Status: New Story!

Edge of Our Dreams

The Bar

It wasn’t the fact she had to walk four flights of stairs in stiletto heels, or the fact she’d forgot to send an email to Pete in finance for an order of new music stands, nor was it that she couldn’t find her favourite lipstick anywhere that had amazed and annoyed Lilly to no end. Actually, it was the fact that after living in London for over half a year, working in a theatre and the with numerous actors, directors and staff she could have met, she had still only bumped in one really famous person. And that famous person just kept appearing wherever she went.

No one else had noticed him yet but there at the bar stood Tom Hiddleston. He as ever looked flawless; tall, broad shoulders with a shirt clinging to his body, and that award-winning smile. He was laughing at something the person next to him was saying, rubbing his fingers across the rough stubble on his chin as he shook his head with laughter.

Her breath caught at the back of her throat and she closed her eyes for a fraction of a second longer than necessary.

“Shit Lilly what are you doing,” Taylor fell into her as she stopped at the top of the stairs.

“Sorry!”

“You alright you look like-“ She paused her eyes registering the man at the bar. “Like you’d seen a ghost,” Taylor sighed and turned around to the exit. “We can go somewhere else,”

“No, no way Sarah likes this place they do great cocktails,” She looked over to Tom who had turned around to be served at the bar. “And I love their mojitos!” Taylor smiled calling over to Shell to get the first round as she dragged Lilly away from the bar to the back of the room.
The atmosphere of the bar was only just picking up, it was bubbly but not loud, and very few people were up on the floor just yet. Sarah was super keen though and after one drink she was already dragging Lilly onto the dance floor. Lilly had just enough time to grab Shell’s hand as Taylor shouted something about her round.

Taylor sighed watching the girls wonder off, she couldn’t spot Tom anywhere, which she was grateful for because Lilly might have a chance of good night without her ex hanging around. Taylor couldn’t quite believe that of all the people in this damn city her friend seemed to just keep running into him.

She never run into anyone famous….

She stood at the bar waiting for the bartender to wonder over. She lost her balance as a group pushed in next to her and she fell into the man next to her.

“Oh shit my bad sorry,” She stood up straight moving away from the man who just smiled at her and then raised her eyebrows at her shocked look. “Oh my god you’re Sherlock,” Taylor gasped starring at him. The man stood next to her was unmistakeable.

“Yes, yes I am,” He chuckled. “You’re far more switched on than your friend,”

“What?” Taylor raised her eyebrows. “What friend?” Instantly on the defensive.

“Lilly, I believe, she failed to recognise Tom Hiddleston,” Taylor sighed.

“You’re friends?”

“We are indeed, and I’m doing exactly what you ladies are doing for her, trying to cheer him up!”

“How? By chatting me up at the bar?” Taylor rolled her eyes. “You’re failing,”

“No I just came to get the whisky!” He turned behind him to check if Tom was still at the table. He was. A pair of girls had joined his table and were talking to him, Tom being the gentlemen was talking back but Ben could see the look in his eyes; he wasn’t interested.

“Ah,” Taylor followed his gaze and sighed at the sight. From a break-up to another set of girls.

“He is not like that,” She looked towards Benedict with a frown. “Your face says it all, you have the all men are jerks look!”

“No that is my resting bitch face,” Taylor muttered earning a laugh from Benedict.

“He really liked her, still does,”

“Yeah,” Taylor nodded looking towards Lilly who was currently doing shots with Sarah and Shell.

“Let’s see how much!” Taylor grabbed Benedict’s arm, making the whiskey’s slush over his arms, as she dragged him towards the table.

“Bloody hell woman!” He groaned as she dragged him towards the table he’d left.

“Hiddleston!” Tom’s eyes flicked up hearing the familiar American accent cut through the British chatter of the two girls.

“Taylor,” He smiled politely back as she sat down in front of him, Benedict next to her a huge smile on his face. God they were both up to no good.

“You aren’t working tonight,” She noted.

“No I am not,” He agreed taking his drink from Benedict and taking a sip, his eyes staying focused on Taylor. He had a good feeling one whiskey was not going to be enough to go even one round with Taylor. She was far to intelligent and completely blunt.

“I see,”

“Well this conversation is riveting,” One of the girls who had sat next to Tom said. “But I think Tom wanted to dance am I right?”

“Umm yes well ummm-“ He stuttered noticing the eye brow raise from Taylor. She’d seen this man play it cool, she’d watched him address a whole audience of people, but here with a hard ass bitch, his best mate and this whore he was nervous.

That meant there was hope, hope he would see a bit of sense. If sense was what he and Lilly needed!

“Let’s Tom, leave her here,” He kept his gaze with Taylor which told her everything she needed to know.

“Umm sorry darling,” Taylor spoke up her eyes fixed on the brunette girl. “But I think you’ll find Tom needs to stay here and have a quick chat with me,” Her friend looked nervously between her and Taylor. Clearly one of them knew they’d stepped into something.

“Umm excuse me,” The brunette put her hand up against her face so that Tom wouldn’t hear her. As if that actually worked. “This is Tom Hiddleston and I think sweetheart you are a little out of your league!”

“Shit Tom Hiddleston,” Taylor gasped, Benedict was trying to hold his laughter back while Tom was just sat there watching the scene unfold. “I heard he was gay, are you not gay?” She turned to Tom who shrugged and then shook his head; he was relaxing into this scene perfectly.

“Sorry ladies I really do need to speak to Taylor here, you see she is my P.A-“

“Manager,” Taylor spoke up rolling her eyes. Benedict coughed awkwardly trying to hide the laughter. “Honestly Tom, now run along girls before I find someone to drag your skinny asses out of this joint-“

“You can’t speak to…“ The louder girl stood up in front of Taylor who just sighed. No one ever squared up to her unless they hadn’t seen her stand up yet; and clearly these girls weren’t paying attention. At 5’10 she was taller than most but she was not gangly and awkward instead as she stood up slowly and towered over the two women, all one could think was do not mess with her.

“Bye Tom,” The blonde chanced her luck as her friend dragged her away from Taylor.

“Seriously!” Taylor turned to snap at Tom who held his hands up in defence. “Are you seriously for fucking real? You have Lilly and then you go for that! Are you-“

“I went for nothing,” Tom spoke calmly. “And as for Lilly, I had Lilly and she walked away,”

“Then fucking fight to get her back!”

“It is not that easy,”

“Yes it fucking is!”

“She doesn’t want this life style!” Tom replied quickly, too quickly, she had to pause and think was that really what Lilly wanted?

“You don’t know that,” Tom stayed calm and looked between Benedict and Taylor.

“She knows that, she told me that, and I’m not going to force her into anything else,” He paused
thoughtfully running his finger tips over his chin. “And I think you know that really, she’s your best friend, you know her probably better than I do,”

“You-“ Taylor was interrupted by Benedict talking over her.

“You are making a mistake,” Taylor raised her eyebrows in surprise listening as Benedict continued.
“Look over there, look at that girl, she is right now, so what if in two years’ time you don’t marry this one? Enjoy the right now!” Tom looked towards Lilly who had been dragged to the dance floor but was now looking relatively carefree as she moved to the music.

“No,” He shook his head. “I said I would not force her, and I will not force her. End of!” He stood up slowly and glanced at Lilly one more time before walking away from the table to get a drink.

“Is he always like this?” Taylor questioned Benedict who nodded slowly.

“He’s one of the good guys though,” Taylor raised her eyebrows. “He doesn’t lead them on, he makes it clear from the beginning and the moment there is doubt in her eyes he runs. Tom works hard and likes to have fun, his only really big commitment is to his work these days,”

“But he’s been committed before right?” Taylor questioned not caring that she was currently prying into his full life story. Taylor was not going to fight for Tom and Lilly if it was not the right thing to do; she was starting to doubt it was the right thing to do.

“Oh goodness yes,” Taylor smirked she loved how British he was. “Bloody hell he ran off to France for a girl once,”

“Well I don’t see him running after Lilly,”

“Well our Tom is a little bit older and wiser now and he seems to think when a girl backs off he should to because that is it end of story, as I said the only real commitment is work and he’d fight for that but with girls he’-“

“Lost the fight?”

“Maybe,” Benedict nodded. Taylor sat there for a few more minutes there was no way in hell her best friend was going with some guy who wouldn’t fight for her. When it came to love and relationships, she may not show it, but Taylor believed in passion. She wanted to see people hopelessly in love, happy, passionate, unable to keep their hands, eyes, or even thoughts off each over. She wanted someone to fight for their love, to believe and commit; and if they were not willing to then they probably were not the right person.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm an expert at taking my time! Sorry! xx

Taylor
Sarah
Lilly