Whiskey on the Rocks

Whiskey On the Rocks.

I make my way into the bar with some of my friends with intentions of having the best of times. I can say with the utmost certainty that I had earned it. With a smile, we find an empty gap in the bar, and we bolt right to it. After my workout for the night is done, I fix my fitted grey v-neck shirt that bunched up on my run, and pulled up my black skinny jeans.

“Alright, ladies what are we ordering?” The bartender asks us. All of my friends get screw drivers, which are merely just orange juice and vodka; but not me.

“I’m going to have whiskey on the rocks, please!” I chip in after my friends are done ordering.

“Darling, why do you always insist on drinking that? It’s a very masculine drink!” My friend Marilyn exclaims.

“I love it! Always have, Lynn. You know that!” I say with a grin. The bartender brings around our drinks, and exclaims that the first round was on him. Considering how expensive my drink of choice is, I’m most certainly thankful. I begin to sip away at it, admiring the smoothness of it.

“I think I’m going to go dance,” My friend Kate says loudly over the music, pulling our friend Darcy with her. The two of them vanish into the sea of bodies moving to the beat of the house music pumping through this bar.

“How the hell can you love whiskey?” She asks me.

“You’re still on that?” I ask her, and she nods. “Well, here are some reasons why anyone should like it. One, it’s delicious. Two, it shows that I can handle my liquor...three…” I begin to think of more reasons, unable to come up with more.

“It’s a mature and classy drink!” I hear a soothing male voice from behind me. I turn around to see where the remark had come from. He’s tall, lanky, and incredibly handsome with his dark curly hair and chiseled jaw line. He gives me a beautiful smile, and I flash one right back at him.

“Thank you very much, sir!” I say to him happily. “This gentleman speaks my language!” Both of them laugh, and Marilyn gives me an eye roll.

“I’m going to enjoy my screw driver gladly on the dance floor! I know where I’m not wanted,” she retorts laughing. She gives me a subtle wink before heading off towards the floor, leaving me alone with him. I laugh to myself a bit, and turn around to the handsome man behind me.

“Thank you again for coming to my aid,” I say to him with a smile. He stands up and offers me his seat. “Oh my gosh, you don’t have to offer up your seat for little old me! I can stand!” I exclaim. This man is so kind, and so charming; much too good for me.

“I insist, darling! Really, have a seat!” The guy next to the empty stool gets up to leave, and I laugh. “There, we can now both sit. Does that ease your mind in the slightest?” He asks, and with a nod we both sit down. “I’m Tom, love. Tom Hiddleston. What’s your name?”

“I’m Aurora Beckett, or Rory for short,” I say to him with a smile.

“Aurora! Like Sleeping Beauty?” He asks, and I grin with a nod. “Well that’s what I’m going to have to call you, my dear.”

“You can call me anything you want, to be honest!” With every word I utter, I get redder in the face. I’m an idiot.

“Well then, Sleeping Beauty it is then. I’ll throw the occasional Aurora in there for good measure!” Tom says with a chuckle. “So, back to the whiskey debacle! You can truly tell a lot from a person by what they drink,” he says as he picks up his glass.

“Alright, Tom. Tell me what you know about me from this little glass here,” I say to him as I finish off what’s left of my glass and put it down. I laugh as I lightly wipe my mouth, followed by biting my lip. God, that was a lot. I hope he doesn’t think I’m a raging alcoholic.

“Alright. Whiskey on the rocks…you’re a girl who can handle her liquor, which you’ve already said and proven to me,” He says pointing to the glass I finished, making me roll my eyes and laugh. “Whiskey drinkers are very committed and devoted to what they set their minds to,” he says rubbing the back of his neck. I can see in his eyes that he’s searching for things to say. “How am I doing so far?” He asks.

“Two for two, Mr. Hiddleston!” I reply and he laughs. “I’m a very committed girl. Being a school teacher for kids aged four and five can do that to you,” I say with a smile. I turn to the bar, and see that our glasses are once again full. “Please, tell me more! I’m finding this very interesting,” I add. After placing some money down on the bar, I begin tracing the rim of my glass with my finger.

“Well now the pressure’s on!” He exclaims, making me laugh. “Okay. I’d say that you’re a rather independent girl, and that you don’t like asking for help. You have a lot of pride, and you have a slightly rebellious side,” He adds.

“You get all of that from a drink?” I say in shock. “That’s scary,” I add running a hand through my hair. “You’re good, love! Very good.”

“Oh thank you, love. Thank you! I try,” Tom says taking a swig of his glass of scotch. “Oh, and another thing…” He says quietly, and he motions for me to come closer.

“What,” I say with a smile, as I move closer to him. I place my hand on his arm to move me faster. “Whatever is so secretive that you can’t say aloud?” I remark.

“Another thing about whiskey drinkers…they’re mysterious people. Very interesting though,” Tom says.

“Well, that’s really for you to decide, isn’t it?” I ask him, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I take another sip of my whiskey, and he laughs. “So what do you think? Is that true? Do deem me to be interesting?” I edge a bit closer to him. The bloody hell am I doing? My drink can’t be getting to me already, can it?

“You know what? Yes, I do. Aurora, you’re an absolutely fascinating creature,” He says to me. “Not like any girl I’ve met,” Tom adds, making me blush. I can feel his hot breath on my neck, which sends a chill right down my spine. I back up a bit to look at him, and I once again feel my hair fall from behind my ear. I go to get it, and he moves my hand out of the way so he can do it.

“Alright, it’s my turn!” I say to him, moving away from him and placing my half empty glass down on the bar. “Scotch on the rocks, right?” I ask, and he nods. I feel my phone go off in my pocket, and thinking it’s a call, I go to answer it. I look at it only to find out that it’s a text.

Please go home with him. I roll my eyes and turn to see Marilyn looking over at us and dancing away with our other friends. I put my phone back in my pocket and look back at Tom.

The two of us continue talking like that for some time, and I eventually get the feeling like it’s just the two of us at the bar, and about a full hour after the text, I see him take one final gulp of his glass, and place it back down with a thud.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” He asks me. And with a smile, I nod. “Alright, well I forgot that I was here with friends due to some fortunate events, so I’m going to let them know that I’m leaving for a bit. I’ll meet you at the front door,” he says to me nervously scratching the back of his neck.

“Okay, great! I’ll see you over there,” I reply, and with that the two of us split up and I quickly run to find the girls. I see them dancing in their little circle, and I walk over to them.

“Well look who’s decided to join us!” Darcy says with a smile. “You have been chatting it up with that handsome devil all night!”

“And I actually came over to let you guys know that I’m…leaving with said ‘handsome devil’ for a bit,” I reply, making Marilyn jump up and down happily.

“Rory, that’s wonderful! You go girl!” Marilyn exclaims! She pulls me into a hug. “Text one of us when you get somewhere safe. Your place or his,” she says with a wink.

“But we’re coming back,” I say to them. The three of them look at each other for a moment, and then back to me. It’s instantly followed by a bellowing laugh from the trio.

“Darling, you’re not going to be coming back here,” Darcy says to me.

“You’re not leaving and coming back. You’re leaving. That’s it,” Kate adds, and with an eye roll I sigh. “Don’t give me that!”

“Just message us when you lay your head somewhere! Be careful!” Marilyn says.
I hug my girlfriends goodbye, and begin walking towards the door where Mr. Tom Hiddleston was waiting for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I smile to myself as I walk away from her and over to my friends that I honestly did forget about. She truly is something else. Absolutely beautiful, funny, classy; everything I want, and now I’m leaving with her. I find them at the other end of the bar at a table.

“Tom, where the hell have you been?” My best mate Luke asks me.

“I saw you, mate. You’re leaving with that girl over at the bar! Good for you, man!” Ben says patting me hard on the back. “Get out of here, have fun!” He says, and the two of them push me away.

“But we’re coming back!” I say to them matter-of-factly. They stop, look at me, and start laughing.

“Mate, if you come back here I am going to be so mad!” Ben exclaims. “Go! And don’t come back. I’m sure her friends are telling her the same thing.”

I roll my eyes, and walk over to the door. I turn myself around, to see that I didn’t have to wait much longer for her. I watched her walk towards me, her hips swaying with confidence, and her hair bobbing up and down against her shoulders. I’m a lucky bloke.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The two of us leave the bar, and are now out on the sidewalks, embracing the cool breeze.

“Alright, so you were saying!” Tom says, as we begin aimlessly walking around. I begin to think about where we left off.

“Scotch, scotch, scotch…” I say to myself, tapping my finger against my chin. I hear a chuckle come from Tom, and I nudge him with my elbow. “Not nice to make fun,” I pout.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” He exclaims putting an arm around me, and my instant reaction is the wrap my arm around his lower back, being that it’s all I can reach.

“So, scotch drinkers. Let me look into my arsenal,” I say still thinking. “Okay! Scotch...you’re a man of fine taste; everything from what you drink, to what you eat, and clearly to what you wear must be top tier,” I say looking up at him.

“Okay, that’s good!” He says with a laugh. “And I caught that subtle compliment on my clothing of choice tonight, so thank you!” He adds.

The two of us just kept walking, with no idea where we were going to end up. We walked around learning many things about each other. I didn’t mind at all; we could end up in a slum for all I care, but if I was with him, I know I’d be alright. Before we knew it, it began to rain. Hard.

“Oh, bloody hell!” I mumble as my shirt quickly becomes drenched. Tom grabs my hand and we start running. He takes me to this rather large and regal looking building, and tugs me inside after a man in a red suit ushers us in.

“Thank you, Arthur!” Tom says with a smile, shaking himself off.

“Is this where you live?” I ask him.

“Well on the fifth floor, yeah!” He says to me. I watch him walk to the elevator and notice his grey t-shirt sticking to him, exposing the muscles in his back. I check to see if my mouth is closed by placing my hand on my jaw; it wasn’t. I close it back up and follow him over.

The two of us get into the elevator, and he hits the button for the fifth floor. I can feel his eyes on me now, as I hear the ‘ding’s of the elevator as we hit each floor. Finally we make it to the fifth, and the doors open to a beautiful penthouse.

“Tom, this is beautiful!” I say looking around.

“Love, I can assure you that there are many things that exude more beauty than this place,” He says scratching the back of his head nervously. “Wait right here, I’ll be back!” He says, and he jogs away and I giggle at the sound of the squeak in his shoes from the rain.

I continue to walk around, taking everything in from the view he has overlooking the park, to all the books he had perched up on book shelves. I walk past them brushing my fingers across the spines of all these old classic novels, and I hear light footsteps come to a stop. I turn to Tom with a smile and see that he has a bundle of clothes in his hands, and that he’s changed into some of his own; a pair of flannel pants and a white fitted t-shirt.

“And what is this?” I ask him with a smile.

“I don’t want you getting driven home in this, so I think it’s best if you just stay here with me,” he says moving towards me. He hands my all the clothes in his hands, and laughs. “I didn’t know what your preference was. I brought you pants, shorts, a pair of boxers that I have never worn, and some shirts!”

He plops the clothes down in my hands and I smile up at him. I follow him to the bathroom, and he leaves me in there to change. This man may be the most chivalrous man I have ever met in my life, and he’s interested in me. I smile to myself as I pick out a pair of sweatpants that I have to roll to fit me, and a tank top. I take off my shoes and leave them in the bathroom, and I come out with a smile. I see him on a couch next to his bookshelves looking out at the rain outside. I come running over and I plop down next to him. I drape his arm over me and put my feet up next to him. He smiles and rests his head on top of mine.

“Is this odd to you?” I ask him.

“Not in the slightest,” he replies quietly. I feel his heart beating lightly, as my head rests on his chest.

“Good, because you are incredibly comfortable!” I say as I snuggle into him, making him laugh a bit.

“Is that a quality amongst scotch drinkers, you think?” He asks me. I sit up and look at him.

“I think it’s just a ‘you’ quality,” I say with a shrug. With a smile, he pulls me back into him, and wraps his arms around me.

“I’ll gladly take that,” he states, and with that he lightly places his lips on mine.
I feel my heart practically beating out of my chest as I begin to kiss him back. I place my arms around his neck, and pull him a bit closer to me, as if that were even possible. His hands grab at my legs and he moves me so I’m straddling him. I smile into his kisses, and I feel his hands rest on my waist. I gladly let his tongue in as I feel it delicately graze my lower lip.

I’ve never felt anything like this from just a kiss. It was a kiss that I never knew I could get from anyone. Every kiss I’ve received before this, my brain just decided to throw away. This was my first kiss, now. I’ve never been kissed before this. He pulls away from me resting his forehead against mine, breathing heavily.

“Forgot to breathe,” he says making me laugh. He looks at me for a bit. “I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone like you,” He states, looking me in the eyes. I just look at him for a moment. I place a kiss lightly on his lips, and he gives me a lopsided grin.

“You think I’m one of a kind? I’m pretty sure you’ve proven to me that chivalry isn’t entirely dead at all!” I say to him with a smile, and I lose the ability to hide back a yawn. He chuckles and places a kiss on my forehead. “I did everything I could to contain that!” I say banging my head against his shoulder. I hear him laughing and he begins to move underneath me. He moves me off of him and gets up off the couch. “Tom, where are you going?” I ask him, and he lifts me up off the couch bridal style.

“We are going to bed!” He says with a yawn of his own. I just start laughing. “My dear, yawns are contagious! Hasn’t anyone ever told you that?” He asks, and we reach his bed and he plops me right down on it. I quickly crawl under the covers, and he follows suit. He pulls me into him so his stomach is resting up against my back. I turn myself so I’m facing him. I give him a kiss that lingered a bit, and pulled away, resting my head on his chest.

“I wouldn’t mind doing this every night,” I say to him with a grin as I yawn again.

“Me too,” He replies, stroking my hair. “Do you want to?” I hear him ask. I sit up in the bed and look down at him and nod. “You do?”

“You think I want to pass up on getting kissed like that on a daily basis? Are you mad, man?” I ask him. “And I guess that you’re an okay guy,” I add, making him chuckle. I smile down at him, and he tucks my hair behind my ear again.

“You’re stunning, you know,” Tom says to me, and I smile wide and lay back down on him. “Absolutely stunning.”

“You’re not so bad yourself,” I say pecking him on the cheek. I feel myself drifting off into sleep. “I meant it when I said that I could do this every day,” I mumble as I get more and more tired.

“I know, I did too…” Tom replies with a yawn. And before I know it, I’m fast asleep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel Aurora’s breath on my chest, and I feel her hand move up my chest and cling lightly onto the top hem of my shirt. I sigh to myself.

“Every single day,” I say to myself with a smile. I kiss the top of her head, and begin going off to sleep. “See you in the morning, Sleeping Beauty.” I placed another kiss on her head, and close my eyes. “Good night, my whiskey on the rocks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written anything like this in a long time. This is the first story I've finished in literally years. But over the last month, I've sort of become rather fond of Mr. Tom Hiddleston, and this story is based on a dream I had about him. No porn-like material in here, unless you call Tom Hiddleston just looking good porn:D

I hope you guys like it. Give me some feedback on how to improve my writing skills, I know I need it! Just be nice when you do so!