Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

The Maiden and the Rock star

Chapter Two The Guardian

Chapter Two
The Guardian

It was late into the night as Tara emerged from the tent the man was taken into. We had made camp so that we could tend to him as he needed to be tended too. Tristan narrowed his eyes at the tent standing on the other side of me.

“We need to be wary of him! There is no telling what evil brought him here”.
Tristan said. I sighed at him but I wasn’t shocked that he was taking the protective older brother role. That was just Tristan being himself. Still I couldn’t see this man being summoned by evil. Tara approached us with a worried look on her face. Tristan approached her meeting her half way and I followed.

“What happened?”
Tristan asked. Tara looked between us and gave a heavy sigh before speaking.
“He has the mark”.
Tara said. Tristan narrowed his eyes to slits. I could feel my twin brother’s anger reaching its braking point. And I knew if Tara answered him that would be it. He would kill the man. Tara averted her gaze.

“Your mothers mark”.
Tristan drew his sword storming towards the tent. I turned running after him.
“Tristan stop!”
Tristan snarled as he stormed into the tent raising his sword. The man’s eyes suddenly opened and widened looking at Tristan ready to plunge his sword into the man’s chest. I threw himself between them. The sword mere inches from my face.

“STOP!”
I roared at him. Tristan seethed with rage. I kept my arms out and sighed relieved when he lowered his sword. But his look of outrage remained.
“This is obviously some dark magic trick! This is the work of demons!”
I shook my head vigorously as Roux and Tara entered the tent as well. Swallowing hard I kept my eyes fixed on my now very intimidating older twin brother. But I was the only one who could calm him down.

“You don’t know that!”
I assured him. Tristan narrowed his eyes at the man who had now gotten up from the cot and was backing away slowly. Tristan then turned back to me pointing at him.
“At least! We should bind him! Find out who sent him and how he got mother’s crest on him!”
Tristan roared.

I stood my ground looking to Roux pleadingly. Roux took Tristan’s arm.
“Come on, fighting about this won’t make things better”.
Roux said easing Tristan back. Tristan narrowed his gaze at the man and Tara stepped forwards easing him back. I sighed looking back at him. He looked at me getting a slight smirk on his lips.

“Ok, I have to be really drunk because I don’t remember you at all”.
He grinned coming out of the corner he had backed into. He looked over my shoulder towards the entrance.
“So, what’s wrong with Lady lovely locks? He sit on his sword? And who uses a sword these days?”
I sighed shaking my head lightly and praying to the goddess for strength in dealing with this strange man. He was still grinning at me like a lion eyeing his prey. I walked over and sat down on the cot across from him.

“You are not from this world. This is not your homeland”.
I said. He laughed giving a nod.
“Good one, did Shadows put you up to this? Or maybe it was Jimmy?”
He said getting up going towards the entrance and pulling it back looking around. I stood turning towards him crossing my arms. He looked back at me with a confused expression.
“Where the fuck are we?”
He asked.

I sighed lightly shaking my head.
“I told you, this is not your world. You fell out of the sky, I used magic to save you before you could be killed”.
He looked back at me narrowing his eyes no longer finding the humor in this.
“Magic? There is no such thing as magic. Are you some demented fan girl or something?”
I laughed at him not sure what I found funnier, the fact he didn’t believe in magic the natural source of energy that flowed through me as a result of being gifted by the goddess or the fact he thought I was a fan girl.

“Magic is real, if it wasn’t I couldn’t have slowed the momentum of your body crashing towards the earth. And no, I’m not a fan girl. Do you have those back where you’re from?”
He shook his head as the reality started to set in on him.
“This isn’t fucking funny anymore”.
He growled storming out of the tent. I followed after him running to catch up with him. Tristan stood to follow but I waved him off. The man stormed across the field towards the trees.

“You can’t go in there!”
I called after him. He kept walking his hands balled into fists.
“Matt! Jimmy! You two are fucking dead!”
He called out and I sighed with frustration. I followed quickly after him.
“You can’t go this way, there are werewolves!”
I called to him. He laughed looking back over his shoulder at me.
“Yeah very funny girly. I get your hot and everything and the guys are trying to cheer me up by hiring you but this prank has gone too far”.

I gaped at him in horror.
“Hiring me? You think I’m some brothel maiden?”
I snapped at him feeling the magic within me boil with anger. He looked back at me.
“Stop talking like that? Who says “brothel” anymore?”
He snapped as he continued to storm deeper into the werewolf infested woods. That was when I saw it, the massive Grey beast lunge from the shadows. I threw himself forwards as its claws dug into my arm I knocked the man backwards taking the attack screaming in pain. He gaped in horror his face going white. The beast snarled at me as I pushed myself backwards, the man looking on in pure horror as I held my hand out at the werewolf setting him a blaze.

The wolf howled in pain trying to put out the flames but there was nothing it could do. The flames burned the wolf to ashes. He looked at me tears glazed in his eyes.
“What the fuck is happening?”
He asked. I looked back at him holding my bleeding arm.
“I told you, you aren’t in your world anymore”.

Tristan broke through the clearing rushing towards us seeing I was bleeding.
“What happened here?”
He roared narrowing his eyes at the man. The man stood looking around confused and scared now.

I sighed lightly looking up at Tristan.
“Some people are stubborn and need to learn things the hard way”.
I said getting up with his help. Tristan narrowed his eyes at the man and I knew he wanted to leave him behind and continue on our way. But I couldn’t. I took hold of his wrist leading him out of the woods. Once we returned to camp, Tara got to work cleaning and bandaging the wound on my arm. Once Tara finished with my arm. She left the tent. The man looked at me from his place on the cot at the far end of the tent.

“Where am I?”
I stood walking over and sitting down on the cot across from him. I knew it was going to be hard for him to accept what was happening around him. I wanted to make things as easy for him as I could.
“Phenoria. It is the world of eternal life founded by the Phoenix bloodline ages ago.”
I said. He looked at me then my arm and sighed running his hand back through his hair.

“I’m sorry, about getting you hurt. I honestly thought this was a prank my friends were playing on me”.
He said meeting my eyes again.
“My names Brian by the way”.
He said. I smiled at him glad to finally learn his name.
“I am Kristen, It is nice to meet you Brian”.
I said glad that he was starting to open up to me now.

Brian scanned the tent then looked back at me again before he started asking questions. I wanted to answer him honestly but something inside me told me to hold off on telling him about the prophecy about the man who would fall from the sky and be my salvation I figured that might be too much for him right now.
But I knew the prophecy was true. Brian was the man foretold to be my only salvation. The problem was, he didn’t seem at all interested in being that person.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3