Status: New Story!

Edge of Our Dreams

The early morning

“Lilly,” He whispered into her ear, resisting pressing a kiss against her soft skin. She looked so peaceful and relaxed, she had done for the last 15 minutes. He knew he was an utter creep but he couldn’t help it, he’d woken up early and just watched the beautiful woman next to him sleep. “Lilly darling,”

“Mmm?” She grunted in response turning her head slightly, she was still half asleep. Tom couldn’t help but smile as her eyes fluttered open, and she squinted at him for a few seconds.

“Morning, Lilly,” He said simply his hand running down her side leisurely. “I have to go but I didn’t want to leave without saying goodbye,”

“Goodbye?” She questioned slowly turning round to face him, she was very slowly waking up. “Tom?”

“Yeah,”

“You are going?”

“Sorry sweetheart, early gym session, can’t miss it,” He explained getting off the bed and running a hand through his hair. He shrugged his shirt back on, he’d taken it off when Lilly had fallen asleep, she was still to sleepy to notice now. “Sorry,” He knelt down on her side of the bed, as he buttoned his shirt up, so he could talk to her. “I’d love to stay and take you out for breakfast,” She smiled sweetly, that just made him chuckle. “But maybe another time?” She nodded against the pillow, before slowly pushing herself out of bed. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” She ran her fingers through her hair. “Thank you for staying last night, “

“Anytime sweetheart,” He stood up, as Lilly pushed her legs over the side of the bed and attempted standing up. “Stay in bed,” He smiled placing a hand on hers. “It’s early,”

“How early?”

“7am,”

“Ugh god! On a Sunday,” Tom just laughed, his hand tightening around hers. “Go back to sleep, you deserve it, we’ll catch up later,” Lilly just nodded, enjoying his closeness. “You sure you’re ok?” She nodded again.

“Thanks, for everything,” She added hoping he knew what she meant.

“Anytime,” He smiled blowing her kiss before leaving the room. As soon as she heard the door shut she collapsed back into her bed with the world’s biggest smile. Last night had been a rollercoster of emotions but she was so glad she’d woken up to him. Those cheek bones, that smile, and not forgetting how incredible he had been last night.

As a friend that was.

After sorting out her scuffed knees, and stretching out on her bed it had been like having a very close friend. There had been no inappropriate touching or kissing of any kind. There had been friendly flirting and an arm over her shoulder but that was as far as it went. Yet here she was with a huge smile on her face, giggling like a school girl and acting like one with a crush.

Well no shit she had a crush. A rather huge crush.

There was no point lying in that bed now, she was too alert to fall back to sleep. This was her time to get up and forget about the delicious image of that man. She had other things to focus on. A list that included scuffed knees, ditched friends and an angry co-worker. She knew after last night Owen would never rush up to her office next timer her computer went poofy.

“Get over it,” She whispered to herself swinging her legs over the bed and slowly pulling herself up. She made herself a mental list of things she had to do, her first stop was the shower though a little disappointed to wash off the scent of him, Lilly knew she looked a state and could do with a fresh start for the morning ahead.

By 11am she was done with her list, shower, tidy room, washing, breakfast, text friends, and check on roommate. Sarah had joined her for breakfast, the girls hashing out a plan for the rest of the day over eggs and bacon. The girls had promised to meet up with Taylor, her housemate Shell, for shopping and a late lunch. Sarah had left Lilly to do the washing up while she got ready.

She needed some girl time, it would help get her head straight after Tom had sent it spinning. They had chatted during the movie, random comments and at some points intense conversations.
She’d not thought about anything but instead been in the moment. He made her laugh; constantly or at least that was how it felt. Maybe he was trying hard to cheer her up, but it just seemed so natural she doubted it. He was a delight to be around. And she so wanted to be around him more.

“Ducky! I’m ready!” She tore her thoughts away from him and dried her hands. Sarah was a welcome distraction. “Let’s hit the stores!” She clapped excitedly.

Lilly just nodded with a smile, dropping her phone into her bag and following her housemate out of the flat. The girls made their way to the tube station and onto Oxford street to meet Taylor and Shell.

“Right I want food and I demand we have it now,” Taylor groaned pushing her sunglasses up her forehead and flicking her long dark locks over her shoulders. The sun had finally graced the streets of London and was not letting up. Though the heat was making shopping on one of the busiest streets in the country somewhat stressful, the girls had managed all afternoon and were all laden with bags from a range of shops.

Lilly had ended up buying a crop top, something she felt she would totally regret but something inside her made her just go for it. She felt confident today, and although she hated to admit that a man had brought this feeling on, she felt that might be true.

“Oh thank fuck this shopping shit is killing me,” Shell replied stopping in the middle of the pavement and instantly getting a load of tourists moaning at her. Shell just glared at them before moving towards the side with Lilly and Sarah.

“What are we having then?” Lilly questioned trying to spot the nearest restaurant.

“So who was he then?”

“Huh?”

“How long have you been dying to ask that?” Sarah smirked at Taylor who just laughed before turning a steely gaze towards Lilly. Lilly just turned the opposite way trying to focus on finding a restaurant. Although she knew it was a futile attempt the girls would want to know.

“Come on, where did you disappear off to?”

“Home,” Sarah answered for Lilly. “And then left very early this morning,”

“I didn’t leave,” Lilly replied earning a ‘Ah huh!’ from the girls who had satisfied smiles on their faces.

“Okay fine, he stayed over that was it,”

“He who?”

“Tom,”

“Oh my god!” Taylor gasped. “Hot Tom?”

“Hot Tom,” Lilly replied with a smile that no body missed.

“Who is this Tom?” Shell asked. “Also there is a pizza express over there and I have a voucher!”

“Good decision, can we hold this discussion on men until we get food,” Lilly questioned as the four of them walked towards the restaurant.

“No but we can hold it off until we have wine at least,” Taylor replied coolly walking into the restaurant. Lilly rolled her eyes following her in, it was going to be a long lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry takes me a while to update at the moment! So unorganised!
Hope everyone enjoys!
x
Shell
Lilly
Taylor
Sarah