Status: active-ish

Dénouement

Un

There's no room in the crowded bar and she can feel the elbows of the people around her impaling her ribs and stomach. The smell of sweat, booze, and smoke makes for an unpleasant aroma and she can feel it physically taking her breath away, and not in the good way, definitely not in the good way. She feels like she's being smothered and she can't take it anymore. She glances around the room, desperately looking for the exit sign. As soon as she spots it at the far end of the bar, she shoves through the gyrating bodies, ignoring the protests and swearing that follows. She just can't bring herself to give a fuck at the moment.

When she finally makes it outside, she leans against the brick wall and tilts her head back, inhaling the crisp autumn air. She's finally alone and can be herself, where she doesn't have to keep up appearances. She feels alive. She lights a cigarette and closes her eyes, taking a long drag before slowly letting the smoke billow out from her mouth. Oh, but her feeling of peace doesn't last long. It never does. She hears the door open and footsteps follow. She tilts her head down, letting her bright blue hair act as a curtain. The stranger walks up beside her and leans next to her on the wall.

“Those can kill you, you know.” He says, nodding at her cigarette. He takes out a pack of Marlboros from his pocket.

She glances up and when she takes in his appearance, she smiles. Its a slight thing, barely even there. She notices the look of shock that crosses his features, the way his eyes widen and the way his lips part slightly. His cigarette falls from his mouth. Its been a long time.

“My dear Eaton, we all die in the end.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New story that I'm actually going to try and finish. I have a lot of hope, and already a lot of love, for this story so lets see how this goes.