The Art of Subconscious Illusion

Chapter Eight.

Image

Chapter Eight.

Zacky had barely spoken two words to me since the incident at the pool, causing the tension in the air to increase. It had been a few hours since Rach and Mel had already woke up, I decided to bring them down to the beach to show them how beautiful it was and take pictures. We dressed up into some gorgeous dresses, all short and lacey and our favorite colors and just as the other two were out the door, I was stopped.

“Where do you think you’re going dressed like that?” Zacky asked, causing me to turn and look at him.

“I’m going to take them to the beach,” I stated, crossing my arms in front of my chest, causing my breasts to move up and out. “Why does what I’m wearing matter?” I questioned him, watching him bite his lip.

“I wouldn’t want you to get sunburnt is all…” He stated and I raised my eyebrow at him, “What? I can’t be concerned?”

“Well, you did ignore me for quite a bit today after your little episode, I am going to be a little shocked.” I point out, seeing his eyes narrow at me and I knew I had upset him.

“Well I’m sorry that I can’t be as perfect as you.” He countered, “Yeah I’m an idiot, but at least I’m not parading myself around in a short dress.”

“Zacky, you couldn’t pull off a short dress.” I countered, glaring at him. “Why are you showing so much concern over me wearing a dress? Jesus, it’s not even that short!”

“Because...there’s creeps out there. And I don’t want some guys hitting all over you.” he stated, turning to face me and I just raised an eyebrow at him, wondering why he didn’t want other guys to pay attention to me.

“And your opinion on that matters to me why?” I asked, gritting my teeth and his face fell before he just turned away and started walking away from me. I grabbed him by the arm and he whirled back around, his eyes filled with anger. “Zacky! What the hell is going on with you? Why are you acting like this?” I begged him to explain it to me because I just didn’t get it.

“What happened between Gena and I was a mistake, okay! I don’t want her back. And here I am trying to right my wrongs from the past, bringing you here for a second chance and I just completely fucked up! You probably think the worst of me and that I’m an idiot for falling into her trap. I know that okay. And that’s why I’m acting like this. Because had I not messed up, I might’ve had a shot! A chance to win you back instead of her…” he just completely went off on a tangent and I was taken aback by what he had just told me.

“Z-Zacky, what are you talking about? A chance to win me back instead?” I asked, needing him to clarify what he was going on about. He hated my guts in high school and made that very clear. So did he mean win me back?

“Damnit, don’t you remember anything from the night you drunk dialed me?” he asked, getting even more flustered.

“No! Because you won’t fucking tell me!” I practically screamed at him and suddenly he had me pressed against the back of the couch. “Z-Zacky?” I asked, looking up into his eyes. There was something about them. He looked at me differently. He responded by pressing his lips to mine passionately and every part of me wanted to melt into his kiss. But the logical part of me wanted to beat the fuck out of him. I clawed at his chest but he just deepened the kiss and my body responded by sinking into him and I found myself biting his lip as we pulled apart breathless.

“I don’t deserve you...that’s why I’m acting like this. And I can’t stand the idea that fucked up my last chance.” he murmured to me softly and pulled away, leaving me to regain my wind after he had left the room.

“Lucy, are you-What’s the matter?” Mel came back in and stood at the door, watching me regain my sanity after what just happened. I was leaning halfway over the couch, breathing heavily with tears stinging my eyes.

“I’ll tell you later...just get me out of here, right now.”I replied and grabbed my bag that I had dropped in the middle of everything and fled the house as fast as I could. Mel ran after me and got in the passenger side, her features expressing worry the way she always did when I acted out of character.

“What’s wrong, two minutes ago you were happy and peppy and now you’re all freaking out.”Rach asked, sitting up to put her two sense in.

“Lets just get to beach and I’ll explain there.” I told them and they remained silent as the grave until we pulled into the beach parking lot.
“Okay, we’re here, so spill.” Rachel asked, serious as a heart attack.

“Guys...Zacky fucking kissed me!” I cried out, tears flooding my eyes and I was brought into Mel’s arms as I cried my eyes out.

“Are you fucking serious? Did he take advantage of you honey?” Rach asked while rubbing my back to soothe me.

“I ...I don’t know. We got into an arg...and argument and he just k-k-kissed me! I kissed him back for some reason!” I explained through sobs. “Even after he just slept with his ex!”

“Oh Sweetheart, maybe its time to go back home soon and just come back when we have that dinner with your family.” Mel suggested and I looked up at her through my streaming tears. “Would you like that?” she asked, brushing my hair out of face. I just nodded and buried my face in her bosom one again.

“Well...in the meantime, don’t let it get to, okay. It’s our time to have some girl time on this perfect sunny day, and no one, especially no boy is going to ruin our day. Let’s go have fun.” Rachel stated and we both nodded and I broke away from Mel’s embrace gently and dried my eyes. We grabbed our stuff and got out of the car to go find a spot on the beach to set up.

I didn’t know how to tell Zacky that I wanted to go home...I didn’t understand quite what he wanted to happen between us and that terrified me. He still hadn’t answered me to what I had said on the phone...something told me that my drunk self spilled more than she should have. The only possible thing that came to mind would be...oh god no! What if I told him that I used to like him? Was that it? It would make sense other than me calling him strange things and telling him how much he fucked up my life.

I started walking on the beach, feeling the sand between my toes and the waters breaking on the shore. We would leave either Tuesday night or Wednesday, because I couldn’t deal with a whole damn week of this. Our beach trip only lasted an hour at most before we made our way back to the house, finding the other guys were gone. I wonder if Zacky had gone with them?

Opening the door, it revealed Zacky sitting in the middle of the floor and holding a bottle of Jack Daniels. He looked up at me, his eyes glazed over and he smiled at me goofily as if he had just remembered a funny joke. I told Mel and Rach to go ahead downstairs as I sat down down in front of him.

This was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally got this chapter out with some help, I'm so glad! I hope you all are enjoying this as much as I am enjoying writing it! Things are going to get interesting in the next chapter, how is Lucy going to deal with having Zacky drunk and talking to her?

Please recommend/comment/subscribe!

Recs: 9
Readers: 109
Subscribers: 33
Comments: 12
Total Word Count: 19665

Until Next Time!