Arranged.

One.

This was a stipulation, one that had been agreed upon. Every holiday would be spent together.

It was Christmas and there was snow on the ground as well as falling from the sky.

As I pulled up at the house, I saw all of the cars. Gemma's, Harry's, Anne and Robin's, Des', my parent's. I parked and got out of the car. I straightened my dress and jacket before I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell.

Gemma opened the door with a smile.

"Sam," she said happily, "Come in. We're waiting on you. Your parents are already a bit tipsy."

"Oh lovely," I said as I stepped inside.

We walked into the living room where everyone was.

"Sam," Des said before hugging me and kissing my cheek, "It's lovely to see you again. Would you like me to take your jacket?"

"Oh yes," I said and Gemma set my clutch down as I unbuttoned my jacket.

I took it off and handed it to Des.

"You look gorgeous sweetie," Anne said.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Isn't it a bit revealing?" My dad asked me.

I plastered on a fake smile and sighed, "Well father, your wife picked it out for me."

"Tamara," Dad said as he directed his attention to her.

"I need a drink," I said to Gemma as she laughed and walked to the kitchen with me.

"Always such a lovely time, our families together," Gemma chuckled as she poured me a drink.

"Yeah, well it'll be a whole lot more pleasant when my dad gets over this whole arrangement of his and realizes it isn't going to happen."

"I have a feeling that's going to be a topic tonight," Harry said as he walked in, "Hello Samantha."

"Hello Harry," I said as he kissed my cheek, "Why do you think it's going to be a topic?"

"Because they said I under no circumstances could bring someone to this dinner."

"Oh lord," I sighed, "The planet is going to explode soon, I can feel it rumbling beneath my feet as we speak."

"Here," Gemma said, handing me my drink and then passing me a shot of vodka.

"Oh you're too nice to me," I said before tossing the shot back and taking a sip of my drink afterwards, "Alright, Christmas dinner round 9, let's do this."

The 3 of us walked back into the living room and my parents had stopped bickering. My mom had poured more vodka into her glass and my dad has more scotch.

"So, kids, why don't we have a seat?" Dad asked.

"Can I be here for 5 minutes before this turns into World War 3?" I asked.

"Sit, Samantha," he barked.

I sighed and sat between Harry and Gemma.

"So," Dad said, "Samantha, you're 21 next week."

"So glad you remembered."

"Let me speak," he said, "In our agreement that you both made together, we agreed that you had until you were both 21 to get used to this idea. Which means you have a week. And then after next week, we do it my way."

"Can I speak now?" I asked.

"Yes, but mind your tongue."

"Oh I won't," I said, "I'd like you to keep in mind that we were 12 when we made that agreement with you about this arrangement. And we had no idea that Harry would become this crazy fabulous musician. Do you honestly think that he needs to be engaged right now? Do you even know what effect that could have on his career? The fans live for Harry not staying in a solid relationship for more than like 6 months to a year. And I don't even want to think about the amount of Taylor Swift songs that would be written about this if anyone were to find out that it was this whole big arranged thing that we knew about since we were 12. I mean do you know how medieval arranged marriages are?"

"Frankly, that's not my concern. My concern is that this is a contract."

"I didn't sign any contract."

"Your opinion wasn't needed."

"Really?" I said as I raised my voice, "Really?! My opinion isn't needed in who I marry?! It's not needed in who I spend the rest of my life with?!"

My dad was quiet for a moment before speaking, "No, it isn't."

I looked at Harry and he just looked back at me.

"I don't care what either of you say, you had your chance to make your stipulations here. And this is what you both decided. As of your birthday, we will start planning the wedding, you will be shown off as formally engaged. Modest will handle the story. They have already spoken to Nadine and Jason."

"What?!" I yelled, "They fucking broke up with my boyfriend for me?!"

"They're paying him to shut up," he said.

"Just fucking get on with the rest of the information so I can go slam back the rest of the vodka in this entire house."

"You will be married in Mid-June of next year. You will have a say in the things involved with the wedding, but they go through your mother and I."

"Great are we done here?"

"Yes, for now."

"I need to go... check on the turkey," Anne said quietly before getting up and going into the kitchen.

I got up and followed her. She pulled me into a hug in the kitchen and rubbed my back as I tried to take deep breaths.

"I can't believe we're being pawned off like a business transaction," I said.

"I'm so sorry... If I could back out I would for you both honey. I just... It was a tough situation back then," she said softly.

"No I understand mum, you and Des needed money to raise Gem and Harry and my dad had conditions. I don't blame you at all."

"I love you Sam, and I'm sorry that this is happening but I'm glad you're going to be apart of our family."

"I love you too Anne."

Gemma came into the kitchen, followed by Harry.

Gemma handed me the bottle of vodka.

"No glass?" Anne chuckled.

"Not tonight mum," I said before putting the bottle to my lips and tipping it back.

Harry took it from me and tipped it back for himself.

"Ya booze ya lose huh?" I asked him.

He laughed and handed the bottle back to me, "Exceptions I suppose."

"Samantha your phone is ringing in here," my mum said.

I went and got my phone from my clutch and walked back into the kitchen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Dude," Niall said on the other side.

"Oh sweet Jesus Niall we've all been together for 10 minutes and it's a shit show."

"We all just got the call from Modest."

"Fuck my asshole right? What kind of fucked up shit is this?"

"I don't know Sam. They're paying Nadine and Jason to be quiet? Have either of you heard from them at all?"

"No, I haven't spoken to Jason since yesterday."

"I haven't talked to Nadine since yesterday either," Harry said.

"Alright well hey, we'll talk more about this at the real family Christmas dinner tomorrow okay? I just wanted to call and say we all got called."

"Alright, we'll talk tomorrow."

"Alright, love you Sam."

"Love you too Ni."

I ended the call and sighed, "Well they all got the call."

Anne sighed as she checked on all of the food, "Well, dinner is ready."

"Awesome, if I eat then I can drink more," I said.

We were all sitting at the table, the same way we always did.

"So," my dad said.

"Oh God," I said, "Now what?"

"We have some rules, for now until the wedding."

"What are they?" Harry said before I could make a smart ass comment.

"The two of you will spend nights together at least 4 times a week, you will begin to take this seriously, you will have date night once a week at the least, you will go to appearances together and you will act like you enjoy this."

"Can I get his name tattooed right above my vagina?" I asked with a coy smile.

My dad glared at me but Harry and Gemma both chuckled. It was funny to us, because I had done that when I was 16 as an act of rebellion. And I never minded it being there.

"Can we have all the music at our wedding be from Up All Night?" I asked, clearly the alcohol had set in.

"Keep it coming."

"Can I wear my pajamas? Can we have all the flowers be dandelions? Can we have all of our guests be cats dressed in suits? Can Harry wear one of those shirts that has a suit picture printed on the front of it? Can we both wear matching Chelsea boots? Can we have Nando's cater?"

"Are you done?"

"Yeah for now," I nodded.

"Good. So, do you agree to the conditions?"

I looked at Harry for a long moment before looking back to my parents, "Yeah."

"Yeah," Harry nodded.

"Good."

Harry and I both continued to drink the whole night, through dessert and through opening presents. Everyone left, leaving Harry and I alone, still drinking.

"Alright, well I should get going," I said, standing up and then stumbling.

"Whoa, no you're not drinking home," he said, "You're way too drunk to drive yourself and I'm way too drunk to drive you myself."

I looked at him, "Well, 1 out of 4 nights done I guess."

"I guess so."

I sat back down and pulled my heels off.

"Do you want me to get you some clothes to wear?"

"Do you have the exact outfit you wore in the What Makes You Beautiful video?"

He laughed, "I'll try to whip something up for you."

I smiled and he got up and stumbled slightly as he walked up to his bedroom. I turned on the TV and saw that The Nightmare Before Christmas was about to come on. I put it on that channel and Harry came back downstairs.

"So, how does a plain t-shirt and a pair of boxer shorts sound?"

"Close enough," I nodded.

He handed it to me and I stood up.

"Would you mind unzipping me?"

He unzipped the back of my dress and then I walked to the bathroom to change. I came back out and sat beside him on the couch.

"How did I know you'd pick this movie?" he asked.

"Because it's very me," I said as I snuggled up beneath the blanket that covered us both.

I rested my head on his shoulder as we watched the movie.

"Maybe this won't be so bad," I said to him.

Harry and I had admitted our feelings for each other before he went to X-Factor, but we had silently agreed to attempt to suppress the feelings as an act of rebellion against the arrangement. But, the suppressing never worked.

He kissed my forehead and took hold of my hand.

"No more hiding," he said.

"Yeah, no more hiding."