Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

The Maiden and the Rock star

Chapter Five Reality

Chapter Five
Reality

We narrowly escaped the capital before it was consumed in darkness cast by Leonard a demon wizard who seemed hell bent on destroying life as we knew it here in Phenoria. With the aid of the Queen’s guards the people of the capital and other villagers that came to watch the ceremony were being taken to my father’s kingdom for sanctuary. Myself, Tristan, Tara and Roux were going to deal with Leonard once we figured out how. But that wasn’t my biggest concern, Brian was in a state of shock from what happened at the ceremony. I walked over to where Brian was sitting and sat down next to him.

“What the hell happened back there? How did I do all that stuff?”
Brian asked looking over at me. I frowned at him diverting my gaze. It was now or never. I needed to tell him everything. I knew I ran the risk of having him upset with me. But it was a risk I needed to take. I looked at him placing my hand over his.
“There was a prophecy given when I was born. It foretold of a man falling from the sky, that he would be from another world and that he would be the only thing that could protect me from the evil that seeked to be my undoing. That he would have an army of his own and together, we would end the age of darkness”.
I said.

Brian looked at me with a confused expression. He looked like he was ready to break out laughing. But his smile faded as he looked at me a little longer. The reality setting in.
“What? Why didn’t you tell me that to start with?”
He asked getting to his feet. I stood hugging myself as I did.
“Would you have believed me Brian? You thought I was hired as some prank. The chances of you believing that you were some hero chosen from another world is very unlikely. “
Brian ran his hands back through his hair as he paced. I knew he must have been going mad with questions now. I looked down feeling guilty for dropping all this on him.

“Brian, I’m sorry. I should have told you sooner”.
I said braking the tense silence between us. Brian sighed turning back to me.
“No, you were right I wouldn’t have believed it. But why me? Why not someone else?”
Brian said. I shook my head lightly as I turned away from him letting my arms fall to my sides.
“I don’t know Brian. But you were chosen, whether or not you want to complete this task is your choice. But you don’t owe me anything, and honestly I’d feel better if we just got you back to your world so you could get back to your life”.

I said, Brian narrowed his eyes at me slightly like he was somehow hurt by what I said. He took hold of my hand.
“Hey, you’re not sacrificing yourself to save me alright?”
Brian stated looking determined. I looked up at him not sure why he was being so devoted to this task. He hardly knew me at all. Brian kept hold of my hand.
“I get whatever this is, it’s a blessing and an honor for someone like you. But for me, it’s like leading a lamb to slaughter and I won’t let you do that to yourself. If your Goddess picked me to keep that from happening. Then, I’m going to keep it from happening”.

“Then you are going to need a lot of training”.
Tristen smirked at Brian who stood his ground at my side. Brian returned the sly smirk.
“Well, I can’t think of a better condescending asshole to train me then you”.
Brian shot back at him making Tristan laugh. He crossed his arms over his chest grinning at Brian.
“Oh no, now that your taking things more seriously. I’m going beyond condescending asshole. Because you protect my twin sister, I’m going to be your worst fucking nightmare”.
Tristan vowed. Brian didn’t look very intimidated in the slightest though. He merely grinned and gripped Tristan’s forearm in the normal greeting we had here. Tristan did the same grinning at Brian. I could only imagine the hell he would put Brian through. Tara laughed shaking her head at them.

“While the boys are beating each other up. We need to find a way to stop Leonard”.
Tara said turning to me. I nodded looking around at them all.
“We travel to the enchanted forest then. And seek out Merlin”.
I said. Brian’s eyes widened.
“Wait. Merlin as in the Wizard? As in the knights of the round table?”
Brian said. We turned to him.
“Knights of the what?”
Tristan asked raising an eyebrow. Brian shook his head lightly.
“Never mind. It couldn’t be the same guy. The Merlin I am thinking of is a fictional character”.
He laughed. I turned to Brian.

“Well Merlin is known for traveling the realms. He’s the only wizard who had been beyond the realm. It could be the same man”.
I offered. Tristan sighed with frustration.
“Ok, so we seek out Merlin. What help could he give us against a demon wizard?”
Tristan asked looking to me. I shrugged lightly.
“We’ll see when we find him wont we?”
I said turning away from them. I headed back to the camp knowing that things would only get harder form here. I just didn’t want to let the people or The Goddess down.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3