Status: In Progress

You Could Be My Punk Rock Princess

Sleepwalking

Kat's POV

"Your eyes are swallowing me
Mirrors start to whisper
Shadows start to sing
My skin's smothering me
Help me find a way to breathe"

I switched off the TV and sat Kyle down on the couch with me, taking his hands in mine.

"That was mom and dad's lawyer," I told Kyle quietly.
"Is everything okay?" he asked nervously.
"Mom... mom cheated on dad," I told him slowly.
"Wait... what does that mean?" he asked, confused.
"Cheating is when you're together with someone, like mom and dad are, but one of them gets together with someone else behind their back," I explained.
"And mom did that?" he asked, his eyes wide.
"Yeah, but dad didn't like that mom had cheated on him. Mom and dad are breaking up," I told him, his hands in mine.

"No! They can't just break up! I don't want them to break up," he said, his voice rising.
"I know, I don't want them to either honey, but mom agreed and they're coming back in a week to sign the papers," I explained softly.
"No!" he yelled, standing up. "They are not breaking up!"
"I know it's hard, but you-"
"I what? Still have you? You're not my mom! You're just a stupid teenager!"

He was shaking by this point and tears were stinging my eyes. He picked up a china jug from the table and threw it at me in rage. It hit my face and shattered and I felt blood dripping down my face, as he stormed out of the room. I sunk to the ground as I began to cry, not sure how I can fix this one and Zack came running in and over to me. He picked me up and sat down, sitting me on his knee. He cleaned my cut out and put a plaster over the top before cuddling me tightly. I knew everyone was in the room, but I wanted to tell Zack what happened. But just not in front of everyone. I got up off of his knee and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the living room and into my room.

"Is everything okay baby?" he asked.
"My mom and dad are getting divorced," I told him softly.
"Aww honey, are you okay?" he asked me, wrapping his arms around me.
"Not really, but I will be. I hate seeing Kyle flip out like that. He's never been that bad," I told him, sniffing slightly.
"When are they signing the papers?" he asked.
"Next week. They're coming back for one day to sign the papers. Mom's moving to Australia. I don't even know how to begin to explain that to Kyle," I told him, my eyes beginning to water again.
"Baby, don't worry about that right now. You need to worry about yourself right now," I told her.

"But then she'd just be being selfish!" Kyle growled from the door.
"Kyle, you know I-"
"Care? If you cared, you would have told me mom's moving," he sneered.
"You didn't exactly give me the chance," she said.
"Maybe because you don't deserve the chance to speak," he said.
"Kyle, c'mon man," Zack said softly.
"No. I don't even know why you're wasting your time on her. She's nothing special," Kyle grumbled.
"I have done EVERYTHING for you," I snapped.
"What's that supposed to mean?" he growled.

"I looked after you when no one else would, stood by your side through everything, missed school for you. I have done everything for you to be as happy as possible. I replaced anything you broke, gave you everything you need. I am more of a mother than she ever was. So how dare you stand there and say I'm nothing, and say I don't take care of you when if it wasn't for me, we would have fallen apart by now. I know you're angry. Believe me, I've been there. At seven years old, do you think anyone looked after me? No. I looked after me. So believe me, I know you're angry. But don't you ever tell me I've done noting for you when I have tried harder than anyone to keep you happy," I cried, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Kat..." he faultered. "I-"
"Please, just leave. I'll talk to you later," I told him, looking down.
"I- just... okay," he said, and I heard his footsteps walking away and his bedroom door shut.

"What did I do wrong?" I asked Zack quietly.
"What do you mean baby?" he asked me.
"What did I do that was so wrong he couldn't forgive me? Where have I gone wrong? Why am I not enough for him?" I sobbed.
"You're an amazing sister baby. He's just angry at your mom and dad, and he doesn't know who else to take it out on. You're perfect," he tried to soothe me, holding me tight.
"Can you get Alex?" I asked him.
"Of course baby," he replied, kissing my cheek.
"And can you tell everyone else what happened?" I asked him.
"Of course. I'm assuming you want to tell Alex?" he questioned.
"Yeah," I nodded. Zack went to leave the room to go get Alex, but I stood up, grabbed his hand and pulled him back, pressing my lips to his before pulling away again. "I love you."
"I love you too honey," he said, smoothing my hair and kissing my forehead before going downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you guys are thinking? I'd love some feedback so I know where you guys would like this to go or who you'd like to get together with who kind of thing? If you're liking it, recommend, subscribe, and comment to let me know :')

Title Credit: Sleepwalking by Bring Me The Horizon