Status: New Story!

Edge of Our Dreams

The Job

“Hello!” Lilly smiled brightly opening the door to a beaming Tom. “Wow, hi,” She repeated taking in his appearance. “Well I feel under dressed,” She muttered starring at his waist coat, shirt and smart trousers.

“Work,” He replied simply. “And I remember you saying how much you loved a man in a waistcoat,” Lilly bit her lip and just nodded. She loved him in a waist coat.

“I approve,” Tom just chuckled and stepped inside shutting the door behind him.

“I also brought wine, “

“God, you’re perfect,” Lilly smiled back leading him through to the living room. She’d set everything out just right, candles, mood lighting, a well-dressed table and music on in the background. Tom gazed around taking in all the different parts of the room, and the scent of food cooking. He was famished, a full day of work had taken it out of him, and he’d ended up skipping lunch to sort some things out. “So we’re having salmon, I hope fish is okay?”

“Sounds wonderful,” Tom replied as she walked towards the kitchen. The room was split in two, the kitchen at one end and living room the other. It worked well. A breakfast bar separated the two. “Do you need any help?”

“No it’s all good, actually-“ She paused opening the glass cupboard and grabbing two wine glasses.
“Can I put you in charge of drinks?”

“Certainly,” He smiled watching as she busied herself in the kitchen. He loosened his tie and slipped it off, enjoying the time he had now to relax. He unbuttoned the first few buttons of his shirt but left the waist coat on, for her. Tom poured two glasses of red and took one to Lilly. “There we go darling,” She smiled in reply, twirling some pasta round in boiling water. “This all smells divine,”

“I’m glad you think so,” She turned to face him and took a long sip of her wine. She noticed the splattering of fine hair on his chest, where he’d opened up his shirt, and she had to resist the temptation to stroke the bare skin. Get a grip woman.

She passed the glass back to him and turned, remembering she needed to add some green vegetables to the mix.

Tom took a step back and just watched with interest; she seemed in her element in the kitchen, pottering around with meaning and purpose. She moved elegantly and as the music changed to something a little more lively Tom couldn’t help himself. He noticed the wiggle in her hips as she switched from one counter to another. He walked back into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around her waist, swaying in time with the music.

Lilly turned her head to catch his gaze a coy smile playing on her lips. Tom just smirked back adding a flirtatious wink before his hand linked with hers and he pulled her hard against him. She gasped as he started to move with the music, leading their dance with a strong dominance. Lilly could do nothing but go with it, laughing and smiling as he danced her around the kitchen.

She had to hand it to him, the boy could dance. Those hips.

“Wow,” Lilly giggled as he twirled her around and she came delicately crashing into his chest. “You’re good,” Tom just laughed as he pressed a single finger under her chin so she looked up to him. Their lips met quickly and she felt the same wonderful buzz she felt before. Kissing him was incredible.

“Lilly,” He whispered breaking their kiss.

“Yesss?” She was breathless, god he was amazing. Whatever he said next would have her crashing to ground she knew it. If he'd asked her to go to bed with him she'd have done it there and then in the kitchen.

“The water is bubbling over?”
“Huh?” He looked behind her and pointed to the pasta. Lilly turned and groaned, not quite the romantic comment she was hoping for.

“Shit, I, opps,” She mumbled quickly picking up the saucepan. “I got distracted, you are very distracting,”

“Mhmm,” Tom chuckled, he’d moved away from the kitchen and was sat at the breakfast bar. “And that is why I am staying this side of the breakfast bar,” He added drawing an invisible line. He kept quiet as Lilly bobbed around doing the last bits for the meal, he enjoyed watching her. She plated up two meals and turned round to place them in front of the chairs. Tom was gazing at something on the coffee table, his eyes scanning over it before he hummed quietly.

“Tah dah!” She smiled bright at him.

“Lil this looks amazing,” His hand took hers and he pulled her round to him to place a simple kiss against her lips. “I cannot wait to taste,” He whispered letting go of her and watching as she pulled herself onto the seat.

“I am so hungry!” She admitted picking up her knife and fork. “I hope it’s good,”

“It will be,” Tom replied with a smile digging into the food. He was right. The pasta was cooked to perfection, not too soft still with a little bite, the sauce was delightful and the salmon was delicate. They always said the way to a man’s heart was food, and with this kind of cooking Tom had no chance. “Where did you learn to cook?” He questioned watching her take another bite of her food.

“Umm books, experimenting, tv shows,” Tom raised his eyebrows, he was expecting a story about a grandmother or even mum. “I guess my mum cooks, and my nan, but they installed a passion for food, never taught me to cook myself,”

“Passion for food?”

“Yeah I love food,” She felt the blush creeping over her face. “It’s my problem, the reason I will never be smaller than a 12,” Tom chuckled as he finished his mouthful of food.

“I see no problem with that,” She couldn’t help but smile at that comment. “You keep fit,” He added and she wasn’t quite sure what to say except nod. “You could always come running with me some time,”

“Pass,” She said simply earning a chuckle. “I would show you up,”

“Not possible,”

“Have you seen the episode of friends where Phoebe goes running with Rachel?” Tom nodded with a smirk.

“I see a bit of Phoebe in you actually,”

“Ah huh, well you’d see a whole lot more if I went running, plus the accidents that could happen,” She finished off her last bite of pasta and winked at him. “I don’t want to damage anyone!”

“So what do you do to keep fit? That limits accidents?”

“I hit the gym, though there have been accidents, I also do yoga, more to increase by balance, plus I run after hundreds of under grad students and unorganised musicians,”

“Ah yes work, how is RADA?” Lilly looked over to him as he asked the question, his eyes were down as he finished off the last bits of his dinner.

“Good, I do bits and pieces for them, I’m not always there,” She couldn’t remember mentioning her work to him before. The only time they’d gone near the topic of work was at the function where she’d ended up with scuffed knees and a Tom sized teddy bear to snuggle up to.
She tried to push that wonderful image out of head.

“It’s a great place to work,”

“You know it?”

“Well,” He placed his knife and fork on the plate and smiled at her. “Really well, how long have you worked there?”

“Only a year,” Tom nodded taking his wine and savoring the taste. “Did you-have you…“ She paused not sure what to ask but Tom smiled at her. He knew what she was thinking. They skated around the topic of work, and discreetly discussed it, they both worked in the same industry, every time she talked about the arts it was like talking about work.

He knew he had to tell her at some point.

“I was a student,” Lilly’s eyebrows rose, he was an actor. Suddenly lots of actor stereotypes flew through her mind, underpaid, no work, over dramatic, lots of sex, ridiculously good looking. Well he was ridiculously good look.

“You’re an actor?” Now she’d said it out loud it made more sense. He was funny, animated when he talked, loved the arts, and was good at accents.

“We’re not all bad,” He chuckled; she must have been pulling some stupid face.

“Oh god no I didn’t mean that honestly!” She gasped, blowing her chance in one face. Tom just laughed and shook his head, he hadn’t taken offence. “I mean it makes sense, but I don’t know, I just didn’t know what you did, you’re always so well dressed, well-spoken and amazingly-“ She shrugged stopping herself rambling.

“Amazingly?” He smirked with a hint of questioning. She tried to ignore the question gathering up the plates. Tom was still watching her.

“Good looking,” The smirk on his face grew and turned into a real laugh. His laugh was gorgeous, it made her smile.

“You think I’m good looking?” He questioned innocently, getting up off the chair and walking around. He took the plates out of her hands and placed them in the bowl before pulling her away from it. Lilly smiled as his torso pressed against her back, his hands linking around her waist. She titled her head to one side as Tom rested his chin against her shoulder. “Lilly?” He whispered his warm breath against her neck.

“I do, I think you are ridiculously good looking, and I can’t believe I am in your arms right now,”

“Me either,” He whispered kissing her neck softly. She couldn’t disguise the moan that escaped when the delicate kisses got too much. She twisted in his grip, his hands staying on her waist as she turned to face him. Every hair was on end as he pressed kisses up her neck and finally reached her lips. The kiss was perfect, not too needy but not too weak. He took control and held her against him. He was breaking the rule. God he wanted to break the rule badly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update because Sarah mentioned Hiddlebum and quite frankly that is a very distracting thought! ;)
Lilly
Enjoy! xxx