The Rising

Chapter 2

I was immobilized that was how stunned I was.

For a moment a flash of hope came through my mind before I brushed it off. His Familiar was most likely something small, or maybe he had some special power where they could be separated from more than 20 feet.

My train of thought was quickly interrupted as the princes sat down. For a moment the room was still before floods of females immediately rushed towards them, might I add still preening. My sister’s and I stood by the buffet table me munching on fineries we don’t usually acquire and they standing gracefully while quietly chatting, how you can mange to stand gracefully is beyond my mental capabilities. After a couple minutes I got used to the loud noises of the room and returned to my thinking business only yet again to be interrupted by the stares the watching men were directing at my sisters.

Even though I wasn’t looking at them I could feel their eyes piercing my back. After a few more moments I couldn’t take the hungry glares in our direction.
“Carrie, Violetta” I murmured in between bites of a candied cake “their stares are starting to-“
I abruptly stopped as I looked up to see that my sisters were nowhere in sight.

I sat the cake I had been nibbling on, on the buffet table, most likely breaking about a billion rules in etiquette about abandonment of food, but unease was spiraling in my stomach as I suddenly noticed how many strangers there were. There was no reason to be afraid, I knew that but despite logic I began to desperately take deep calming breaths, if you haven’t caught on by now you might realize I’m a teensy bit unstable growing up with two beautiful, overly protective sister’s was bound to take a toll somewhere.

I started walking while taking my breaths until finally, I caught a splash of violet and black. Relief filled me as I quickly pushed past the crowd of people in my way and flung myself at Violetta. Only to find that Violetta was not slim and was not wearing a black dress, in fact this Violetta was not wearing a dress at all, but a suit and her physique was quite muscular.
“Miss would you please do yourself and I the pleasure of letting go of me…now” an impatient, annoyed, melting chocolate sort of voice erupted in my ears.
I looked up to see a person who was definitely not Violetta staring down at me.

The prince Zach opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted as a piercing scream ripped through the air.

I ripped around and confirmed my growing horror as across the room Carrie collapsed to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading!

I just wanted you to know that I have published "The Rising" on a bunch of other story writing websites (such as Quotev), so all content is abosolutely original.

Please comment, follow and reccommend.

Any suggestions, critics or comments are welcome as well.

Thank you once again!

-Meaning of Life