Devoted to the Girl

1/1

I just let myself into her room on that warm Saturday afternoon, and to no surprise I saw Shizuku hunched over all her text books studying. The sun shining on her hair made it look like a lighter golden brown, she instantly glared at me with her big brown eyes, and my heart began to flutter.

"Haru, you do realize inviting yourself over is rude?"

"Come on Shizuku, it's a beautiful day... Don't stay cramped inside studying," I said beaming my usual smile at her.

She put her pencil down, crossed her arms and just looked at me, as I rubbed the back of my head and grew nervous.

"Shizuku, I missed you and you haven't return my texts..." I began.

"I told you Haru, I'm busy," She replied coldly.

"What's the point of you having a phone if you aren't going to use it?" I argued arms flailing to express my opinion as I took a step forward, "You're my friend Shizuku,"

"You can always talk to Sōhei and Asako, they are your friends too," She turned back to her work with a sigh.

I grew frustrated... Why did she always have to be like this? She was clueless about my feelings, yet it made me love her even more. I approached her and embraced her with my body, Her head was on my chest... this is what felt like paradise to me, and I wanted to remain like this forever. Shizuku stayed for a moment, then she pushed me away, looking at me, her face a deep cherry red.

"HARU... You come on too strong," She flustered the words out.

My heart dropped and I looked away... Why do I always get rejected by her?

"You can't just go around and hug people, they will get the wrong idea," Shizuku continued to scold me

Tears filled my eyes, and gently begin to fall down my cheeks... She hated me.

"Haru?"

"I don't want you to hate me..." I mumbled wiping my face on my sleeve.

She sighed and shook her head, patting the top of my head as a way of showing what affection she had.

"So you brought me something?" Shizuku pointed at the gift bag next to me without any excitement.

"O-oh! I got this for you," I stated my emotions taking a complete turn, as I was happy to present Shizuku the gift I got her.

I placed it in her lap, then I nodded to encourage her to open it. She examined the small sparkly black bag for a moment, the tissue paper neatly in place... I spent hours making sure it looked perfect for her. She slowly pulled the tissue paper out, and unwrapped a small rectangular shaped package. When a brand new study guide was revealed, she smiled... that was the moment I was waiting for.

"I thought you hated it when I studied," she looked pleased at me.

"Whatever is important to you Shizuku is important to me, besides I love to see you smile," I giggled pleased that I accomplished my goal.

Shizuku turned red again and looked away from me.

"Why do you do this?" She asked.

"Shizuku...I love you," I blurted out, "And because I love you I will do anything for you. That includes making you smile, giving you what you need, and I will protect you until the end. I'm sorry if that makes you hate me sometimes, but I adore having you in my life," tears began falling down my face again.

Expressing this much emotion was a lot for me but I meant every word I was saying to Shizuku, I could never imagine life without her... from day one I was in love with her. I lowered my head, hoping she would understand this time, and I felt my hands being held by soft little warm hands.

"Don't cry," Shizuku softly said to me as I looked up into her eyes, "I love you too, Haru."