Status: New Story!

Edge of Our Dreams

The Take Away

“It’s not my turn,” Sarah stated bluntly as the doorbell rang and both girls looked up. “I got the takeaway, therefore-“

“Yes I know,” Lilly laughed pushing herself up from the sofa. “My turn! Now if it is an axe murder I’ll let you have my slice of garlic bread,”

“Fair, but I’m gonna have to eat it as soon as I hear the screaming otherwise he may come for me next,”

“Fair point,” Lilly replied walking out of the living room. “Now if it’s Frankie Iero, I let him in,”

“Yes but not the whole of MCR because I don’t think I want to share my garlic bread! They can bibbidi, bobbidi back the fuck off,”

“Okay that is clear,” Lilly laughed at the pairs on going joke about who would be at the door. There was an ever changing list of who it was okay and who it wasn’t okay to let in. No one found it funny but the girls…that was okay with them.

“Tom?” Lilly starred at him in shock.

“You’re not ready?” He questioned looking her up and down.

“Ready?” She continued to stare at him, he was meant to be out tonight. He had work. “What?”

“Our date?” He looked completely sincere and a little upset which intensified her guilt. “You forgot?”

“Shit what? Tom no we didn’t have a date,” She panicked, there was no way she’d forget that. “It’s Wednesday, you were busy with friends and then-“ She paused looking up to see the huge smirk on his face. “You bastard!” She hissed. “You’re lucky I don’t shut the door in your face!”

“Ah fair play,” He chuckled producing a bag from behind his back. “But I have presents and I wanted to drop them by asap,” He smiled. “So can I come in?”

“Oh I guess so,” Lilly muttered shaking her head at him. “You are far too good an actor,” Tom just chuckled leaning in to kiss her softly.

“You look very comfortable,”

“I am,” Lilly smiled shutting the door behind him and leading him towards the living room. “It’s take away night in Flat 106a!” Tom gasped when he saw the contents of the coffee table. Sat on the opposite sofa was Sarah a drink in hand, laptop on her lap, stretched out typing.

“Sarah, we have a gatecrasher,” Sarah looked up and eyed Tom suspiciously.

“Hello,” He smiled at Sarah who kept up her gaze. “Is it just you two?” He questioned looking at the coffee table again.

“Yeah,” Sarah replied looking towards Lilly with a smile.

“But the food,” He was skating around the idea of them being utter pigs with two big pizzas, garlic bread, salad, and chicken strips.

“It’s a long story, but there’s a good chance we won’t get through all of it,” Lilly smiled flopping down on the sofa and making room for Tom. “Though we’ve only just started, help yourself,” She added looking over to Sarah who nodded with a smile.

“There is a process to go through though,” Sarah remarked picking up a chicken strip. “These little things go cold first, and the pizzas tend to hold their heat until we start splitting them up,”

“You two have done this a lot?” He questioned sitting down on the sofa and slipping his jacket off, he undid the cuffs of his shirt and rolled them up. Lilly had to internally scold herself for just stairing at him, there was something so hot about a man with rolled up sleeves. Then again maybe that was just Tom.

“We are old hands at carb overdoses,” Lilly muttered curling her legs under her body and leaning back on the sofa. “You need to be a master to compete with us,”

“So what is the overdose in aid of?”

“Too much work!” Sarah groaned. “I’m on costume madness this week,”

“Costume?” Tom asked as he leant back on the sofa and Lilly passed him a piece of garlic bed.

“Yah, I work as a costume designer, junior,” Tom nodded.

“In theatre?” Sarah nodded in reply taking a bit of pizza. “Wow so stage manager, musical director and costumes sorted,” Tom joked as Lilly rolled her eyes.

“You can be our actor,” Lilly added taking her own pizza to enjoy. Tom just chuckled taking a bite of the garlic bread and relaxing. He hadn’t done this in a very long time, junk food wasn’t part of his regime at the moment, no was hanging out and enjoying being around friends. Well, Lilly was a friend, Sarah he barely knew, though she had shut the door in his face so they’d at least met.
He listened in as Sarah and Lilly, laughed and joked, as they indulged him in hilarious stories. Sarah involved him in the conversation and made him feel welcome offering him food and drink. She was different from Lilly, more, eccentric - was the best word he could think of to describe her. In a good way.

"Can I get anyone drinks?" Sarah questioned as an add break started on the TV.

"Another cocktail would be lush," Lilly replied turning to Tom. "I don't know what you drink," She admitted quietly as Sarah climbed out of her position on the sofa. "We have beer, whiskey, a whole bar really but also something none alcoholic, "

"Whiskey would be lvoely," He replied.
"On it!" Sarah smiled back leaving the love birds alone and wondering into the kitchen to grab glasses.

“Hey,” Sarah looked up as she poured the drinks.

“He’s so predictable! Drinking whiskey! I love it,” Lilly just smiled at Sarah who pushed over the glass of whiskey and then filled up the girls drinks.

“This is okay right?”

“Of course it is ducky, he staying the night?”

“Well I was going to ask-“

“Shit Lil’ you don’t have to ask!” Sarah laughed. “He can stay, I like him, he doesn’t seem like the axe murder type, nor does he look like he will steal my pop tarts, so we are ok,”

“You don’t mind?” Sarah just smiled and shook her head.

“As long as you two kids don’t keep me up and the next hot actor you meet you send him my way, we are fine,”

“Thanks,” Lilly smiled back pulling her housemate into the hug. “The next one I promise!”

“Good, now off you go! I’ll bring the drinks in,” Lilly left her alone going back to Tom with a smile on her face.

“All ok?”

“All good,” She smiled falling back onto the sofa and curling up against him. “Do you have any hot friends?”

“What?”

“Just wondering,” Tom looked down at her as she shot him a cheeky smile back.

“Did you ask him if he had hot friends?” Sarah asked walking in with the drinks. Tom looked from Lilly to Sarah with raised eyebrows.

“The next one I swear, I’ll vet them first and then send them your way,” Lilly winked as Tom slowly cottoned on.

“Ah we are setting her up,”

“We are,” Tom just smiled as Sarah started listening actors she would happily be set up with. He relaxed back in the sofa and watched the girls, he could get use to this. That was a scary thought. He’d never committed, really. There was woman, always had been, and one long term relationship but that was it. Work got in the way. He was determined to succeed, he loved his job, and that tended to get in the way of having a relationship. The woman ended up being second place; and he’d yet to meet someone who could cope with that. He wasn’t even sure Lilly could. Though he was enjoying his time so much with her, he didn’t want it to end; yet he wasn’t sure he wanted it to go any further in terms of commitment.

It was just after midnight when everyone finally crawled to their rooms. Sarah and Lilly had both dozed off on the sofa at different times, while Tom had made it all the way through the film.

Lilly watched as he sat down on the bed, slipping smart shoes off and brightly coloured socks. He pulled his phone, wallet and keys out of his pocket and spent a few minutes flicking through something on the phone. His eyes flicked up as he locked it and placed it on the bedside cabinet. His eyes held Lilly’s gaze as the smile grew on his face, focusing on her while he slowly undid the large Rolex watch on his wrist.

“Are you watching me?”

“Only a little,” Lilly whispered in reply slowly wondering towards her bed. “It’s a little weird having you in my room,”

“It is?” Tom raised his eyebrows as she reached him, his arms wrapped around her as he spread his legs to pull closer to him. “Do you want me to leave?”

“No!” He laughed at her quick response. “I mean no, no it’s not that,” She said a little calmer feeling her cheeks flush. “It’s just last time you were in my room you were just Tom from the tube, now you’re Tom Hiddleston, super famous actor,”

“I’m not super famous, I mean you had no idea who I was,” He pulled her down onto his lap and moved so he could lean against the pillows.

“I still don’t really,” She giggled then bit her lip looking up to him and frowning. He raised his eyebrows waiting for her next silly point.

“What?”

“I don’t really know you, I mean I barely anything about you!”

“You know my name, where I live, that I have two sisters, that I’m an actor,”

“True, but where did you go to school? What are your parents like? Any crazy ex’s? What’s your favourite film? Book? Band?”

“Woah, slow down darling,” He chuckled pressing a kiss against her cheek. “All in good time, now school well Eton, Cambridge, R-“

“You went to Eton and Cambridge? Are you serious? I mean of course you are but god,” Lilly shook her head in amazement; he really was a posh boy.

“Does any of that really matter though?” He questioned running his fingers through her hair as she leant against his chest. “You enjoy being with me?”

“Yes,”

“Then does it matter if I went to Cambridge or not, does it matter if I’m an actor or an accountant, or-“

“No accountants,” She shook her head and pouted, her long hair waving around in the movement. Tom laughed.

“As long as you are happy, and you like spending time with me I think we are good,” He kept his arms around her and did not let go, he hadn’t planned on falling for her the first time they’d met. He hadn’t planned on returning the scarf or asking her out for coffee. It all just happened, and he was happy. That was all he wanted to focus on right now. Happy.

“We are good,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! xxx