Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

The Maiden and the Rock star

Chapter One Fallen Angel

Chapter One
Fallen Angel

There was celebration in the village early that morning. I woke to the sound of cheering villagers a smile crossed my lips as I realized what day it was. It was the day of my anointment into becoming High Priestess of all Phenoria. It was like being crowned queen only without actually being the queen. My responsibility was to defend Phenoria from all forms of evil. So I guess it’s like a fancy title for a battle maiden that is blessed by the Goddess. I emerged from my bed and opened the balcony doors. As I stepped outside into the light of the sun. I saw the villager’s festival that would be held until our return. Father had truly gone all out for this celebration.

“There’s my darling girl”.
Father said as he entered the room. I smiled at him hugging him tightly. He chuckled at my hug and returned the embrace to me just as tightly as I held him. As we separated I smiled up at him.
“The festival looks wonderful father. Are you sure they can hold out until we return?”
I asked looking back towards the balcony doors. Father laughed clapping me on the back lightly.

“You underestimate me girl. We have people from all over Phenoria coming to celebrate and entertain. This festival will continue until your return”.
Father said. I smiled at his confidence turning back towards the bed giving a heavy sigh.
“I have a strange feelings about this Father. Like something is going to happen”.
I confessed. He placed his hands on my shoulders smiling down at me as any loving father would his daughter. I turned back to him as he took my hands in his. I could see the pride glowing in his eyes as he looked down at me. No doubt having fatherly flash backs to when I was a little girl running around the castle.
“Nothing bad will happen, I assure you, Tristan is going with you, so are Tara and Roux. You have all the protection you need”.
Father assured me.

I smiled up at him giving a nod.
“I suppose it’s foolish of me to assume the worse before anythings happened”.
I laughed lightly. Father hugged me once more placing a kiss on my forehead.
“Well, your mother was known to worry herself to death too”.
Father said. I smiled at him. My mother Queen Adora died after giving birth to Tristan and I. She was very sick during the pregnancy and refused to let harm come to either of us. She sacrificed herself to give Tristan and I life. Father says I look exactly like mother, but I think she was far more beautiful then I will ever be.

As my father stepped aside the royal armorer entered the room. I gaped in awe of the amethyst purple armor he brought forwards for me. Father smiled placing his hands on my shoulders.
“A gift for my darling daughter before she leaves. This armor is light and elven made. It is suited to your needs and it won’t slow you down or restrict use of your magic. “

I beamed at him.
“This is amazing father! It is a wonderful gift”.
I said admiring the work on the chest plate. The arm guards also looked amazing. Father smiled down at me and for a moment, he almost looked sad. I had been locked up in this castle all my life, studying the art of magic and sword play, archery and dagger combat. I also learned how to fight without weapons at all. The martial arts were hard to master but my father insisted I train just as hard as my older twin brother Tristan did. He did not want me to be helpless in the event that harm came to my older brother or my other guardians.

I was left to change and ready myself for the trip. I selected a corset purple top and a short purple skirt that matched the corset making the outfit look more like a dress. My hair was taken back in an elaborate braided style and the ladies in waiting helped me with the armor. Once the armor was on, my sapphire velvet cloak was added. Keeping my bow and quiver strapped to my back I made my way out to the stables knowing that would be where my brother and other guardians would be awaiting me.

The first of my guardians, is my elder twin brother Tristan, He and I do have that strange twin telepathy thing happening. Tristan has trained all his life to become the best guardian possible. However a time will come when he will have to take up our father’s throne. Tristan doesn’t like to think about being king and sitting around in a musty old throne room listening to people complain and beg him for advice. And he doesn’t deal well with politics either, no matter how hard father has fought to teach him. Then there was Tara, an elven girl I befriended as a child. The one time I escaped the castle it was Tara who found me and brought me back safely. We became fast friends.

Then there was Roux, a proud drawven man who was set to become a knight under my father’s banner. However Father believed Roux was more suited to guarding me. They were all very dear to me and I couldn’t imagine myself without them. However, there was something else. Something my family didn’t like to talk about. A prophecy was made that a man from a world unlike our own would fall from the sky and be my only salvation against the evil that seeked to destroy me. My father and brother did not want to put faith in an outsider who does not know our ways.

“Well, if it isn’t my beautiful betrothed”.
The last voice I wanted to hear today spoke. It was Emmett Callahan. Son to the King of Phenoria. His elder sister was heir to the throne thankfully which did save me from actually becoming queen. Emmett and I grew up together, he went from be a spoiled brat that always got what he wanted and treated his servants like slaves and commoner’s like trash to an over grown bastard who always got his way, treated servants like slaves and commoner’s like trash. I absolutely did not want to marry him. And protested against this arrangement from the time it was made.

Father however wouldn’t hear me. He was so committed to making sure I was cared for before his passing that he refused to allow me to choose my own husband. I turned to see Emmett striding towards me with a cocky grin on his lips.
“Here I thought you’d at least give me a proper farewell”.
Emmett laughed once he reached me he took me in his arms. I shrugged out of his embrace taking a step back. I noticed a look of rage in his eyes and as he was about to raise his hand to strike me. A tight fist closed around his wrist. I looked up at Tristan who narrowed his eyes at Emmett standing his ground.

“You aren’t making trouble are you Emmett? Last time I checked this was my father’s land. Which means, you have no power here”.
Emmett jerked his arm free from Tristan’s grasp looking back at me with narrowed eyes. I quickly averted my gaze. And before he could start up again I spoke cutting him off.
“Farewell Emmett, I will see you upon my return”.

I turned away from him after saying my farewell and followed Tristan towards the stables. Tristan kept his eyes narrowed as he walked. Dressed in his golden armor that matched what our father normally wore into battle.
“Bastard, I should have slit hi throat. Father must reconsider this arrangement. Emmett is a bastard and he is not loyal to you”.
Tristan said as we walked. I smiled at my brother’s concern for my wellbeing. It warmed my heart to know he felt that way. At least someone saw things my way. And Emmett was known for having his way with drunken bar wenches. I’d even heard that one had a child by him that he refused to take credit for. Tristan smiled at me as we walked.
“Maybe father will be swayed by another young man. Someone with good background who is devoted to you and able to care for you as you are meant to be cared for”.
Tristan said.

It would be nice to have something like that happen. As we arrived at the stables. Tara greeted me with a hug while Roux raised his flask in celebration.
“The lady of the hour! A drink to the lady!”
He beamed before downing what was in his flask. Tara rolled her eyes at him.
“That is enough Roux. You’ve drank to every horse in this stable! To the birds that flew by now you drink to Kristen?”
Tristan laughed shaking his head.
“I’m sure there is nothing wrong with toasting during a celebration”.
Tara rolled her eyes going back to her horse she and fondly named Aria. Tristan led his horse Thor out of the stable. He smirked at Roux as he passed him by.
“Need help getting on your pony?”
He teased. Roux flipped him off rising to his feet.

“Very funny”.
Roux said walking over to his horse which was smaller than ours were and led it out after my brother. I found my horse, who was a beautiful white horse I’d named Unicorn. I pet her muzzle before leading her out of the stable. Roux struggled too drunk to get on the pony which made Tristan laugh hysterically. Roux cursing at him as he tried to get on. Tara rolled her eyes lifting Roux onto the pony which he had named Cyclone because despite his size he was faster than any other horse.
Tristan helped me onto Unicorn then sprang onto Thor’s back with ease like a pro.

Sometimes I envied his advanced skills and experience in the world. As we rode through the streets of the city the villagers were lining the streets throwing flower petals and cheering loudly. Waving happily as we rode past. I looked over to Tara who smiled at me. I was glad to have her with me on this trip.

Once we were out of the city we began to ride at a faster pace along the road. Roux and Tristan racing each other while Tara and I rolled our eyes at their competitive nature. They were always competing. That was when I felt the shift in the wind. I pulled Unicorn to a stop turning her towards the open field. There was a powerful rift of white light in the sky so blinding that I had to look away at first. But I saw him falling from the sky at a fast pace. I called to Unicorn telling her to go and she took off towards the man that was falling at a fast pace from the sky. I had to get closer to stop him from being killed.

Narrowing my eyes against the wind I rode as hard and fast as I could until I was close enough throwing out my hand and calling out the incantation for the floating spell. A gust of magical energy ejecting from my palm stopping the man from falling so quickly and laying him gently on the ground. I jumped down from the back of Unicorn and ran towards where the man lay. Kneeling down at his side I saw he wasn’t wounded just knocked out. Tara and the others rushed over and I looked back at them.

“The prophecy was right. This is the man she described”.
I smiled looking down at him.
“This is the true Guardian”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3