Sequel: The Last Sunrise

Monster

Love is So Strong.

I'm debating on whether I should let Billy in after everything's he's done. I scratch that thought and drag him in, setting him on the couch. I run to the room Alex and Devan walked in to and call for Alex.

"Alex, hurry." I say and he gets up and walks to me, a dumbfounded look on his face. I push him toward the living room and once he notices Billy, he runs to him and collapses by his side.

"Billy, oh my God!" He gasps. "I thought you were dead." He throws his arms around Billy. Billy lets out a cry in pain and Alex backs away instantly. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"It hurts." Billy says, a tear forming in his eye. "It hurts, Alex. Make it stop."

Alex turns to me and gives me a questioning look as if to ask me what we should do. I just shake my head. Billy's going to need blood. Now. He can't wait fourteen hours. He'll-

"Jared, what should we do?" Alex interupts my thoughts and I give him my full attention.

"Nothing." I say.

"What?! We can't do nothing about it! We have to do something!"

"I know. But how are we going to do something when the sun is rising now? Do you expect Billy to wait fourteen hours with no blood?" Alex's look changes from helpless to mature and I'm getting a bad feeling about this. He stands there for a minute, wrestling with his conscience. He doesnt know whether he should say something or not. Then, he finally speaks.

"He-" He pauses, takes a deep breath, and continues. "He can have m-mine." He studders and looks down.

"No. I won't let you do that." I say.

"So you expect us to leave him here to die?" Alex argues.

"There's nothing else we can do! Do you expect a little fairy godmother to appear and save his ass?"

"Then I will!" Alex yells and runs into the kitchen, grabbing a knife.

"NO!" I yell, chasing after him. He places the knife on his wrist and goes to make a cut but I grab his wrists and pin them back. He drops the knife and screams.

"Get off me!" He screams, throwing a temper tantrum.

"You can not play God, Alex. Billy is already dead. I think his time is up." I try to convince him but he's too headstrong to listen.

"Get the FUCK off me!" He yells and throws me against the wall. He snaps up the knife and runs into the living room and I'm too late by the time I get up and run after him. He's got his wrist up against billy's mouth and Billy is gulping pints of blood.

"Alex, no!" I scream and try to pull him awaybut he pushes me back and continues feeding Billy. Devan runs out and nearly screams at the situation and goes to pull Alex back but I stop him.

"I've already tried that." I say.

"But, he'll die." He says quietly.

"There's nothing we can do." I say and we stand there watching a life dieing and another rebuilding. Billy finally pulls away and looks up at Alex, whose about to pass out now, and leans up and places his lips on Alex's. I think to myself, this is their moment. We should leave them alone together, and I pull Devan to the bedroom with me.

Billy's P.O.V.

I don't remember much. Just nearly dieing and being saved by Alex. Once I feel fully charged, I look up at Alex. He looks weak, like he's going to pass out. Then I understand everything. He saved my life. He risked his to save mine.

I pull myself up and place my lips against his, tilting my head to deepen the kiss. I run my hands up his chest and the back of his neck, getting lost in his hair. Alex lets out a soft moan and we pull away.

"Alex," I say quietly and look down at my hands. "I don't know how I could ever thank you. After everything I've done to you and you do this. Alex," I look up at him. "Alex I lo-" His body collapsing into mine, whispering 'live on', before I could say 'I love you'. I catch him, thinking he was going to start a hardcore make-out session with me, but his body goes limp and his eyes are shut.

"Alex?" I ask still holding him. He doesn't respond. "Alex?" I repeat, sounding a little more desperate and I shake him a little. He still doesn't respond and I understand.

I lay his body lightly on top of mine and wrap my arms around him. I stay there and cuddle with him and I start feeling his body getting colder. Why did this have to happen? This is all my fault. I should've never done this. Never hung myself, never attacked Alex, never fall in love with him, never share blood, never share love, nothing. He'd still be a normal boy if I weren't here. It's all my fault. The tears start forming. One falls down my face, then two, and then I'm softly sobbing.

I wake up to someone shaking me. I open my eyes and see Jared and Devan.

"Alex, baby, it's time to get up." I say but he doesn't move and I remember. Everything. I strange heaviness is in my chest, as if my heart is literally breaking. It hurts so bad. I push Alex up and Devan grabs him and places him in a sitting position on the couch. I get up and look at Jared.

"I think we should bury him." He says and I nod my head. It's what he would want. I grab Alex and hold him in a bridal style and we walk outside.

It's nightime, his favorite time of each day. I remember he would ask me to teach him to hunt and I'd give him rides by jumping out his window with him. He was so cute. He still is. He was unique, genuine. Nobody in a million centuries could replace him.

He looks like he's sleeping; like he's in peace. Now I understand why everyone says that. Because it's true. And I would want nothing else to stare at but his beautiful face; his beautiful body. We walk to the shed that's behind the house and grab two shovels. Jared and Devan carry them while I follow.

We walk past a cactus and I remember my ankle. I don't feel any pain...it must've healed from Alex. I love him way too much. What am I going to do when he's buried?

Jared and Devan pick up small wooden planks that they see until they stop in the middle of nowhere and throw the wood on the ground. They look and me and then start digging. The tears start again. I don't want to let him go. I can't. After all we've been through, I want to be buried with him. After Jared and Devan have dug deep enough, they climb out of the hole and walk over to me.

"Are you ready?" Jared asks. I shake my head and more tears fall. I don't want him to go. "You can't keep him forever. his body will rot. Then it would be really smelly and it wouldn't look nice." Devan scrunches his nose and smiles to make the situation lighter but that just reminds me that we were going to be together forever. Who ever thought forever would come so soon?

"It's okay, Billy." Jared says and tries to take Alex away from me but I pull him away and the next thing I know, Jared and Billy are screaming at me 'no'.

Then I feel my foot step in a hole and I fall backwards. Then I notice I'm falling into Alex's grave. I try using my vampire instincts and land on my feet but I remember taking Alex's blood. I'm human.

I hit the gound and my head hits the dirt ground and everything goes blurry. I almost swear I hear Alex asking me if I'm okay and that I'll be ok. He tells me to live on and we'll meet again.

"I-I" I try to force something out. Something I couldn't say earlier. I remember. "I love you." I whisper and everything goes black. I open my eyes and see Jared and Devan over me. I'm in a room. The living room.

"Are you okay?" Devan asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say and I remember what Alex told me. Live on. "As a matter of fact, I feel great." I smile and Jared and Devan look at each other. My stomach growls. I want food. Normal food. Not blood.

I smile and get off the couch and walk over to the door where my shoes are. I slip them on and smile back at Jared and Devan.

"Can I leave? I'll be right back." I say and they look at each other then back at me.

"Uhm..." Jared says. "Sure." I smile and walk out the door, feeling the warm sun on my skin.

"Thank you, Alex." I say quietly to myself and start walking toward town. I nearly lost my life. But I'll never lose my love.
♠ ♠ ♠
"But in the end, it doesn't even matter..."