Good Riddance

Sixteen

The sunlight streamed through the only window in Billie’s basement and landed squarely on Billie’s white coverlet. It was warming the bed up a little more and I snuggled down into the duvet to keep my bare shoulders warm as well. Billie was asleep next to me and his arm was over his eyes to keep the light out, he was doing this subconsciously because he certainly wasn’t awake.

Right now, I should be at school, but because today was the day of the dance competition I was allowed the morning off to rest after a fitful night’s sleep. I don’t think Miss Hickett definition of a fitful night’s sleep came anywhere close to what I had done last night. Not getting in until midnight was bad enough...

Last Night

“I want to have sex with you” I said it in a much more cool way than before and the words actually came out of my mouth in a coherent order. I think the expression on Billie’s face could be described as amazement crossed with disbelief and I was a little hurt as the silence prevailed.

“Wow Scar” Billie said after a moment, “I was so not expecting that tonight”

A blush crept up my cheeks and I looked at my feet, feeling a little bit foolish. His hand held the side of my cheek and he pulled my face up for a searching kiss. He broke away after a moment and his thumb stroked a strand of hair that had fallen across my eyes out of the way and tucked it behind my ear. I didn’t know what to say to him.

“We’ve only been going out for a month and a half” he said to me softly.

“That didn’t matter to you with those other girls” I said.

“You’re not one of those ‘other girls’ though Scarlett” he said using my full name for a rare time.

“I don’t care, I know what I feel now” I said to him, “I asked you not the other way around. This is so not a big deal”

“It is a big deal” he said with a small smile, “You’re so innocent Scar”

“Hardly” I whispered into his shoulder as he held me tight. I moved my head and kissed his jaw line and slowly moved to his lips. His hands were now at the small of my back and holding me close to him, there was no space between us and I moved my hands into his hair as his hands slid down over my bum. His kiss made me space out slightly and I momentarily forgot my own name as I moved my hands from his hair to the first button of his shirt. Billie let me un button his shirt because this was nothing new, this was nothing I hadn’t seen before and I broke away to push it off his lightly muscled arms.
It was when he drew me to the bed that I thought I actually might be getting somewhere. He stood by the side of it and captured me in a sweet kiss again and spun me around so the back of my knees hit the soft coverlet and he lowered me backwards so that I lay down on the bed very softly. His kisses moved from my lips to my neck and then to my now exposed collarbone, he trailed downwards until he reached the first button of my shirt and slowly undid each one, replacing it with a kiss, before sliding off my shoulders and leaving it trapped underneath my back.

I slid my arms around his naked back as he kissed my chest and removed my bra as well. He moved back up my body and kissed me again but it was when my hands moved to his belt buckle that he broke away. I whined softly in discontent but I knew he was just being concerned as to my motives, I looked up into his face and smiled softly and bit my lip in a coy way. At this current moment I was lying under him, topless, with a coy smile on my face and with my hair loose about my body; I think at that moment he gave in and his I’m-a-boy-and-I-might-be-about-to-have-sex-mode kicked in. Not that I was at all cynical about boys.

I undid his belt buckle and with his help I got his jeans off, he managed to remove mine as well with very few difficulties and with a few deft movements with his hands my pants disappeared as well. I was now completely naked and yet he still had his boxers on, I thought that this was an unfair advantage and pulled them off as well with as much confidence as I could manage so that he wouldn’t have second thoughts about this. He was resting all his weight above me on his arms and his kisses scattered my neck as he put his weight on one arm and reached over my head to the cabinet and got something. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what it was.

He was so warm above me and around it me, he was treating me like I was a porcelain doll and it made me feel loved and protected as he opened the condom packet and put it on. I tried to relax because I didn’t even know what I was scared about, I felt his hand lightly tracing my thigh and caressing the apex between. He wanted to make sure that I relaxed. I did, I knew for certain then that he would take care of me.

His knee was between my thighs and his eyes sought mine, I looked at him and simply pulled him down for a deep kiss. Somewhere lost in the kiss, he entered me. I broke away and hissed slightly because it stung very slightly, he stopped and looked down at me, he moved a few times just in me to get used to the sensation. I then nodded for him to continue as the pain subsided and he entered me fully. Yes it did hurt but only for a few seconds. I knew those few seconds for him were torture, his self control was amazing. I took me a moment to fully comprehend that this was happening but then I smiled at him and he started to rock his hips forward with a sharp snap each time, I half moaned at a feeling as the pain disappeared and this new feeling arose, I couldn’t describe it, it was a wonderful stab of fantastic pleasure each time he moved and that feeling was building up in my tummy. I answered one of his snaps with my own and rocked my hips forward to which he made a growling sound, I matched his rhythm and it seemed so easy and beautiful. His hips sped up and I wrapped my legs around his back pulling him in deeper to me with each stroke and he cried out my name, my skin felt like it was on fire and everything around me was tingling and it was growing more and more and more as he continued to make love to me.

“Billie!” I gasped out as lips fell onto my neck and my arms wrapped in his hair, his arms still held his weight as he swore loudly and gasped hoarsely. I made him go faster as his name spilled from open lips, and with each thrust he brushed my centre and it built me up higher until I tumbled over it in a rush of pleasure and my hips stuttered of their own accord as I rode out the feeling making him fall over the edge and cum too.

I lay breathing heavily for a moment as our bodies were still melted together but then he pulled away and for a few moments I shut my eyes and regaining my sense of being after the out of mind experience I had just had. He rolled back to me a moment later and encircled me with his arms and held me close, his breathing was slowly in sync with mine and didn’t feel like anything needed to be said at that moment. Except...

“I love you Scarlett”

I wondered briefly whether that was just because I had just had sex with him but then I realised that Billie wasn’t like that and he was a good guy and I had already said I loved him but just not when he could hear.

“You are so amazing” he reiterated, “And I am so lucky to have you”

I decided not to argue with him on that point and merely rolled over to kiss him deeply on the mouth, pulling on his bottom lip as I moved away.

“I love you too, Billie” I said to him. With that we moved under the covers and I feel asleep with my head against his chest, listening to his breathing.

***

Billie stirred, stretching and yawning deeply before rolling over to face me lying on the other pillow next to his.

“Morning” I whispered to him as our faces were only a few centimetres apart. He smiled and rolled over and got out of bed, he was completely naked and I giggled softly as he meandered around his bedroom trying to find some form of boxers to put on. He eventually found a pair with a noise of triumph and pulled them on, he didn’t bother putting a shirt on which I was intensely grateful for.

“Coming?” he said gesturing upstairs.

“I do need some clothes first” I said to him with a smile.

“Get up and I’ll find you some” he said with a grin. I got out of bed slowly and stretched languidly in the dappled sunlight as I stood up showing off my taut, flat stomach. He couldn’t stifle his groan. I giggled at his reaction.

“You know we don’t have to go up yet” he said coming around the my side of the bed and looking me up and down appreciatively.

“It’s your choice” I said with a grin. He merely pushed my shoulder and my back hit the covers again.

***

“And for the final time please welcome Zach Hardy and his partner Scarlett Robertson to the floor dancing their exhibition show dance”

Zach squeezed my hand he was holding and led me out onto the dance floor. I was wearing a blue leotard with a green side to it that went to mid thigh on my left leg, it also had a bejewelled green sleeve. We had walked out into the middle of the dance floor and he put his hands over my stomach as the music began. The music was bouncy and happy for a show dance and Zach immediately spun me away from him and I kept whirling right over to the seats. The inspiration to this was that Zach was a puppet master and I his puppet, all movements were continuous and controlled.

I couldn’t really remember how I felt during the dance just that everything seemed to go well, I wasn’t aware of the crowd, I was only aware of Zach and how I was responding to his movements. I was now coming to the final part of the dance and I spun myself towards Zach, he picked me up and held me with one hand over his head, my poise was draped over him. He then moved me into the crucifix carry and down over his shoulder onto the floor where he curled himself over me and the dance ended as he whipped over me. Right on time.

My senses came back to me and I was aware of cheering and whooping inside the dance hall we were performing in. Zach offered me a hand and helped me up, he then spun me out to the side for me to take my curtsey while he took his bow. I was still smiling brightly as we turned and ran up the steps into the wings. Zach picked me up as we ran back to our dressing room laughing our heads off. The door had barely shut when it opened again to reveal a broadly grinning Mandy.

“That was amazing you guys!” she exclaimed as she engulfed us in a huge hug, “Now get your asses back to the wings for the results”

“Give me a mo!” I said holding my chest as I still gasped for breath.

“No!” she said with a smile, “Go on, get gone”

Zach being the gentleman he was picked me up and carried me to the wings where we waited with the other couples to be called back on. They called us one by one and we took up positions in the spotlights that dotted the dance floor, there were twenty couples here each from the school finals in the state. Obviously there was more than twenty schools in the state, I am aware, of that but most hadn’t gotten a dedicated dance teacher and a good enough couple, some were knocked out in preliminaries.

“In no particular order, I will now announce the final five couples who were top on the judges as of yet unknown results. I will then announce the winner of the competition and thus the couple going through to inter-state championships”

There was an eerie silence as everyone waited to hear the result.

“Jordan Greggs and Marion Daygold”

Cheers erupted for that couple and silence fell again.

“Elizabeth Norris and William Pratt”

I could feel Zach’s hands on mine and he was breathing heavily and muttering ‘please’ over and over again under his voice.

“Taylor Kynch and Katie Kay”

“Zach Hardy and Scarlett Robertson”

The tension in my chest disappeared and I turned around, flinging my arms around Zach’s neck as he lifted me around him. I hugged him tightly as I heard cheering. Our spotlight went out and I waited to hear the final name.

“Sebastian Router and Lillian Fell”

“Can the five couples chosen please make their way to the new spotlights on the steps while the other couples leave the dance floor.”

I didn’t look at any of the other couple as they left the floor and we made our way up the steps. I took up my position in front of Zach and held my poise again as we waited for people to settle.

“Right then,” said the presenter, “The winner of the California state dance championships and thus going through to represent the state at the inter state championships is...”

Silence reigned over the room as the audience took a collective deep breath as the presenter paused for dramatic effect.

“Zach Hardy and Scarlett Robertson!”

I screamed loudly and Zach picked me up immediately into a bone crushing hug. I could hear people cheering loudly and Zach put me down. I was then grabbed by the presenter and shoved in front of some television cameras as they talked to me, I just told them I was happy and shaken. Mandy came over and rescued me and I was told I could go. People were spilling onto the dance floor and I could see my parents waving at me, I flitted my way over to them through many congratulations and pats on the back.

“Well done Scarlett” said my mum as she hugged me tightly and I hugged back.

“I always knew you’d do it” she said, “You were miles better than the others, especially with your tango, although did you mess up your footing in one of your rumba moves?”

“Not the time mum” I said with a grin. I had seen the group waiting for me over her shoulder. I excused myself and Zach stayed talking to my parents as I went over to them. It took all myself restraint not to throw myself around Billie and kiss him to next week and back with the feeling I was feeling at the moment. He knew that my parents were watching me so he just contented himself with a well done smile and a promise of later.

Jess and Kiera were both bouncing up and down in front of me and squealing in delight, Tre and Mike were happy for me. It was then I was dragged away by Zach, I had to glare at Billie to stop him protesting. It was only when we were in the car on the way home the repercussions started.

“Who was the boy Jess was with, what does he think he’s doing having his hair like that?” asked my mum in horror.

“That’s Tre and he’s been going out with Jess for about six years on and off” I said dryly.

“I don’t think much of her taste” said mum, I shrugged.

“And who was the other boy?” said dad.

“Which one?” I asked warily.

“The boy with the black hair and the skinny jeans?” asked dad.

“Oh that’s Billie” I said praying my mum wouldn’t make any connections, “He’s a senior”

“He looked really bad news” said dad, “Don’t go mixing with that sort Scarlett, I don’t mind Jess but those lads looked a little rough”

“Okay daddy” I said.

I failed to mention that Billie and I had spent all morning in bed together.