Status: New A7X ~Jimmy is in the story~

Almost Easy

Two

Tilting the cup to fill the pint, I glanced at the clock a shudder ripping down my spine as if the pre-dawn light was on my skin.

Mentally groaning, I glanced around the bar quickly for a snack. If I had been feeding properly, the light rising outside would not have been an issue; if and I would never tell the girls, I was using my method of stretching my feeds out, this wouldn’t be a problem for a few more days.

Sadly no blood and no sex made me very sensitive to light, even fluorescent bulbs.

Passing the beer to the customer as last call was called; I accepted the twenty and moved to whisper to my boss that I needed five minutes not pausing as I dashed into the back room my fingers flicking the lights off as I passed.

Sinking to the floor against the lockers, I groaned. I needed to be more careful; as I had been told time and again; little snacks here and there would go a lot further once I could sit properly for a meal.

It didn’t help however, that a small part of me most likely my Hunter blood made me hate that part of myself making it even harder for me to feed.

Shuddering as the pain rippled, I snapped my hand up in the dark reaching for my coat pocket and the phone just inside. Frantically, I pulled up the only Vampire I trusted and hit call as the door pushed open eliciting a snarl that I quickly stifled with my fist.

Whimpering as the phone stopped ringing and his voice filled the room, I slumped back almost relaxed enough to speak.

“Annie?” dropping the phone, I pulled my knees to my chest as the agony ripped through my chest, the shudders now spasms. Groaning, I bit my lip the blood pooling inside my mouth. “Shit,” if he had covered the mouth piece or put the phone down it didn’t matter. My senses were on fire, heightened in such a manner that I could hear the vehicles driving past two blocks over and every puny heartbeat in the building.

I could kill them all, devour their hearts and drain them dry and it wouldn’t put a dent in my hunger.
The only thing that could now, having been so long was another vampire and of all nights, there were none in the bar.

Drawing back from my bloody thoughts as my name rang out in the room; I stared at the phone lying next to my hip.

“Annie, I won’t be long. Jimmy is going to come clear up the bar, I need you to stay right where you are and don’t hang up this phone,” glancing as the door inched open, I pushed back into the locker the metal bending under the pressure my teeth sinking further into my lip as the scent of human filled the small room.

“Annie, everything alright in here?” sinking my nails into my sides, I groaned as the room began to spin. “Annie?” rising as the door swung open further, I shook. I could kill Jillian; rip her limb from limb as I drank every drop before starting on her heart and even though I liked Jillian, right now that didn’t matter. It didn’t matter that she was a single mother of two or that she was sweet and soft spoken – it didn’t matter that her blood wouldn’t help me.

“Excuse me Ms. if I could just get you to step back and see the tall gentleman there,” obviously layering his voice, I whimpered as the hunger changed and the door quickly shut behind him.

“Oh Annie, when are you going to learn” not a question, Zack stood patiently watching as I unraveled straightening my spine till I stood as straight as I could under the pressure. Crooking his fingers, he spread his arms and tilted his neck.

I never could remember much once the pain eased, replaced by desire. I fought that urge too, I could find that release elsewhere I would not, could not complicate our relationship.

Muscles unclenching were my first hint to start coming back from depravity. Dropping my hands from where they were bunched in his button up, I let them rest at my sides as I drank thoughts reigned in tight to prevent them from being unwillingly shared.

I would have to avoid him for the next few days, a task that would have been easier if there wasn’t a damn formal dinner that night.

Rolling my eyes, I tucked away any stray emotions as I released my fangs from his throat and dropped back on my heels with a content sigh, the sharpened points drawing back up into my gums giving my smile a normal look that had orthodontists whimpering in envy.

Clearing my throat, I looked past him at the closed door my insides shuddering with a different need, “Thank you,”

“This needs to stop Annie, you are only hurting yourself when you avoid –“unable to breath with his voice deeper, darker I turned and moved to pick up my phone.

“I know,” waiting in silence, I hoped he would catch the hint and sagged with relief when he snarled and turned slamming the metal door behind him. “I am sorry, Zacky” gripping my coat and bag I moved towards the door and peeked out only to have to tilt my head at the giant standing in the way.

“Hello beautiful baby doll,” pushing on the door, Jimmy turned the lights on without touching the switch and tsked at the screwed up locker. “What am I going to do with you lovely?” shaking his head as I stepped out of the way, I waited till his back was full to me and muttered one of the only bits of magic I knew and vanished appearing in my living room.

Dropping into my favorite arm chair I stared out into the forest my father had built our house against and watched as the sun rose above the tips.

Jimmy would either bring the car out or I would get it later but the few hours I had before the girls showed up expecting me to be waiting for them to play dress up with, I wanted to spend alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
and just because I can, another! This one is to show you Annie, in all of her complex, aggravating glory.