Sequel: The Last Sunrise

Monster

Drama

I see a guy walk up behind Billy and pull his arms back, revealing the plank of wood in his hands and colliding it with Billy's head. Billy lets go of Vince's arm and falls limp in the chair he's duct taped to. Vince runs into the kitchen. My scream is muffled through the tape but you can still hear me. I try wriggling out of my chair violently so i cant get this tape off of me, kick these guys asses and save him. But the guy who knocked Billy out comes over to me and holds my shoulders down.

"Calm down, kid." He says and I try shaking his hands off my shoulders. He only slaps the side of my head and tells me to stop.

"Don't touch him, asshole!" Vince yells at him after returning from the kitchen, a towel wrapped around his arm. "It's this one you have to kill!" He motions his head to the unconcious Billy, limp in his chair. I try screaming again and moving around but Vince walks over to me and kneels down beside me. "It's okay, Alex. I'm here now. You don't have to worry about that..." He looks at Billy, trying to figure out what he is. "Thing." He says and kisses my cheek. I try to say something but nobody can understand it through the tape. "What?" Vince asks, pulling the tape off my face. I cringe in pain from the tape and look at Vince. I mumble something and Vince kneels down again, his face so close to mine. "Now..." He says quietly. "What?"

"I said," I say quietly as well. "We're vampires." I whisper and my teeth grow and I attatch them to Vince's neck. I start sucking immediately and I hear him scream in either pain or fear. Maybe both. He tries pulling me off him but my teeth only rip his holes open more and he screams again. That was in pain. He smacks my shoulders and my head to get me off him but as I swallow the blood, I can feel myself becoming stronger.

The other guy who knocked Billy out decided to pull the same thing on me. He hits me with the plank of wood but the plank only shatters and they're stuck with no defensive weapons.
I hear the other kid scream in fear and run off out the door and Vince is getting weaker, his screams are getting shorter, quieter, until it comes to a four-year-old whine. Then he collapses on to me and I finally let go, blood running down my face and I know I'm stronger.

I pull my arms up, but nothing happens. I'm still taped to the chair. I try again and the strings built into the tape let loose and I'm free. I rip the tape off my legs and run over to Billy. I rip the tape off him and pick him up, throwing him over my shoulder and checking the time. 4:30 am. Perfect. I walk out the door and down the street, turning onto the sinful streets of Vegas.

Walking through a crowd with an unconcious body on your shoulder really turns heads. People stare at me while I walk through the crowd. I finally reach our house, as the sun starts rising, and open the door. I walk into the living room to see Jared and Devan making out on the couch.

"Excuse me, can I have some help?" I ask, feeling bad for breaking their session but I really do need help. I have no clue what to do.

"Oh, my goodness! What happened? You're all cut up and...is Billy dead?" Devan asks.

"No, my ex got a hold of us and I just got back. I had no choice but to kill him. His friend knocked Billy out with a plank of wood and-" Jared cuts me off.

"He's weak. He needs blood." He says. My heart nearly drops to the ground. He needs blood. The sun is rising and if he doesnt get it, he might die.

"Where am I going to get blood? The sun is rising." I say. Jared and Devan look at each other. I know they're thinking of something to do.

"Alex, we haven't been all there for you lately." Devan says. "We have been so tied up with our human selves since we took blodd from you. I don't want us to grow apart any more than we already have." Jared grabs Devan's wrist before he makes a move and Devan looks back at him.

"Are you sure?" Jared asks.

"Anything for my friends, Jared." He says. "I love them. They gave us what we wanted and we've enjoyed it. It's time for us to go back to what we really are and give back what we lost."

I feel sad, letting them do this but I don't know anything else we can do. Devan steps forward and pulls his shirt off over his head.

"I'm ready." He says and I bite his vein open for Billy and Devan sits down next to him. Billy almost instantly comes to life, but you can see he's weak. He starts taking in Devan's blood until I pull Billy away before he kills Devan.

Jared pulls his shirt off as well and Billy bites him himself and starts feeding. I run to the kitchen and grab towels. One for Devan, one for Jared, and one to wipe off Billy's adorable face. Billy's delusional. While I wipe off his face, he tries to bite my hand. It feels like a puppy trying to find its mother's milk. Just nibbling your fingertip but nothing comes. Billy nibbles my hand and I pull away, making him whine.

"Shhh, it's okay, Billy." I say. "You'll be all right." I brush the hair out of his face and he closes his eyes. I pick him up and carry him to our bedroom and lay him on the bed, covering him with the blankets. I make sure the blinds are shut and walk out. Devan and Jared pull their shirts back on after they've stopped the blood and scars form on their necks.

"Thank you." I say and they just nod.

"Don't worry about it." Devan says.

"Besides," Jared finishes. "I liked being a vampire better." He smiles and a smirk forms on my face. We can be a family again. Until they want my blood again. Until they want to be humans again. My smirk goes away and I plop down on to the couch. Jared turns the TV on and they watch TV, cuddling.

I get up and walk back into our room so I can sleep with Billy. But when I walk in, Billy's gone.