and relaxed against the bed. “I’m glad I picked you,” I smiled at him, squeezing his hand gently.
“Me too,” ~

“Kellin?” someone asked. “Kellin, wake up,” I groaned and hid my face further into my pillow. “Kellin, aren’t you hungry? It’s morning,”
I finally put a name to the voice and rolled over. “Sleepyhead,” Vic teased and sat up. I stretched, arching my back and hearing a few pops as I did.
“That sounds healthy,” I laughed and nodded before cuddling up under the blankets again.
“No, don’t go back to sleep,” Vic said and nudged me. “But I’m so comfy and warm,” Vic rolled his eyes at me. “Get up,” he whined.
“Make me,” His eyes narrowed at the challenge before he crawled over me on the bed. He grabbed my sides and then lifted me up until he could carry me out of bed.
“Hey, put me back,” Vic laughed at me and shook his head, continuing to carry me off. I whined as he set me down and then laughed at my expression.
“Aren't you hungry?” he asked. I was, kind of. “Fine,” Vic smiled and got some clothes out for himself before leaving the room. He had done the same thing last night, so that I could change in here.
I didn’t mind sleeping in the same bed as him, and to be honest, his presence was kid of comforting. I never received much affection, and just having him there felt nice.
I didn’t feel weird around him either. He seemed more like my best friend than my fiancé though. Maybe I wasn’t used to being intimate with anyone, but so far we just acted like we had known each other all our lives.
We actually had a lot in common, and if we had met as two normal humans, I would have wanted to date him anyways.
I was also kind of looking forward to our engagement party. Vic hadn’t officially proposed to me or anything, but his parents still insisted on the party being on Friday. I was excited to meet some of the people Vic had mentioned.
So far, he and his parents, plus the servants, were the only vampires I had ever met, and I was intrigued to see if they were as normal as Vic was.
I heard him knock and let him know it was okay to come in. I had dressed in a pair of jeans and a thin sweater.
“You like nice,” Vic said and smiled at me. “Thanks,” He did too. He had put on a sort-of pale maroon sleeveless button-down that hugged his body perfectly, and pair of ripped black jeans.
“So do you,” I smiled back and then slid my shoes on. Vic had explained that they weren’t necessary, but I wore them anyways.
He rolled his eyes and slid his shoes on too. I smiled at the sentiment. “So…I was thinking…I didn’t actually propose to you…” Vic said, smiling at me.
“And I thought that I should, whether we’re ready to get married or not,” I bit my lip, watching as he walked closer to me.
“So, Kellin, will you marry me?” I smiled and nodded and then gasped as he held out his hand. He had a ring in it, with bright greenish-blue gems in it.
They looked almost like tinted diamonds, and were absolutely gorgeous. “Vic, you didn’t have to—“Just shush, okay? I wanted to. Besides, I liked the color. It kind of matches your eyes,”
I blushed and let him slide the ring onto my finger. It fit perfectly and glimmered under his low lights. “Thank you,” I said softly and met his gaze.
He nodded and smiled back at me before leaning in to kiss me. I kissed back, both of us just tasting each other. “When did you even have time to get this?” I asked, making him laugh.
“You’d be surprised what the royal family can get in under 24 hours. I asked one of my servants to help me last night,”
I smiled and kissed him again, genuinely liking the feel of his lips on mine.
“So you like it?” I nodded and looked down at the ring again. It had three gems in it, whatever they were; one of them long and more oval-shaped than the others.
They weren’t huge, something I liked, and was framed by a thin, silver band. “It’s so pretty,” I said quietly, earning another smile.
“I’m glad you like it,” I nodded and looked up at him. “How could I not?” Vic shrugged lightly and took my hand. “Breakfast is ready,”
I let him lead me through the halls again to the dining room, one I had seen last night. I hadn’t met his brother yet, and I knew he would be here today.
“What’s wrong?” Vic asked as I stopped. “Um…what if he doesn’t like me?” He made a face at me before understanding. “Don’t worry. He’ll love you,”
I chewed my lips nervously and let him pull me through the doors.
Vic’s parents were already there and talking quietly while they ate. Mike was there too, looking tired and kind of hung-over honestly.
“You know Michael, if you weren’t out drinking all night, you might feel better in the morning.” Mike glared at his mother before resting his head on his arm.
Vic led me over to the table and sat down, waiting for me to do the same too. The servants walked up almost immediately, asking what we wanted.
“Just toast, thanks,” Vic said. “Um…fruit?” They nodded and scurried off. “Good morning Vic, Kellin,” I smiled at Vic’s parents and then looked at his brother.
“Too hung over to function again?” Vic teased. He gave him the finger, not bothering to look up. “Michael,” his mom scolded. He groaned and finally sat up.
“Are you the fiancé?” he asked. I nodded, biting my lip. “Do you talk?” I nodded again and then blushed. “Yes,”
Mike laughed a little and then cringed. “You could try some hang-over cures,” I said. “Such as?” I bit my lip lightly as tried to think of the ones my mom liked.
“Um…my mom likes Gatorade and aspirin,” I said, Mike making a face at me. “How the hell is that supposed to help?” he asked back.
“Well, the sports drinks replenish the water in your body, and the aspirin helps with the headache,” He sighed and stood up, walking towards what I guessed was the kitchen.
“Sorry, I didn’t know he was drunk,” Vic said and rested his head on his hand. “It’s okay,” He smiled at me and leant over to kiss my lips.
I smiled back, the servants walking up. “Here you are,” one of them said and set our breakfast in front of us. The other put the same glass from before in front of Vic and then a glass of orange juice in fruit in front of me.
“Thank you,” Vic and I said at the same time. He laughed at me and then picked up his glass. I wrinkled my nose at him as he sipped from it and then swallowed. “What?”
I shook my head, Vic’s eyes narrowing. He leant over and caught my chin to kiss me, his tongue forcing my lips apart. He licked my tongue, laughing as I pulled away and cringed.
“Ew, Vic,” I hadn’t noticed his parents were watching us as we messed with each other. “You two seem to be getting along well,” his mom said, startling us.
We both blushed as they stared at us. “Mhm, we’ve already seen you kiss twice,” I blushed deeper and took a sip of my juice. “Isn’t that a good thing?” Vic asked.
“Of course. We just weren’t expecting you to take to each other so quickly. Apparently you’ve made a good decision,” His dad complimented.
Vic looked at me and smiled before taking another sip from his glass. I had noticed that all of three of them had them, and I guessed they drank it often.
“Have you chosen a date yet?” Vic’s mom asked. “No. We met yesterday,” she shrugged and took a bite of the eggs she had been eating.
“I was only asking. And I thought I would ask about the engagement. I would like you both to look your best on Friday, and Vic, I do want you to be polite, whether you want to or not,”
Vic nodded and stared down at his toast. We all ate in silence for a while, until Mike came back. “Hey, Kellin,” he said and sat down across from me.
I met his eyes, surprised that he knew my name. “How did you know that would work?” I shrugged and set my fork down. “It’s just the one that my mom likes. She said it works better,”
He nodded a little and looked at the servant standing by the door. He scampered off, apparently knowing what he wanted.
“Well thanks,” I nodded and ate the last grape out of my bowl. “So…” Mike looked around at his family, noticing the tense atmosphere.
“What were you talking about?” he asked. “The engagement. I expect you to be on your best behavior too. There will be a lot of important people there to discuss the wedding and the details of the truce so—Vic stood up, cutting her off as he walked out of the room without a word.
“Victor,” his father called, completely ignored as the door behind him. “Excuse me,” I followed after Vic, seeing him turn the corner towards his room.
I sighed and chased after him, out of breath by the time I reached his room.
He was lying on the bed, holding a pillow over his face. “Vic?” He just continued to lay there as I walked over to him. I bit my lip nervously before getting on the bed and straddling him.
He moved the pillow to look at me with surprise. “I wanted to get your attention,” I said and rested my hands on his stomach. Vic sighed quietly and let the pillow fall back down. “What’s wrong?” I asked and pushed it off of him.
He sighed again, staring up at the ceiling. “I don’t really want to have the engagement party on Friday,” he said. “Why not?” Vic was quiet for a while, before finally answering.
“My birthday is on Saturday,” he said quietly. “Really?” He nodded and met my eyes.
“I just—it’s not that I don’t want to be engaged, it’s just…I don’t want my birthday to be a political event. All of my parents guests will be talking about the truce or the engagement, and I just…I don’t want to. I hate their parties anyways, and I really don’t want to spend my birthday talking about whatever they discussed the night before,”
I nodded and rubbed his stomach gently. “I’m sorry,” He shrugged lightly and sat up a little. “Its fine,” I shook my head then, meeting his eyes.
“No it isn’t. It’s not fair that you have to sacrifice celebrating you birthday for the stupid truce. Why can’t your parents just move the part to next week?”
Vic smiled a little and rested one of his hands on my hip. “I knew I liked you for a reason…. But they can’t. Everyone already knows it’s for Friday, so it would be counterproductive to change it. Besides, my parents really want to get the truce finalized, and I can imagine the rest of the political party will too.”
I frowned and then leant forward and pressed my lips to his. “Why don’t we just do something then? On Saturday, we can just—disappear for the day and do whatever you want,”
Vic smiled at me sadly and shook his head. “That’s a sweet thought, but I’m not allowed to leave the mansion without at least five guards with me, and I imagine you won't either now,”
I frowned again and put both of my hands on his shoulders. “Well than we can stay in here and ignore everyone all day,” Vic laughed and let me press my mouth to his, kissing back enthusiastically.
He parted his lips at the same time I did, letting me slide my tongue into his mouth. Vic’s tongue glided against mine, licking back against me.
He held onto my hip a little tighter, moaning into my mouth quietly. I smiled and pulled back an inch, loving the sound. Vic blushed a little.
“That was really hot,” I said and kissed him again. He fell back against the bed, pulling me with him. I moved to lie on top of him, my thigh between his legs.
Vic broke away to breathe, a smirk on his lips. “You know, for never dating anyone, you sure do know how to kiss,” he said and put one of his arms under his head.
“Mhm, I told you had kissed people before,” Vic nodded and smiled at me as I made myself more comfortable on top of him.
“It doesn’t feel like I just met you,” he said. “I know what you mean,” He smiled at that. We were both so comfortable around each other, anyone who didn’t already know would probably assume we had know each other for years, and the we had probably been dating for a while, when in truth; we had only met about 24 hours ago.
“I like you,” I said and rested my head on his chest. He rubbed my back gently before agreeing. “I like you too Kellin,” ~
♠ ♠ ♠
hielloh

title- "The New National Anthem" Pierce the Veil