Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

The Maiden and the Rock star

Chapter Six Concealed feelings.

Chapter Six
Concealed feelings.

We had traveled across the land going a long way and directing anyone we came across towards my father’s kingdom since it was on the farthest part of the land and the safest place to be now. We had set up camp in a vacant filed, Brian would train with Tristan in the early morning hours before we’d pack up camp, and despite how he was improving I knew it was taking a lot out of Brian to train so hard. Tara was busy making food for everyone, while Roux and Tristan were telling Brian all about encounters with dragons and ogres. I smiled at the sight of them, I couldn’t have asked for better people to have around me now that everything was becoming much grimmer.

I didn’t know when Leonard would make his next move or what it would be. But I needed to be ready, which was why it was so important for me to find Merlin as quickly as I could. I started across the field the laughter and fire light getting dimmer into the background. I sat down leaning back on my hands and gazed up at the clear starlit sky. The full moon like a beautiful crystal orb hanging high and watching over the world below. I laid back resting my hands against my stomach as I watched the never changing sky.

“Mind if I join you?”
I looked over at Brian smiling at him moving over and giving him room. Brian sat down laying back in the grass with his hands behind his head. I turned my gaze back towards the stars.
“Makes you feel so small, you never see the stars like this in Huntington”.
Brian said. I looked over at him giving a light smile. He never talked about his home with me before, I was interested in knowing about the world he called home. What it was like and what the people were like.

“You’ve never talked about your home before. It must be a wonderful place”.
I said. Brian gave a slight snicker as he looked back at me.
“Well, we don’t have magic or dragons. But we’ve got technology and some other random crap”.
Brian said. I giggled looking back towards the stars.

“You have friends and family, people you miss”.
I said not able to bring myself to look at him. Maybe it was because I didn’t want to see his reaction to my question, to have my fears confirmed. Brian let out a heavy sigh at my question.
“I guess, there are some people I miss, mostly my friends. Matt, Jimmy, Zacky and Johnny. We grew up together, somehow we just connect I guess like you and Tristan do”.
I smiled to myself looking over at him.
“Tristan and I are twins. We were born together. While he is more reckless then I am. But I also know he would use that recklessness to keep me alive no matter the cost. Tristan has always valued my life more than his own”.
I said.

Brian looked over at me.
“So, do you have some knight in shining armor waiting for you in your father’s kingdom?”
Brian asked. I frowned at the thought.
“He is no knight, and I do not love him nor will I ever love him. His name is Emmett and he is Liliana’s younger brother. My father made an arrangement with his parents when I was born to make sure I’d always be cared for”.
I said giving a heavy sigh.
“I know he thought he was doing the right thing. But Emmett is not a good man, he is not how I pictured my husband”.
Brian shook his head as he sat up.
“Wow. I’m almost sorry I asked that”.
He said,

I looked over at him.
“It isn’t something I am happy about. I’ve often wished to find true love like my mother did with my father. She was a serving girl and my father fell for her instantly. He fought with his family for many years so that they could be together. In the end, my grandfather gave in. seeing the risks my father was willing to take for her. Emmett is not that kind of man, he sees me as property he owns. Simply because his family rules all of Phenoria. The thought of being his wife sickens me”.
I said sitting up bringing my knees to my chest.

‘That is why I am happy for being chosen. It means he cannot lock me away and force me to bare his children. Emmett would keep me locked in a tower if it was his choice”.
Brian narrowed his eyes slightly.
“Sounds like someone needs to kick this guy’s ass”.
I laughed lightly looking over at Brian.
“You sound like Tristan now. He doesn’t care for Emmett either”.
Brian smirked to himself looking out across the vast field as the wind combed through the long lush green grass.

“Sounds like we agree on something after all”.
Brian said. I looked over at him.
“So, what do you do in your world?”
Brian smiled at me.
“I’m sort of a rock star, my friends and I have a band and we’re famous I guess you could say.”
Brian said his smile never leaving his lips at the memory. I beamed at him.
“So you’re like a bard”.
Brian’s face fell.

“What? No, nothing like that, we don’t wear poufy pants and shirts and prance around with loots. We’re kind of more than that”.
Brian laughed. I giggled as I rested my chin against my knees.
“So what interment do you play?”
I asked. Brian got this smug smirk on his lips leaning back on his hands.
“Guitar. I’m kind of a bad ass”.
He flashed a smile making me laugh.

“I don’t doubt it. I assume you have many “fan girls” as you put it”.
I asked. Brian shrugged.
“Maybe. People give me this whole ladies’ man rep. but I’m not. I mean I could be, it isn’t like the opportunity isn’t there I just want something more than a fan girl”.
Brian said. I smiled at his expression seeing how he truly meant what he was saying. He really did want something that was real and honest. I looked back towards the night sky.
“My grandfather taught me how to read the stars. The constellations and what have you. As a child I was fascinated with the sky and what laid beyond it”.
I said.

Brian smirked at me.
“So you’re a nerd”.
He teased, I looked at him feeling slightly confused.
“A nerd? I suppose that would be a bad thing?”
I asked. Brian laughed looking back towards the night sky.
“Well normally it is, but you’re the hottest nerd I’ve ever met”.
He said.

I rolled my eyes at him.
“Lovely compliment Sir Brian. Insult a girl for her fascination with the stars and then turn it into a compliment”.
I teased in a sarcastic tone making him laugh. I stood giving a heavy sigh.
“Either way, I suppose our worlds are far too different to understand one another”.
I said as he stood. Brian smiled down at me taking a step closer to me. I paused in my movements stilling my breath as his hand cupped my cheek.

“I don’t think we’re all that different, we come from different worlds but I think we both want the same thing”.
Brian said. I found it impossible to look away from him as he gazed down at me.
“We do?”
I asked lightly not sure I knew what he was saying. Brian nodded to me.
“We both want to get back to camp before Tristan and Roux eat all the food”.
Brian smirked. I sighed looking away from him.

“Right. Let’s go”.
I said turning away from him. I didn’t quite understand what was happening here with Brian. I couldn’t allow myself to get attached to him. At some point he would be going back to his home land.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3