Status: In Progress

You Could Be My Punk Rock Princess

Never Too Late

Zack's POV

"Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late"

I walked into the room and the TV was turned down again. They had turned it up while Kat and I were upstairs so that they could resist eavesdropping.
"Alex, upstairs. Kat needs you," I told him. Obedient as ever, he went to Kat immediately. I sat down in his place.
"Is she okay? What happened?" Jack asked me softly.
"Kat's mom cheated on her dad. They're... they're splitting up. They're signing the papers next week and then her mom's moving to Australia permanently," I told them in one big breath.
"Shit is she okay?" Rian asked me.
"...No... not really. Kyle... she... she snapped at him," I told them.
"She... she never snaps at Kyle, no matter how she's feeling," Matt breathed.
"I know. I'm worried. She's... not herself," I told them.

"Zack! Get up here now!" Alex's voice screamed from the top of the stairs.

I, and apparently everyone else, ran up and found Alex pulling at the door handle of her en suite bathroom. I heard crying and Kat's repeated "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" from inside. I (suddenly filled with adrenaline) pulled Alex out of the way and kicked the door in. I ran over to Kat who was surrounded in red. She was shaking and crying and her wrists were running crimson.

"I'm so sorry," she sobbed.
"Alex. Two towels. Jack. Fill the bath. Rian. First Aid kit. Matt, Vinny. Take Kyle out of the house," I instructed. Kyle came running through her bedroom door, tears running down his face. Matt caught him before he could come anywhere near her.
"Kat! You can't leave me too!" Kyle struggled against Matt. "No! I want to see her! She needs me!"
"I'm gonna be okay baby," Kat called through.
"Kat!" Kyle screamed. Matt picked him up and carried him out of the room and down the stairs with Vinny in tow. I heard Kyle screaming for Kat and the front door open and close. Alex came back with towels, Rian came back with a first aid kit and Jack had filled the bath with warm water.
"I've got her. You guys go downstairs," I told them all.
"I need to-" Alex started.
"Go!" I ordered.

Alex didn't argue anymore and walked out of the room. I pulled Kat into the bath and sat her between my legs, putting her arms in the water, not caring about my clothes becoming uncomfortably wet. I cleaned her arms up using the warm water and antiseptic, turning, giving her the belt from my jeans to bite against when it stung. She didn't need to go to the hospital and the cuts didn't need stitches. I wrapped them up in bandages and (keeping her arms out of the water and dry), turned her around and pulled her against my chest.

"I don't wanna lose you," I admitted to her.
"I was so stupid and selfish," she mumbled, still crying.
"Don't even think that for a moment baby. It wasn't selfish or stupid. You're dealing with so much right now. Just promise me I'm not going to lose you. Because I can't imagine life without you," I told her, kissing the top of her head.
"You're not gonna lose me, I promise," she said through tears.
"C'mon. Let's get out of this tub and dry off and change clothes," I said to her calmly, helping her up and standing up myself before getting us both out of the bath and onto the floor.

We went through to her room and I helped her change before getting changed myself. She pulled on an over-sized hoodie, more so one of my hoodies, to keep her arms hidden from Kyle when he came back. I picked her up and carried her downstairs before putting her on the couch beside Alex before going through to the kitchen. I heard footsteps following me as I teared up at the thought of how I found her. I text Matt and Vinny, hands shaking slightly, to tell them they could bring Kyle back now. I had shut Kat's bedroom door over so the pool of blood in her en suite wasn't an issue for now. I put on the kettle and sat down while it boiled. I looked up with slightly blurry eyes and saw Rian sitting, looking at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me. I scoffed.
"No, I'm not. But I have to be for her," I told him.
"She's not here right now. She's with Alex. So talk to me, what's going on?" he pleaded.
"I found her in a pool of her own blood dude. She's barely been eating. She spends so much time being a mom to a kid that isn't her biological kid. She's this angel who'd never hurt a soul, but she can hurt herself. She means everything to me. I don't know what I can say anymore. I don't know how to be there for her anymore. She won't let me in," I told him, tears beginning to fall down my face.

"Zee," a voice wavered from the door. Kat stood propped up half against the door, half against Alex. Tears were trailing down her cheeks and she shook.
"Kat, I-" She pushed away from Alex and the door and started to stumble her way over to me but I met her in the middle and stopped her from falling.
"I'm sorry," she cried, pulling me close to her and resting my head on her shoulder.
"Don't apolo-"
"No. I know you say don't apologise but I am sorry baby. I never meant to make you feel like that. I love you so much and I never meant to push you away and I truly mean that. Honestly. You're perfect. You do know what to say. Anything you say makes me feel like the luckiest girl ever because you, this amazing guy, are taking time out of your life for me. To spend with me. And I love you with my whole heart and I'm sorry you're hurting baby. Believe me, I'm so sorry," she told me, sniffing.

I pulled Kat closer to me as Rian and Alex left the kitchen, giving us the space we needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Over the last couple of days, finally had the inspiration to write this. Please someone give me some sort of feedback? I need to know opinions. Thank you for reading though <3

Title Credit: Never Too Late by Three Days Grace