Status: In Progress

You Could Be My Punk Rock Princess

Savin' Me

Kat's POV

"Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be
And say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me"

My face-time ringtone went off and I clicked on to see my parents faces come up on the screen. My mum was in a beach house, the sun shining bright behind her. My dad was in a log cabin with a coal fire burning behind him, and both were smiling. Rage began to burn up in me.
"Hi honey. We got here safe and sound," my mom cheered.
"Great for you," I sighed softly. Zack wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. I was sitting on the couch next to him.
"Is everything okay honey?" my dad asked.
"Kyie isn't being a cry baby again is he?" my mum said, almost too patronizing.
"Don't fucking talk about him like that," I snapped.
"Do not talk to me like that," my mother said sternly.

"No. I am done with putting up with your shit. You come home for not even a day, tell your SEVEN year old son you'll pick him up and he'll get to see you, for you to then turn around and leave again. You let him down and break his heart EVERY SINGLE TIME you come home! Every SINGLE fucking time! And I'm the one to pick up the pieces and glue him back together. I'm the one who puts him first and hugs him tight and keeps away the nightmares. I give up my life, juggle school, friends and him and why? So that when you guys go away and he doesn't have you guys, he isn't alone. And he has me! I've been there for him more that you could ever be. And I'm never gonna give up on him. Unlike you. You couldn't care less. You really couldn't. I'd NEVER treat my fucking kid like that. Never! Because it would be my fucking Kid! You need to stop and think. Because every single time you lie to him, and break his heart, he begins to resent you. If you think for even one second that he thinks you love him, think again. Because he told me to stop making excuses for you. He told me he couldn't believe that you love us. Because you wouldn't do this if you did. You've got to think about your actions or he's gonna end up really fucked up, Like me!"

I ended the face-time with my parents both looking really shocked. I was shaking. The room was silent. I heard creaking by the door way and looked up to find Kyle standing in the door way with sad eyes, just staring at me. Alex was the first to move, taking Kyle out of the room. I got up off of Zack and out into the hall. Kyle was in safe hands with Alex, he wasn't a concern. I pulled on shoes and grabbed Baby's keys before pulling open the front door, hearing Zack call my name out. I ignored it and headed straight for the car, shutting the door after me. It opened again just as I shut Baby's door and turned on her engine.

I must have been driving around for a good three hours before I even thought about going back home. Then it hit me what I was driving away from. My mom and dad didn't love us. And my younger brother saw that before I did. Tears began to fill my eyes and I pulled over as tears began to roll down my face. I couldn't even believe I hadn't seen it before from the way they acted. It was about an hour I sat there, crying in Baby. Thankful for my installed rubbish bag and tissues, I cleaned myself up, kept baby tidy and calmed down. It was a further hour before I actually wound up back home and two minutes before I walked back into my house.

The moment I walked through the door, Zack powered over and pulled me into his arms, holding me tight, not speaking. I heard more footsteps coming from the living room and I turned to see Kyle. His face was red and blotchy and his eyes were puffy and bloodshot. I pushed Zack away and walked over, picking him up and hugging him tight. I whispered apologies into his hair and held him tight. After ten minutes, I put him back down and told him to go to bed, making sure that the last thing I told him was I loved him. Then Alex came striding out of the living room and pulled me into a hug. Again, he didn't say anything. He just held me tight in attempts to make me feel safe.

When he finally let me go, Zack came over and crushed me against him and kissed the top of my head. Tears began to re-fill my eyes as he held me tightly and I felt loved. Which made me think of my parents. I blinked back my tears and pushed back from Zack, announcing I was tired and told everyone they'd be in their normal rooms for the night. Zack nodded and followed me upstairs after collecting his bag, and went to put it into his normal room, but fuck it. I know my parents said no boys in my room until I was 21, but fuck them. I grabbed Zack's hand, spun him around and pressed my lips against his.

He wrapped an arm tightly around my waist and kissed back. I grabbed his bag from his hand and threw it into my room, making sure the door was open first. I wrapped both arms around his neck and pulled his head down to get a better kissing angle, and the picked me up, holding me up from my butt. Holding me tight and shoving his tongue in my mouth, he walked us through to my room. We lay down on my bed, not once breaking the kiss and just remained in complete bliss and happiness. We finally pulled away for air about a minute after and he rested his head on my chest, sighing contently.

"God I love you," Zack muttered out.
"I love you too," I sighed happily.
"Sleepy time?" he asked me, looking up at me.
"Mmhmm," I replied, holding him and letting my eyes shut. It wasn't long after that that I drifted off.

************************

I woke up the next morning, still in the same position as the night before. I smiled down at Zack and looked at my phone to see the time was nine o'clock. I sighed happily and cuddled into Zack, kissing the top of his head. He moaned a little waking up and looked up at me, smiling.

"Hey beautiful," he said, smiling softly.
"Hey handsome," I replied, voice still sleepy.
"Good sleep?" he asked me.
"Mmhmm," I nodded, smiling.

And, in that moment, everything was perfect. And then it wasn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, new chapter. It's pretty cool to already have two subscribers xD Could you guys maybe do some commenting please? Just to let me know what your thoughts are? Thankies :')

Title Credit: Savin' Me by Nickelback