She Loves Me

1/3

I smiled as I watched my girlfriend fiancée dance in the snowfall. She was wearing a simple summer dress and she was going to get sick, but she was happy. I was standing on our porch, smoking, in a jacket as I watched her.

I laughed as she stopped dancing to catch snow on her tongue. “Lauren, you’re going to get sick,” I told her, flicking my ashes off to the side.

“Don’t care!” I shook my head and watched as she just stood there. I walked over to her and took my jacket off to put it on her. I was wearing more clothes - sweatpants and a short sleeve shirt - and I didn’t want her to be cold. She leaned her head on my chest and sighed, contently. “In two weeks, I am going to be Mrs. Tristan Hanson,” She murmured, a big smile on her face. “And I can’t fucking wait.”

“We’re gonna move the wedding back if you don’t get inside. You get sick easily and you don’t get over it easy,” I reminded her. I was joking about moving the wedding back, but she did get sick too easy and I didn’t want her to be sneezing her head off as she took care of the last few things she had to do - apparently they were bride things and I couldn’t do them.

“But it’s pretty out here. I don’t want to go in,” She told me, pouting.

“I know, but you can look out the window. Come on.” I flicked my cigarette out and pulled her into the house with me. “Want to watch a movie?” I asked as we kicked our shoes off and she put my jacket on a chair by the door.

Lauren nodded and pulled me into the living room to push me on the couch. I rolled my eyes, smiling, as she went to get a movie set up. When the previews were playing, she sat on my lap and snuggled against me. “Hey, Tristan…” I hummed and looked at her. “So, since my family is crazy and your family is a little crazy too, could we-”

“Wait, our families are crazy? Are you sure? I thought they were perfectly sane,” I joked. She smacked my chest, lightly. “Continue, cutie.”

“Could we have… like a pre-wedding? Something’s going to go wrong and I don’t want that wedding to be my perfect wedding, cause it won’t be… And the pre-wedding doesn’t have to be official, I just want a cute and calming wedding memory.”

I snorted and kissed her forehead. “You need to stop watching romantic comedy shows. How do you know something’s going to go wrong?”

“Hey! You do cut your hair when you get overwhelmed,” She pointed out. “Don’t make it seem like nothing will go wrong.”

I shook my head. “If anything, I’m gonna cut my hair when we get back from our honeymoon because everything after that will be stressful.” I kissed her. “If you really want, we can have a little pre-wedding. Do you want anyone there? Or do you want it to be just us?”

“Maybe just your best man and my maid of honor.” She kissed my cheek and moved my arms around her. “And maybe a dog.”

I laughed and kissed the top of her head. “Okay. Whatever you want, Lauren.” We snuggled and watched The Avengers. A little before the end of the movie, she fell asleep on my lap and I just smiled at her. I was the luckiest man in the world to have her in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
First story in a while, hope you like~