Sequel: The Last Sunrise

Monster

VAMPIRE!!

"Hey, yo mom! I'm at a friend's house I'll be home later on tonight, okay?" He hangs up the phone. He walks over to me.

"I left a message with her. I wonder where they could be now?" He says.

"I don't know." I say and we walk downstairs to wake up the other boys. I smack Devan's leg and he twitches and sits up fast.

"Oh my God, what did I do?" He asks out loud. "My ass hurts!"

"It looks like you had a great night." I reply. He looks down at Jared and notices that they're both naked.

"Oh my God..." He says. "I can't believe I did this."

"It's fine," I say. "We did too." Jared moves around and opens his eyes, slowly stretching his arms out.

He yawns and says, "Damn, that couple was pretty scared."

"Who?" I ask.

"Ah, nothing. We fed on this one couple driving around." Alex slides his hand into mine.

"Did the woman have dark brown hair?" Alex asks.

"Yeah, why?" Jared says.

"Did the guy have dirty blond hair?" Alex asks.

"Yeah, why?" Jared asks again.

Alex tightens his grip around my hand. I look at him and he looks me in the eyes. They're turning red as tears form.

"Are you okay?" I ask. Alex lets go of my hand and runs upstairs.

"Alex!" I call but he just ignores me. I look at Jared and Devan and just shake my head slowly.

"You fucked up." I say and run upstairs after Alex.

The sun is rising and none of the curtains are closed so I have to run fast. I run through the house, only a blur until I reach the room we made love in last night. I slowly push open the door and see Alex sitting on the bed sobbing with his head in his hands.

"Alex, I am so sorry." I say and slowly walk over to him.

"They were all I had." He whispers and continues sobbing.

I engulf him into a hug and we sit there for a few minutes as I rub his back and he soaks my shirt with his tears. Once he falls asleep, I pick him up in my arms and carry him downstairs.

"I'm really sorry, dude." Jared says.

"At least Devan gave them their last words." I say and lay Alex on the bed.

"He was adopted, you know." I re-inform them. "They were all he had. Now, he's only got me and he's mortal, I'm not. It's probably not going to last between us."

"Unless you turn him." Jared says.

"I don't want to." I say. "I don't want him to live with this eternal pain."

"It's either live with him forever or say good bye now," Jared says. "Because he won't be able to live by himself out there. He's going to be put in a foster home and you'll never see him again. Both of you will be heart broken. Either be with each other forever or say good bye now."

I think about this while Alex sleeps. Jared and Devan are in the living room watching TV. I need some alone time anyways. This is a very hard decision. I never knew it was going to come down to this so soon. It's like everything was a daydream and I just got hit in the face with the reality stick.

Should I turn him? Or should I let him go and live his life?
Both of us would be heartbroken and depressed all our lives.
Depression or happiness?

I pick happiness. I'll check once more with Alex if this is the life he wants to live. \

There is a moment of silence. I hear no TV, nobody talking, just Alex's steady breathing as he sleeps next to me.
Would he want to go in his sleep?
How do I turn him?

I get up and walk into the living room and stop in front of Jared and Devan. They pause their movie and look at me.

"Made your choice yet?" Jared asks. I look down at my feet and back up at them.

"I'll check with him if this is the path he wants to take." I say. "If it's a yes, I need to know how to turn him." Jared smiles and explains to me the routine.

Bite, don't suck. He'll think nothing happened but in 24 hours, he'll be a vampire.

I think in my head the perfect way to do this. I hear footsteps in the hallway. I turn around and see Alex standing in the living room rubbing his eyes. I tower over him and engulf him into another hug. He just rests his head on my shoulder.

"Just kill me now." He whispers into my shirt. My hands run free down to his hands and I intertwine our fingers. I kiss his cheek and guide him into the bedroom again. I close the door and lock it, guiding us to the bed.

"I love you, Alex." I say. "Don't ever forget that. I never tried or wanted to hurt you." I look down at my hands and turn into the monster I am. I look back into his eyes and see that he's ready for this. He's not startled by my monster eyes, he's not sad. He's begging.

I lightly kiss his lips and invite his tongue in. I feel him run his tongue over my sharp teeth and then explore the rest of my mouth as the kiss gets deeper and I explore his.
I slide my hands under his shirt and slowly slide his shirt up and over his head, off his body.

I attach my lips to his cheek, and slowly give him short kisses down his cheek, jawline, and down to his neck. I lay him down and take off the rest of our clothes and make sweet love like last night. Only this time, I do it. I bite him, I turn him as I am inside him and he's moaning my name. I don't think he even felt pain.

That's good. I don't want him to feel pain. But just as Jared said, we fall asleep together and the next morning we wake up and I look into his now, gorgeous black vampire eyes.