Incubus

Transitioning Through the Looking Glass

Stepping out from the mirror's reflection, he closed the vortex with a snap of his delicate fingertips. As he fixed his silky shirt, he gazed off in contemplation and took a slow, deep breath. He was finally free from his work and duties.. Oh, how he longed for such a momentous occasion... A vacation. It had been a LONG time coming.

He stared down his reflection, and raised an aristocratic brow. With a flick of his devilish tongue, he raised his thumb up and licked it, then placed his index finger and thumb around the tip of an ever-so-slightly askew curl at the side of his hair. Perfection.

The sweet, diabetes-inducing smell of donuts lingered in the air, with an undercurrent of coffee blends and cappucino froth. Beyond this, the chattering of human conversation twittered about the air. Humans, speaking of their dreams, their desires... The little demon could already feel his mouth watering. An open menu, a three-course meal... complete with desserts, those bittersweet little lovers' dreams...

Those were the most delectable of all.

'I couldn't have been created with more perfection,' he thought to himself, both aloud and less-than modestly. However, he stopped, and his mouth quickly drew into a frown. The reflection of someone, a human, was behind him. He couldn't be caught, not so soon. He had to act quickly before there was a panic... after all, the little wings at his back would not be very easily explained.. nor would be his little pointed tail. The little demon spun around, ready to give said person a huge dose of an amnesia-inducing spell when he realized that it was only a few posters.

'Made up to look far too flashy for their budget', he chuckled to himself, noting one in particular. That's when he realized that he couldn't go out there wearing what he was. It would be far too risky...

His clothing from his world was not the kind any normal human would wear. Robes of silk, a cravat... He'd be mistaken for some kind of Vampire. Especially with his hairstyle. As he made up his mind what to do, it occured to him. A snap of his fingers and his clothing magically changed to suit one of the more subdued looks from a poster. A clean suit, a red tie, and boots to give him a little more height. He admired the fabric for a moment and tapped the wings at his back. Both his tail and two wings disappeared. He smirked triumphantly and strolled out of the washroom, through the long line of coffee drinkers, and out the glass front doors.

No one would ever suspect a thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mumafic resumes.