Status: Hi everyone. I am really excited about this book and will try to update asap

All's Fair in Love & High School

Chapter 3

We walked through the hallway hand and hand, and I tried my hardest to ignore the looks but it just wasn't happening. I squeezed Dave's hand and he bent down to ear level and whispered “It's okay. People are always going to talk. Just let it slide.”

I nodded my head and continued to strut with my man.

When we finally made it to my locker, we pecked and then he released my hands so that I could put my stuff away.

“Thanks for picking me up again this morning Dave. I bet Rochelle is jumping for joy because she doesn't have to make a detour to my house every morning.” I giggled while pulling my history book out of my locker.

“Yea, I bet. And once again, it was no biggy.” He said while pulling me close by the shirt. I slapped his hand playfully and then a screaming Rochelle came running our way.

“I cannot believe it is finally happening!” She jumped up and down while hugging us both.

“Rochelle, unhand me.” She obeyed my wish but continued to flaunt her pearly smile.

I looked around the hall and all I seen was girls whispering and guys staring, but once I seen one specific guy, I couldn't look away.

He looked so hurt but I noticed that he wasn't staring at me but at my hand, which was being held by Dave's hand.

Rochelle and Dave didn't even realize that I was out of zone because they were talking about the date.

Finally, Kyle looked up at my face with the saddest look. He shook his head and stormed off. What the hell was that? Why is he mad? I'm the one who should be mad. His ass the one that cheated on me.

Even though that is all true, I can't help but want to run after him. It's like an energy pull and I'm sucked in.

“Hey. Um, you guys, I'm going to go to the restroom real quick. Sorry, I'll just see you both later on.” I said in a rush. I closed my locker but and was getting ready to take off when I felt a hand stopping me. I looked up and seen Dave lean in for a kiss. I kissed back of course but it didn't feel right.

“I'll see you later baby.” He let go of my hand and I just starred up at him for a moment.

“Y-Yea. Okay.” And with that, I left.

I have to find Kyle before first period start. I was running through the hall looking everywhere. I stopped for a moment to take a breather. Man, how can he be gone that fast?

“Looking for someone?” I stood straight up and turned around. Kyle?

“I..I just wanted to..” I found myself not being able to complete my sentence. My words kept getting jumbled up in my head. He was just standing there waiting for me to talk.

“I just wanted to...say...hey.” What the hell? Why did that just come out of my mouth?

He shook his head and started walking off again.

I grabbed his arm and turned him to face me. “Okay. No. That is not what I wanted to say. I wanted to ask what the hell is wrong with you? What are you doing here? Why are you... fuc**ng confusing me?” These are all questions that I wanted answers too.

“What is up with me? What the hell is up with you? Dating that loser?” Ohhh, so he is jealous. That is bull shit.

“Are you jealous Kyle?” I said with a grin.

“Jealous? Hell no. I just think...you can do better. I mean come on..Really?” I laughed in his face because he was indeed jealous. With his lying ass. He always lying and shit.

“I can do better, huh? Well, I think I am doing a lot better. Dave treats me amazing and I know for a fact that he would never cheat on me.” I said with anger and crossed my arms in front of me.

“So that is why your with him. You know that he is a safe guy, but come on...” he stopped mid sentence and walked the distance between us and continued his sentence while being all in my personal space, “i know that you still want me. Stop shitting yourself and let the loser guy go.”

I opened my mouth in shock and slapped him in the face. “Just stay the hell away from me, okay? I don't want anything to do with you, and stay out of my relationship. He is fifty times the man you will ever be. Got that?” I ended it with a turn and a flip of my hair. Ass hole. You know what, no. I am not done with him. I turned back around and walked back to him, but he didn't even look the slightest bit upset. He had his arms crossed while grinning at me.

“What the hell are you smiling for? I just fired yo ass up and you gone stand here and grin at me? I just came back to...” He looked at me with that charming smile and my heart almost broke. His smile. The smiled that I loved so much.

I heard the clearing of a voice and when I finally made eye contact with him, he said “You were in the middle of saying something. Are you going to continue?” He looked so entertained right now.

“Hell yea I'm going to continue. The hell you think this is?” He raised his eyebrows in a dramatic way but kept his stance. Shit. I hate him. He always does this to me. And I freaking forgot what I came back to tell him.

“Umm, well, I was just going to tell you that...I do not want you. Your full of yourself. I don't miss you one bit.” Ha. Let's see him beat that.

“Then why did you come seek me out in the first place?”

….huh?

“Excuse me?” I said almost under my breath. “I said why did you come to seek me out in the first place? Why didn't you stay with your new boyfriend who can treat you better than I can, which we all know is full of shit.”

I didn't speak. I couldn't say anything because I didn't even know the answer myself. I could just lie to him but what would be a good lie.

...okay, I got nothing.

“Look, I don't have to explain anything to you. Your not my boyfriend.” I said with attitude.

“Yea, because I'M here boyfriend.” Dave? Kyle looked behind me with a scowl on his face and I quickly turned in my spot to see Dave standing there throwing daggers at Kyle.

“Dave. We were-” “It's okay. You don't have to say anything.” Dave took a few steps forward to where he was standing next to me and wrapped his left arm around my waist.

I could see Kyle holding back his anger as he looked down at the arm wrapped around me and back at Dave.

“Look little man, I'm not trying to fight you. You can keep her.”

“Good...because it's not like I was gone let you have her anyway.” Dave replied with venom in his voice.

Kyle looked at him with nothing but fire in his eyes, and I know that look because when we was dating... Let's just say that Kyle will fight for his girl. And I have seen plenty of them. I know what he can do with his fist and I don't think Dave wants to experience that.

“Dave. It's okay. Let's just get out of here.” I said quietly.

“Yea, you better listen to her little boy. Wouldn't want you getting hurt, now would we?” Kyle said with a smirk on his face. He is really trying it today.

I started pulling Dave away and to my surprise, he followed.

Once we were at Dave's locker, I quickly asked “What was that about?”

He just looked at me like I was crazy. “What was that about? Oh, that was about my girlfriend talking to her ex boyfriend that she claims she hates.”

“I ran into him on my way to the restroom. He asked me how I was doing and I told him that I was great...and yea. That is all.” He eyed me up and down while shaking his head. He turned to walk off and I grabbed him swiftly. “Please don't be upset. It was nothing Dave. I promise. Ignore Kyle, because he is an idiot and he is just jealous of you right now.”

It took a minute but Dave finally smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. “Well, he should be because I have the most amazing and gorgeous girlfriend in the world.” I blushed and looked away but I couldn't help feeling guilty on the inside.

I feel like this relationship isn't sincere.

“Thanks. And I have the sweetest, most caring boyfriend in the world” I said.

“Hey. Hey. Don't forget sexy, and handsome, and charming...” He trailed off.

“Okay, don't get ahead of yourself.” I jumped in. We both laughed and then the bell for first period rung.

“Alright baby. I'll see you at lunch. And try to stay away from the moron.” I nodded and gave him a gentle kiss. “Will do.” He waved bye and turned the corner.

Sigh

This is going to be a long semester.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, and I hope you like. Feedback would be nice. I want to hear what my readers have to say. And how do you all feel about Kyle and Dave?

Thanks again for reading