Status: New Story!

Edge of Our Dreams

The Green Tea

“Green tea please and fruit toast,” Lilly replied to the lady at the cash register as she took the order.

“Plus almond croissant and black coffee no sugar,” Lilly screwed her nose up slightly at the thought of straight black coffee, too bitter and strong a taste for breakfast, though the almond croissant didn’t sound half bad. The small coffee shop wasn’t too busy, a few tables left as most customers took their coffees to go. “Eating in,” Tom added pointing to a small table by the window. “Go sit down I’ll grab these,” He spoke quietly to Lilly his hand pressing gently against her lower back. Such a small movement send shivers up her spine, forcing her to breathe in sharply to stay calm.

“That’ll be £6.40,” The cashier replied passing over two plates with the food on. “Coffees at the end,”

“I got this,” Tom passed her the plates and got out his wallet. “Go sit,” He nudged Lilly again who smiled softly at him enjoying the gentle look of affection on Tom’s face. She dodged past a few customers, sashaying around the tables to the window table; there was definitely a bounce in her step today. But she had good reason to be. Last night was not perfect, no couple’s first time is perfect, but it was passionate, it was fun and she’d forgotten to be self-conscious and coy.

She’d been herself and she’d enjoyed it.

She gazed up seeing him wonder towards her table with two coffees. He worn last night’s clothes, his scarf wrapped around his neck to keep the chill out as he put the coffees down he slipped his jacket off. He offered her a warm smile as she took her tea and took a long sip. The liquid burnt her mouth but she swallowed and focused on the pain instead of thinking of something to say to him.

She couldn’t put her finger on the feelings she had right at the moment. Happy, but nervous, was he judging her, replying last night, deciding what he thought of her.

Lilly craved approval, she knew this. She always had wanted to know what others thought of her. It was her only big downfall in her eyes.

Tom paused putting his coffee down and watching the beautiful woman in front of him. She was thinking, probably thinking too much. He barely knew her but he knew she over thought things, simple things she needed worry about. He smiled as she wiped a stray crumb from the side of her mouth and then looked up to catch him starring. The blush fell across her cheeks and she bit her lip stopping herself from nervously laughing.

“You ok?” She questioned quietly, barely heard over the chatter in the coffee shop. Tom nodded leaning over the table so he could hear her better without raising their voices.

“Of course,“ He wanted to reassure her but he wasn’t quite sure how to. Thankfully it seemed smiling at her and making small talk worked.

“Last night,” She started but he shook his head and placed his hand over hers.

“Was fun,” He noticed the look of fear darting across her face before she perfected her calm mask again. “You are beautiful, you are funny, and I enjoy every second around you, I kind of want to see where being with you goes,”

“Being with me?” He nodded with a chuckle.

“You don’t want to be with me?” He made speech marks with his one free hand and winked at her. Just that wink alone was enough to destroy any other thought.

“No! I mean yes! I do, I’ve enjoyed both our dates,”

“Both?” Tom raised his eyebrows. “We’ve only had two,”

“Well I guess the coffee shop but I didn’t quite know what to count that as,” She shrugged as Tom raised his eyebrows.

“We slept together on our second date, shit,” He muttered as if this was some kind of crime.

“It’s ok,” Lilly noticed the confusion still on his face as if he was trying to work out some really complicated maths problem. “We can do it all over again on our third date if that makes it better,” Tom’s mouth fell open a little as he took in what she had said before flinging his head back and letting out a dirty laugh. The smirk satisfied smirk on Lilly’s face made everything ok.

"Oh Lilly," The way he said her name made her want him, there was something so very sexual about his deep voice, and when he uttered his name each syllable resonated deep in her body. "I just felt like we'd had more, we'd known each other so much longer, this," He pointed between them. "It feels so much more intimate than someone I've had just two dates with,"

"Well we did have that movie night," She added with a soft smile. "That was pretty intimate in a way,"

"Ah yes how are your knees?" He mocked squeezing her hand softly as the smile grew on his lips.

"I am able to kneel on them," She replied rolling her eyes.

"How useful," She had no idea quite what he had meant by that but a whole host of images appeared in her mind that she could never unseen.

“And on that note,” She smiled at him standing up slowly and grabbing her bag. “I really do need to get going,” Tom stood up with her, catching her arm gently and guiding her so she faced him.

“I look forward to our third date,” He said simply pressing a soft kiss against her lips and stroking strands off her cheek. Watch her walk from the coffee shop and steal a quick glance back at him.
He was making the right decision he knew it.

“So come on you’ve been smirking all morning what is it?” Taylor muttered from her seat in the empty theatre next to Lilly.

“Nothing,” Lilly muttered checking the papers again as a young actress ran onto the stage and Taylor started to shout.

“NO! You look like your prancing in! This is a death scene!” The girl huffed dramatically and ran back off the stage to attempt again. “Nothing my ass, what has lover boy done this time?” Lilly laughed and gave an innocent shrug. “Oh wow he’s done something good!”

“Mhmm,” Lilly replied smugly as Taylor started saying stuff to the students again. Though her eyes never left Lilly’s face as the smirk grew and she giggled to herself.

“PAUSE, quick break!” Her reaction was instant as she caught the smug look of Lilly. “You fucked him!” The look as a few students passed their pair told Lilly they wanted to hear the story but wouldn’t dare question Taylor. “What happened? How many dates is this? Fuck Lil,”

“I like him Taylor,” Her friend gave a real smile that was rare. “He’s great, it’s like being in a bit of a fairy tale story at the moment,” She admitted sitting up in her chair and pulling her knees up to her chest. “He’s just so nice,”

“Nice?” Taylor screwed her face up in disgust that was not the best choice of vocabulary.

“Okay nice doesn’t even cover it,” Lilly laughed. “Like he is incredible,”

“In every sense?”

“In every sense!”

“Tell me more!”

“Well,” She laughed giving a little more away as the students disappeared off most of them to bitch about the stress they were under and the demands that were put upon them. Taylor couldn’t care less she was content listening to her friend whittles away about a man she seemed to really be falling for. “So he finally gave up his profession,” Lilly finished her voice a little more timid. Taylor raised her eyebrows.

“What?”

“Actor,”

“Shit,”

“Shit?”

“Well, all actors are-“

“No stop Tay, stop right there we aren’t going to judge,” Lilly wasn’t sure who she was trying to convince!

“Aren’t we?” Taylor mocked rolling her eyes. “Wait,” She paused trying to think back to the last time she’d seen Lilly’s man. “Famous or not?”

“Average, I think, well he’s been in some films that are-“

“Films?!”

“Shh,”

“Lilly!”

“Taylor,” Both girls laughed. “To be fair, I haven’t watched the films,”

“That means shit; your film taste is horrific!” Taylor muttered shaking her head. “Hit me, what were the films?”

“Umm Thor,”

“Thor?” Taylor scrunched up her nose and shrugged. “That’s a comic book, he doesn’t look very Thor like,”

“Nah he was the bad guy,”

“Huh,” Taylor just nodded. “What else?” Lilly bit her lip admitting the other film meant Taylor would know him, it meant Tom as an actor was real, it meant the fairy-tale romance she was having would not last. She knew nothing lasted forever but she had this feeling as soon as she admitted Tom was a somewhat successful actor their relationship was only destined to end. “Come on Lil what is it?”

“War Horse,” Taylor raised her eyebrows a little surprised she hadn’t recognised his name, but then she hadn’t really checked out the cast it was the fact it was a play she’d been in before a film that interested her most.

“Okay so that one I know but him I don’t, what’s with you?”

“No actor dates a nobody,” Lilly flinched at how harsh her words sounded. She always felt whenever you say something out loud it made it much more real. Reality was always harsh.

“Lilly!” Taylor snapped. “You are not a nobody fuck me!” She flung her hands up in the air for added affect. “I mean serious who does he-“

“Taylor,” Lilly hissed noticing group of people walking through the front entrance dressed in suits and ties. “Not right now,” Taylor raised her eyebrows watching the group enter.

“Oh shit it’s that big event, it’s for alumni and such, more sponsors! He’s been planning it for months,” Lilly just watched and half wondered if Tom would be there, he was after all a big shot alumni, she just wasn’t sure how big.

“Google him!”

“No!” Lilly shook her head that would only open up a horrific can of worms that she would never be able to close. Right now she was living in a fantasy world, where her and Tom were a normal couple, on normal dates and worried about normal things. She knew she couldn’t stay there forever, but she was going to hold onto it for as long as possible.

“On go on it could be interesting!” She slipped her phone out of back pocket of jeans only to have it grabbed by Lilly.

“Taylor no, not yet,” Taylor sighed and put her hand out to get the phone back. “I’m not ready for reality yet,”

“Ok can I at least get you to watch War Horse with me yet?”

“Maybe,” She smirked imaging Tom in a uniform. “It might be worth a watch now!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading!
And for those waiting for the update I apologise that it took so long! Life sometimes gets in the way!
I do hope you enjoyed this, more drama to come!

Lilly
Taylor
xxx