Status: New Story!

Edge of Our Dreams

The House

“Now darling,” Tom pushed the gates open at the front of the large set of town houses, joined together to make a block of flats. The high black gates and fence that went across the front with a number of car parking spaces before they reached the steps up to the large front door. Security seemed high, with key codes for the fences and the front door. “I am going to be a rubbish host to start but I promise to make up for it later,”

“Ah huh,” She was barely listening as he opened the door and let her walk in, he wondered off to a set of letter boxes on the left hand wall while Lilly spun round slowly taking in the modern building. Everything was very white and clean, almost hospital like; but a very posh hospital. The solid stone stairs gave the place an even colder vibe. She wasn’t sure if she liked it or not.

“I need to have a shower, and then I’m 100% yours for the evening,” He walked towards the stairs, stopping to realise she wasn’t following him. “You okay?”

“Just taking it all in,” She smiled sweetly catching up to him on the stairs as he led her to his apartment. He was on the third and final floor. They stopped in front of a large wooden door with the number in gold and a simple brown mat outside it.

“Well this is home,” He fiddled with his keys in the lock pushing the door open and allowing her to step in first. She heard him close the door and walk past her as she took in everything about the place. It was mostly open plan, stepping through a hall area into large kitchen come dinner come living space. To left was the kitchen, all metal, marble and white, a wooden dining table in front of her and then to the right a large corner sofa, TV area, and music system. Book selves stood behind the area, with a few prints all the wall. The place felt expensive but modern and simple, nothing garish or overly showy, yet she knew you had to have money to live here.

“It’s lovely,” She smiled her eyes settling on the corner sofa and imaging how comfortable it would be. Tom dropped the bags of food in the kitchen, his eyes flicking over the phone to see if the message light was flashing before finally landing on Lilly. She seemed to be taking everything in, looking at each section of the flat in detail; judging it?

“There are two bedrooms, bathroom and ensuite in the master bedroom, through there,” He gestured to the closed door which lead to another hallway.

“It feels roomy, and not as cold as outside,” Tom raised his eyebrows. “The entrance way felt cold and empty, I wondered if the flats were similar, but there not, I like it,” She finished on a positive, not wanting to offend him.

“Well I’m glad,” He smiled back, walking closer and taking her hands in his. “Now I really do need that shower, make yourself at home, TV, stereo remotes are over there, cold drinks, snacks, whatever, in the kitchen, I’ll be in the ensuite so the main bathroom is free, make yourself at home,”
He repeated the phrase again. He doubted she would, she was too polite, and it took her a while to be comfortable in a place; that much he had learnt in their short time together.

“Ok that’s cool you go,” Lilly smiled back at him. “I think I can make myself comfortable,” Tom pulled her closer again pressing a quick kiss against her lips before wondering off towards the bedroom.
Lilly watched him leave before spinning around on the spot and gaping at the apartment.

It was beautiful, clean and expensive.

She could not relax here. Not yet.

Her eyes scanned over the bookshelf and noted the volumes of Shakespeare plays, Russian literature and English Romantics. He was predictable. She noticed a photo frame in front of some of the books, Tom stood with four woman, one was much older and she could only guess that was his mother, the other two possibly sisters if this was a family photo. All blonde hair and big smiles. Lilly had known since she met him he was well bred; you couldn’t ignore that with his perfect English accent, the language he chose to use, the way he held himself around other, he was brought up in a certain environment. She presumed he was a private school boy, and probably ended up at a red brick university if not Cambridge or Oxford! None of that was to do with him being an actor though, and it also was not what intimidated her. Posh boys she could deal with. Actors…well she was out of her depth. Taylor always said she made a big fuss over nothing, and told her to deal with them as down to earth normal people. But when they were on that big screen looking ridiculously perfect she felt completely the opposite. In real life Tom seemed perfect, or at least nearly perfect.

She smiled putting the photo back down and wondered towards the kitchen deciding she needed a cup of tea. Tea solved everything.

The kettle was out, already with water in, she flicked it on and went in search of mugs and tea bags. She could not hear the water from the ensuite so had no idea how far into his shower he was; she didn’t bother making him a cup of tea instead left the empty mug out just encase. She waited for the steam to pour out of the kettle her eyes watching it but her mind focusing on other things.

Today that man had followed her she was sure of it, he was watching her every move in the coffee shop. She’d not looked back at him after Tom arrived but she could feel his gaze. Was that what it felt like for any actor out and about? Was that what being famous was like?

She sighed. She was unsure how to proceed with Tom, she liked him but she knew in reality she barely knew him. If she kept ignoring his fame she would only know half of his life and that was not a real relationship. As the kettle clicked off she poured the boiling water into the cup and watched the tea bag infuse the water turning it a dark brown. There was no obvious fridge and she could assume one of the sleek cupboards had a fridge hidden behind it; it took three attempts to find the milk.
When she made her tea she explored some more, being nosey as she started to slowly settle into her surroundings. The main bathroom was gorgeous with a huge bath, cold grey tiles and perfectly clean. Huge dark grey fluffy towels were piled up on the sideboard where the sink was dwarfed by a huge wall covering mirror. She instantly liked the room, cold yet she knew if she was having a huge bubble bath in there would make it feel warm and comforting. Further down the corridor was the main bedroom, the door propped open, she slid through the gap and into the bright room. Large windows looked out to the back of the building and allowed bright sun shine to flood the room. Tom’s bed was large but plain, a simple headboard, and big puffy grey sheets, with a mountain of pillows.

Her eyes darted round as she heard the door behind her open, she spun on her heel watching the steam poor out.

“Hi,” She bit her lip looking at Tom and then awkwardly around the room. “I just ended up here,”
Tom laughed seemingly unfazed by her appearance in his room. He walked towards her the towel brushing against his legs, slipping a little lower on his hips. Tom’s hand grazed down her bare arm, his eyes falling on the mug. “Oh and I made tea, sorry bit forward I know, but umm yeah I really wanted a cup to-“ She paused her eyes flickering up to meet his. “Calm my nerves,” He raised his eyebrows waiting for her to fill the silence with an explanation. “Because I think someone was following me, us, well…“ She paused noticing Tom’s expression change from one of slight bemusement and affection to guilt and a twinge of sadness.

“Oh Lil’,” He whispered pressing a very soft kiss against her forehead. One hand snaked around her cup of tea and placed it on the bedside table before taking a seat on the bed. Lilly had to bite her lip as his legs spread making the towel rise; but that wasn’t his intention. “Come here,” He sighed putting an arm around her hips and pulling her between his legs. “There was,”

“There was what?” She questioned her focus drawn away from the receding towel. “Oh the man following,”

“Yeah, he was a photographer,” Lilly just nodded her heart sinking a little bit at the reality of it. That was Tom’s life. Not hers. “It happens, particularly when I’m doing something interesting,”

“You weren’t! You were buying garlic and herbs!” Tom laughed deeply, his laugh was gorgeous. He leant back on the bed and the towel finally gave in. Lilly couldn’t help but laugh as his eyes diverted down going to save his modesty, or at least hers, but he had little hope.

“Sorry,” He chuckled. “But it wasn’t what I was buying, but who I was with,” He said simply standing up and dropping the towel to the floor. Lilly just watched in awe as he walked towards the bathroom holding the towel over his arm and giving her a beautiful view. “You see I had a stunningly beautiful woman accompanying me and that means I must be sleeping with her, got her knocked up, possibly marry her and it turns out she’s already married to this elderly Barron in Russia,” Lilly just starred at Tom. “And I’m all in it for the money,” He added with a smirk turning round and showing her everything.

“Well when you say it without any clothes on I’m all in too,” She laughed putting her tea down as he walked back towards her with a huge smirk on his face.

“You could be my sister for all they know and they’d still make up the horrific story to go with the rubbish photo they get,”

“I hope you don’t do this in front of your sister,” He just chuckled, pushing her back onto the bed and climbing on top of her.

“Now I was going to make you a wonderful dinner, wine and dine you before getting you into my bed, but you come in here,” He paused pressing a kiss against her forehead before his hands strayed underneath her top. “Looking utterly beautiful, with wide eyes and that look you have,” He kissed her again. “And you expect me to be able to keep my cool, yet,” One hand brushed over the lace of her bra and his eyes closed as she moaned quietly. “It is impossible because you are too much,” He whispered against her lips, with eyes closed she hadn’t realised how close he was until he pressed his lips against hers kissing her hand. Within seconds he was by her side holding her against him, and then pulling her on top. “But honestly, you are wearing,” His hands were pulling her top up. “Too many clothes!” His eyes roamed over her chest as his hands traced the curves of her waist, resting on her hips.

This would help her relax.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has been a long long time, that is what happens when someone steals your laptop and all your files with it...yay for the human race.

Thankfully after rewriting a dissertation and my stories I'm finally ready to update again! It's Hiddlebum time!
Thanks to anyone still reading this and those that have stuck with it! Love!
xxx