Status: i'll update whenever, i have a lot of things

Corrupting You

Till the Police Came

“We should go out tonight. Do something fun,” Vic said and led me towards my next class. “Why?” He looked a little offended before smiling again. “Because you need fun in your life, especially today,”
I just shrugged lightly in response. Vic opened his mouth to talk again, but got cut off by the principal and police officer who were both waiting outside of my math class. I let go of Vic's hand before they could see it and waited for them to move out of the way; only they didn't.
“Kellin, we're going to need to speak with you,” Mr. McCarthy said with a firm look on his face. My heart beat faster as he spoke, and even though I knew it was childish; I got nervous. I had never been in trouble at school before and I couldn't help but to feel scared.
“W-why?” I asked shakily and put my hands into the pockets of Vic's hoodie. He had slept in it last night and then I stole it this morning. It was so soft and comfortable, not to mention that it smelled fantastic; like him now.
“Just come with me please,” he said. “Vic, get to class,” Vic glanced at me worriedly and frowned when I just nodded. He watched us all for a minute before walking away skeptically.
“What did you want to talk to me about?” I asked as the cop beside him started ushering me towards the main office. “Kellin, it's been brought to my attention that you ran away from home this week,” Mr. McCarthy said with disappointment lacing his voice.
“No, I--”Kellin, please just cooperate with us here. We know the situation and we're going to listen to your side, but you need to realize that this is very serious,”
I sighed quietly, but didn't say anything back as he held the door open for me. The officer followed us both into the office and down the small hall to his particular office space. My parents were both sitting there with nervous looks on their faces. “Oh Kellin,” my mom said and shot up out of her chair to hug me.
I didn't hug her back though. I was not at all in the mood for her affection, especially since I knew they were faking it. My parents wanted to send me away and I couldn't forget that.
“We've been so worried about you honey,” she said and held me at arms length to look at me. “Why? You wanted to get rid of me,” I stated with a blank expression. “No, we don't want that. But we do think that military school could help fix this attitude problem of yours,” I just looked at the principal as he sat down.
“What did you need to talk to me about?” I asked again, getting more and more agitated as he refused to give me a real answer. “Well Kellin, you're here because your parents want you to come home,” he said.
“But I don't want to go home,” My mom gave me a small look of hurt as she sat back down beside my father, who stone-faced suddenly. “And why is that?” the officer asked. “Because they don't allow me any freedom to be myself and they punish me if I think something different than what they think. They both hate my best friend; who they don't even know, and refuse to get to know him because he's Mexican and gay,” I said and then stopped before I started ranting.
“Mhm. Is that true Mr. and Mrs. Bostwick?” he asked. “No, of course not. He's just trying to stay out of trouble,” I rolled my eyes at my father and looked away from him. “I'm not. My mother saw him after school and accused him of trying molest me because he touched my arm. They won't let him over to our house and I'm not supposed to be friends with him because they think that he's a 'filthy sinner who deserves to go to hell'. My father even hit me because I--”
I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself, in shock that I had let that out. I was so mad at him that it just slipped out, even though I didn't mean to say it.
“You hit him?” the officer asked. “No I--”Enough. Kellin, did your father hit you?” My eyes darted around, looking everywhere but at them. “Kellin?” I nodded slowly. “Just once though, and it wasn't even hard,” I said, trying to defend him for whatever reason. “I have every right to discipline my child the way that I see fit. But that isn't the issue here. My son ran away from home and we have suspicions of who he's been staying with,” I looked at my dad, actually astounded that he thought it was okay to hit me. I was trying to protect him, but he didn't even see it as something he had done wrong.
“And who do you think that might be?” Principal McCarthy asked. “That boy that Kellin was talking about. He's a bad influence,” I glared at him, furious with my father. He had no right to bring Vic into this.
“Kellin, is it Vic that you were talking about?” he asked me. I looked at my principal, immediately regretting allowing Vic to walk me to class today. “No,” He sighed and rested his hands on his desk.
“Officer Kinney, could you go and get Vic Fuentes for me?” Officer Kinney did as he asked and left the room. “Kellin, why don't you have a seat?” I just stood there rigidly, not wanting to cooperate anymore. How could they bring Vic into this? This was our problem, not his. He was just being a good boyfriend and letting me stay with him.
I bit into my lip nervously as we waited. I didn't want Vic or his family to get into trouble; especially not because of me. They had all been so sweet to me lately.
I turned around to look at him as Vic followed the cop into the room. He met my eyes and then looked towards my parents. “What's going on?” he asked and crossed his arms over his chest.
“Vic, has Kellin been staying with you?” Principal McCarthy asked. Vic looked at him and then me, almost asking what to say. “Vic,” He just pressed his lips. “Why?” he finally said after another tense minute of silence.
“Because he's a minor and as of right now, he's being considered a runaway,” Vic's eyes widened slightly. “His parents were threatening to send him away and he got scared. It's not his fault,”
I smiled the tiniest bit. Vic was such a good person, and of course he would try to defend me. “I know that Vic. And I'm guessing that you two are good friends. Maybe even more than friends?”
Vic and I both paled while my father stood up in outrage. “You had better not be. I don't want that boy anywhere near my son. He's ruining him with his homosexual ways,” he said angrily.
“No, we're just friends, I promise,” I said to try and calm him down. “Don't lie to me Kellin, I know--”Kellin, where did you get that jacket?” My mother asked, completely cutting him off.
I looked down at Vic's key street hoodie and frowned. “Um, Vic lent it to me. I forgot to take one with me,” I lied. “No, you definitely had one,” I shook my head in denial. They couldn't know that I had feelings for Vic.
“I let him borrow it, his is--”You get away from him,” Vic took a step back, actually looking offended as my dad scolded him. “Excuse me?” he asked. “I want you to stay away from my son you heathen,” Vic pressed his lips tightly.
“Mr. Bostwick, sit down please,” Officer Kinney said. “No. Not until that boy admits to infecting my son--”Infecting him? Shouldn't I be saying that to you, considering you tried to teach Kellin that anyone who isn't a white, heterosexual, virgin christian deserves to go to hell?” Vic asked.
“I never said--”Yes you did. You've told Kellin his whole life that people who don't believe the same things that you do are sinners. And you can't deny it because I'm a gay, Mexican that doesn't believe in God and you hate me because that's all you care about in a person,”
My dad stood there without a word to say. He couldn't deny any of what Vic said and now he had nothing left to say on the matter. “Kellin, I understand that this may not be the best situation but you still have to go home with your parents. You did technically run away from home, but given the circumstances, I think that we'll be keeping them on close watch.”
I frowned, but nodded. “Fine,” I replied and then looked at Vic. “Can you give me a ride home then?” He nodded, just as my father piped up again. “No, he can't. We'll be taking you everywhere from now on and you won't be permitted to see this boy again. From this moment on, you are grounded for the next month,”
I looked over at the principal, hoping that he would do something. “I told you. I'm not allowed to do anything and now lately I've been allowed to do even less. They took away all of my electronics and I'm not allowed to leave the house. I don't have very many friends and none of them are as close as Vic and I. If I don't have anyone to talk to I'll go mad,” I explained.
“You can talk to us honey,” my mom suggested. “About what? You hate everything that I like and you don't approve of the one person that actually wants to be friends with me. I don't have anything else to talk about with you,”
She sat back with a frown on her lips. “If I'm supposed to go home with you then I want to be allowed out of the house. And you can't stop me from being friends with Vic,” My dad glared at me and then sighed. “We'll discuss this later. Go and get your stuff,” he said.
I looked over at Vic, as I was currently ride-less. “Okay, um, could we be excused for the day?” Mr. McCarthy nodded and then looked over at the police officer. “Could you escort them and make sure that Kellin gets home as soon as he has his belongings?” he asked.
“Yes. Come on,” He nudged Vic's arm to get him moving and then waited until I followed after him. I walked relatively close to Vic as the officer led us out of the building and then followed us to Vic's car.
I got in on the passenger side and dropped my bag into the backseat. “I hate my parents,” I said and angrily put my seatbelt on. “No you don't You're just mad at them,” I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest like a child. I didn't care.
“I resent them then. They make me so mad and it's not fair. Why can't I just be your friend?” I asked. “I don't know. But you can still sneak out and see me,” he offered, making me laugh.
Vic drove to his house with the cop tailing us the entire time. I got out when he pulled up outside of his house, Vic quickly following after me. He opened the door for me and then closed it to give us some privacy.
I ran up to his bedroom and sighed as I started putting my stuff back into the bag that I had taken with me. “Come here,” Vic said and pulled on my sleeve until I was pressed against his chest.
“Do you want me to come over tonight?” he asked. “No...I mean, I do, but my parents will probably be watching me 24/7 so, it'd be hard to sneak out. I'll let you know when I can though,” He nodded and then leant down to kiss me.
I kissed back, a little surprised by how passionate he was. His lips moved fervently against mine, molding perfectly to my own. “Come on, before that cop thinks that we're trying to escape,”
I laughed and nodded before going back to finish packing. I sneakily slipped one of Vic's shirts into my bag and then zipped it shut. He had worn it the other night and I loved how loose it would be on me.
“Ready to go?” he asked and held his hand out to me. “No, but come on,” He laughed and kissed the top of my head before leading me out of his house. I wanted to pout as we got back to their driveway and Vic let go of my hand so that the cop wouldn't see. I really liked holding his hand; it was always warm and felt slightly rough against my own, but it was so comforting to hold it in my own.
I wanted to hold his hand for as long as he would let me. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
hey, for once i said i was gonna update a specific story and actually did it. go me n shit

title- "Disasterology" Pierce the Veil