Kill Me I Dare You

Verdict

I stood waiting for the verdict. My breath was caught in the back of my throat as the judge put on his glasses.

The old man seemed to be taking a long time. I overlooked him. His shiny pale head. His sparkling blue eyes. You wouldn't think twice that this sweet old man would be making the decision to put a woman in jail for life or not.

I looked at my lawyer,what a shmuck. He had a black suit, his cold Gray eyes looked foreword, and a nose like Tucan Sam. He had black hair that flowed. But he looked like a bird.

Life seemed to be moving in slow motion as the judge's mouth opened. I almost couldn't comprehend the words.

"Charlotte Eleanor Evans, the grand jury has voted, and has come to the verdict." The judge paused.

Are you ready dear?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Let the record show that the defendant nodded," He said with a smile.

"On the charge of murder in the first degree, the court has voted guilty."

I could hear gasps from Stenny and the guys in their seats. I could feel tears leaking from my eyes.

"Please see me in my chambers for final punishment."

I felt my feet moving. But I still felt like I was in that chair. The chair that I would remember as the one that ruined my life. I sat in another chair now. In the Judge's chambers. He sat behind his desk pondering.

"Since the jury did not vote on life without parole it is my decision to set the allotted time. So I hear by rule that Charlotte will have a life sentence with a chance of parole in three years. My final decision has been made." He slammed a small gavel in his chamber and we all stood. I shook my lawyers hand.

As the bailiff took my arms and cuffed me I let tears leak out. The bailiff was sympathetic as we walked, slowly.

"I was supposed to have a different lawyer, she went into labor," I sobbed, thinking of the shmuck that was my replacement.

"I've taken away a lot of criminals, but hun, you sure as hell don't look like one,"

"Do you think I'll make parole?" I asked as he put me in a holding cell.

"i sure hope so,"

He walked away and I sat crying. My life was over. I would forever be behind thick steel bars, I would never get to hug Stenny, yell at Mikey, tease Gerard, touch Ray''s fro. I would never visit Frank again.

I let out loud sobs.

I then promised to myself, right there, in the smelly holding cell, that in three years, I'd be out, and making up for every minute that I missed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you sad?
Cause I cried when I wrote this
The rest will be written in letters
comments-updates