Status: In Progress

You Could Be My Punk Rock Princess

Love Me Like You Do

Zack's POV

"You're the light, you're the night
You're the color of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much"

Kat walked around the house, singing along to the radio after coming out of her shower. She had managed to calm down Kyle from his nightmare within half an hour and he was sitting with us, watching TV and laughing away. It was good to see him smile again. Kat was smiling again too. Everything seemed pretty perfect. She was clattering in the kitchen, singing her heart out so I decided to give her a hand with what she was doing. I got up and walked through to the kitchen to see her in shorts, a pair of converse low tops, and a shirt tied just below her bra so that her mid rift was showing. Her hair was up in a bun and she was dancing by herself, singing and putting on washing.

I walked over behind her and grabbed her waist, spinning her around and dancing with her to the music. Although surprised at first, she smiled at me and let me spin her around. She was giggling until I pulled her towards me and caught her in a kiss. Both of my hands met with the bare skin at the bottom of her back and her arms wrapped around my neck as we lost ourselves in each other. When we finally pulled away, the song was just ending, and she couldn't stop grinning. Nothing in the world mattered to either of us. We were just consumed in each other. These moments never lasted though. Kyle came running through not long after that, grinning cheekily as a shrieking Alex ran after him. Alex's hat was covering over his hair completely.

"What did you do, Kyle?"
"N-nothing," he said, sniggering slightly.
"Kat! Control your brother! Look at my hair!"

Alex pulled off his beanie to reveal that his blonde hair had been sabotaged with blue dye. He looked good with blue, if it wasn't blotchy. Kat and I both struggled to hold back our laughs as his face became more enraged by the minute. Kat tried (through laughter) to tell Kyle off, but she couldn't be mad at such a funny result. She did promise Alex that she'd fix it for him though, and not even an hour later, she was dying his hair properly blue. Permenant blue. Alex couldn't be mad at the result though. He grew to like it. Although, we had no idea where the blue hair dye had come from. Kat had used all of her blue hairdye when she went through her scene phase. Alex blames Kyle, though. Kyle still insisted Alex had grabbed the hairdye instead of shampoo though. And how it got there, not even he knew. No one was quite sure what to believe.

Kat laughed away to herself for the rest of the morning at Alex's hair incident. The mail came and she opened the letters, it was a normal morning. By eleven, everything seemed to be running smoothly. Then Kyle kicked off again while watching TV. He was screaming about how it was unfair that other kids had moms and dads who were there for them no matter what and they were complaining about having a hard life and how Kyle thought that his mom and dad put them in a horrible place because a seventeen year old mom is a useless mom. Even if they weren't actually their mom. And then when Kat tried to argue back, Kyle kicked off more, screaming about how much he hated Kat and how he was gonna run away. Then he ran up to his room and Kat shook her head softly. Kat was so tired of fighting him for some sort of no-yelling agreement. She knew he was young, but the way she saw it, he could be worse off. A lot worse off.

Kyle stayed in his room until one and when he finally came out, he gave Kat a big cuddle and apologised to her, crying. He explained himself to her which she insisted he didn't need to do, but he did anyway. She told him that she knew he loved her really, he just sometimes doesn't know who else to express how he's feeling to. And she got that. Because there were times where she'd get angry at me. And it wasn't because of something I'd done, she was just angry at the hand of cards she'd been given and she felt it was unfair and felt I was the only person she could talk to about it. And in those cases, I dealt with her the exact way she was dealing with Kyle. With empathy and understanding. She had to be.

She managed to get him to calm down by about half one, which was a pretty big achievement considering, and she made him lunch before switching the radio back on and getting her tunes back to clean the kitchen. She loved getting housework and stuff done while she had time and all in one day so that as long as she did little things like dishes and washing machine, she'd be able to relax and spend some time with her friends. And me. We'd decided to plan a date night for some time soon, preferbly a night that Kyle was a a friends and the guys were away home for a night so we could actually have some "us" time together. And I don't mean sex, I mean to sit and talk and bake and do things together that we don't usually get to do due to her being basically a part time mother. I was helping her in the kitchen, as it was the only time I'd get her to myself completely until everyone was away out.

Half way through us doing the work in the kitchen, her house phone and mobile started ringing at the same time as her door went and she looked startled. She ordered me to get the house phone and shouted to Alex to get the door as she picked up her mobile. I picked up the house phone but hung it up just as quickly when I heard an automatic voice trying to sell something. I walked through to find a man in a suit at the door looking for Kat. I explained she was on her phone and asked if he wanted to come in to wait for her. He nodded, accepting the offer and stepped into Kat's house. Kat came running through the door, slightly disgruntled and found the man standing in the doorway.

She directed him through to the kitchen and asked me to look after Kyle. I knew it was something she didn't need Kyle to hear then and there. So I took Kyle through to the living room and stuck the TV back on. Then he admitted he'd lied to Kat when he said he had no homework, so I let him watch TV while I got his bag. He sat doing his homework, the TV just loud enough so we couldn't hear Kat. Only the creaking of floorboards every now and then. About half an hour later, Kyle finished his homework and I saw Kat leading the man to the door, thanking him for his patience at the beginning and telling him to contact her for any further details he'd need. Something was wrong, but Kat wasn't letting it out. She walked back through to the living room and asked us all to leave, except Kyle. She kept him in the living room and sat down beside him, sitting a mug of hot chocolate on the table for him.

I heard a low murmur of voices coming from the living room, Kat's tone worried and Kyle tone angry. Then there was shouting from Kyle as Kat tried to reason. Then I heard a loud crack and shattering noise and Kat whimpered. Kyle ran out the room and up to his bedroom, tears streaming down his face and I ran through to find Kat on the floor, a cut on her temple and surrounded in broken china. She was in tears too. I quickly got to her and picked her up, sitting her on my knee as she let the tears fall more freely. I picked the china (what little there was) out of the cut and cleaned it out after Alex had brought me the first aid kit. I put a plaster over it to help keep it clean and bundled her up, not wanting to push what made Kyle act out like that. She'd tell me in her own time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt some Drama was in need. I know, I'm cruel. And to be honest, I'm not even sure where I'm going with this. Like I have a few different ideas in mind but I'll write them all out separately and go with my favourite one, I recon. So comment and stuff, I'm in desperate need of your opinions. If you like this, check out my other ones (Particularly Love Shows When It's There, which is a Jack/Alex fic) and hopefully I won't be forever updating the next chapter xD

Title Credit: Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding