Baby, Come Home

Prologue.

I felt like my chest was going to cave in. I couldn’t breathe- couldn’t talk. I was frozen unable to move. How was this happening? Why was this happening? Roosevelt had said that nobody was going to be sent into any foreign war and yet my Patrick was being taken away from me.

He told me that I shouldn’t worry for him, that he would be back and our lives would pick up right where we left it. That his love for me would only grow with the distance. I wanted to believe every single word he was telling me, but all I could do was worry that once he got into that bus I would never see his face again.

“Patrick,” I didn’t want to let go of his hand.

“Don’t you worry about me darling.” All I could do was cry, I wanted to believe that he was going to be okay, that he would come back to me and time would wait for us- But time is nobody’s friend.

“Baby, come home,” I cried.

“Eva, my love, there is nothing more in the world that I want than that.”

“Promise me you’ll come back to me.”

“I have to go,”

I shook my head, “don’t leave.”

“I love you darling.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh, thank you to santi santi, ToxicMayson, and Ali Cat you guys are amazing, and i hope you guys enjoy the story.
The rest of the story will be written in letters and I hope you'll like it.
-Jenn