Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

The Maiden and the Rock star

Chapter Three The Goddess

Chapter Three
The Goddess

“Until we can ensure him safe passage back to where he’s from we should keep him protected. He needs to blend in with the people here and I know you can teach him how to do that”.
I said leaning back against a tree looking at Tristan who narrowed his eyes at me shaking his head. I knew he didn’t trust Brian and still believed him to be some demon summoned by some evil entity seeking to harm me.

“Please Tristan, there is no one better to teach him”.
Tristan looked at me with disapproval keeping his arms crossed.
“I refuse to take part in this”.
I placed my hand on his arm frowning up at him. Tristan sighed looking back towards the camp as Tara and Brian emerged from the tent. Tara having taken measurements to buy him armor. Roux came towards us.

“Tara and I are going to Lockwood village. We will return with armor and a horse for the stranger”.
Roux said. I turned back to Tristan and pouted looking up at him. Tristan cursed under his breath pushing off the tree and walking towards Brian. I ran after him while Tara and Roux headed off. Tristan tossed a sword at Brian it landed at his feet. Brian looked from the sword to Tristan.

“What’s this?”
Brian asked. I stood on the other side of my brother who kept his narrowed gaze fixed on Brian now. I started to wonder if it was a good idea to trust Tristan with a sword around Brian. Tristan smirked at him.

“Pick up the sword, if you’re going to fit in here until we find safe passage for you to return to your world. You are going to need to learn a few things”.
Tristan said as he circled Brian. Brian looked at me with a worried expression but I smiled at him reassuringly. Sitting down on one of the stoops by the fire pit giving a nod.

“It’s alright, Tristan isn’t going to hurt you”.
I said causing Tristan to scoff with a wicked smirk on his lips. Brian reached down to grab the sword and lift it with one hand the way Tristan held his. But the sword was too heavy. Tristan laughed rolling his eyes.
“My sister could pick that up with one hand”.
He said in a condescending tone. I stood crossing my arms.
“Tristan, don’t be a jerk about this! Just help him”.
Tristan smirked at me turning back to his pack and taking out a wooden sword throwing it at Brian.

“Maybe that’s more your speed”.
Brian narrowed his eyes at Tristan picking up on the insult that was implied.
“How about I just punch you in the throat”.
Brian growled at him. I sighed going over to them getting between them before they could really start fighting. I picked up the sword and placed it in Brian’s hand showing him how to hold the sword.
“It takes some getting used to but over time you’ll get the hang of it”.
I assured him looking back at Tristan narrowing my eyes slightly.

“Can I trust you to at least teach him how to use it without being an ass?”
Brian smirked looking at Tristan.
“I don’t know being an ass comes so naturally to him”.
Brian said looking all smug now. Tristan took one swipe of his sword knocking Brian down hard causing him to cough when he landed on his back. I sighed looking at Tristan who grinned at me.

“What can I say? I’m a natural ass”.
I rolled my eyes leaving the two of them to work together, hopefully no one would get killed. I took some privet time to myself in order to pray to The Goddess for guidance about Brian’s situation, how he came to be here and what his true reason for being here was. With any luck I’d get an answer. I set up my payer ceremony.

Lighting some sage I set it in the bowl and allowed the smoke to waft around me cleansing me of any negative energies. I held up my arms breathing deep. Then I took the enchanted indigo colored ink and drew the mark of the goddess on my forehead. Relaxing and sitting on my knees I began the chant holding out my hands as the air around me shifted and fluttered.

As the energy around me became a rich gold color I opened my eyes and lifted them towards the stone idol of the goddess, I head entered a prayer chamber of a nearby village. As I moved towards the idol I kneeled at her feet and bowed my head.
“Great Goddess, please give me guidance. Why have you sent Brian into our world?”
As I bowed my head waiting for a response it didn’t take long before the voice of the goddess responded to me. I lifted my gaze as she spoke into my mind, her words touching my heart.

“Guardian Angles come in many forms. There is more to the man then meets the eye. He is your salvation, he is your one true guardian. It is up to him to save you from the approaching evil. Evil that has watched you grow from an infant to a toddler, from a toddler to a child, from a child to a woman. As he steps out of the darkness, your guardian steps into the light”.

As the goddess finished speaking into my mind, I felt my soul shoot backwards into my body again. I slowly opened my eyes finding myself back at camp. It was nightfall now and I could hear the crackling campfire going outside the tent along with Roux drunken sputtering. And Tara telling him to stop drinking so much. I sat up slowly looking over seeing Brian sitting on the cot next to the one I was laying on. He looked concerned about me.

“Are you alright?”
Brian asked generally worried about me. I smiled at him giving a nod. He was unfamiliar with my talents of ejecting my soul from my physical form. I must have seemed so dead to him when he found me. I turned myself placing my feet on the ground.

“I’m fine, thank you for your concern Brian. I was using astro projection to communicate with the goddess”.
I said. Brian sighed looking a little relieved.
“Good, I thought you’d left me alone with your evil twin, that crazy short guy and the pointy ears girl”.

I couldn’t help but laugh at his description of my assorted group of guardians. I wanted to tell him about what the goddess said. But I knew for now it was best if he didn’t know. I’d have to find a way to break it to him gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3