The Rising

Chapter 3

I ran.

The falling slender figure of my sister was all I could see. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. My vision was quickly tinting red and I desperately shoved it away, right now was not time.

After ages I finally reached Carrie’s side, she was gasping in the arms of Violetta. Suddenly she stopped moving and a strange halo of light erupted in the ballroom.

In dread I watched Carrie’s blue eyes turn white and Snowe grow to the size of a swan, spreading her wings above her Familiar. I watched helpless as the prophecy flooded into my sister’s mind after this passed she would feel intense pain for days. Carrie’s mouth opened and her voice boomed through the giant room, it was completely silent as she spoke;

Go, Pheonix rise from the ashes
They are coming
Go Dragon, create your ripple
You must aid it
Go, Shadow
No longer may you stay in darkness
The world is ending
A new age approaches
Run, Run
Darkness Comes
Fight, Fight
Our last stand is near
Listen, this is no nursery rhyme
Your last warning does not came from the Present
Fight Dragon
Turn Shadow
Create Pheonix
Your last warning
Your last Stand
Your last Chance
Your last Choice
Live for Today
Go
With a final sigh Carolina Alexaindre fell into a death like sleep.

Violetta, stunned by the sudden weight, arms gave way and Carrie headed towards the floor. Once again my vision tinged red and I felt myself collapse to the floor as my sister had done moments before, the last thing I could remember was warms arms enveloping me.

I was floating. It’s a blissful thing to have nothing to weigh you down. The darkness I decided was a beautiful place.

“Seraphina” someone was calling my name, they had a beautiful sounding voice.

Not like Carrie’s voice that sounded like angel’s singing or Violetta’s that was layers upon layers of richness. No this voice was entrancing and intriguing no description of mine would even do justice to what it sounded like.

I floated in the darkness for a moment more before the pull of the voice overpowered me and I immediately followet it. I walked aimlessly looking for the being that could produce such a sound. Finally I saw it or more particularly that.

Layers upon layers of brilliant lights in reds, blues, whites, and about a billion other colours I couldn’t name. They blinded the cavern I could now see I was in. It was so bright I could not make out the figure of this being.

The voice echoed again.
“Serephina, wait. Soon you will see me soon. When you awake look for the Shade. That prophecy of your sister's was no fake. Something is coming a change is in the air. Quickly Seraphina. Go, awake. Soon. Soon you’ll see me. NOW GO!” Her voice ended in a shout and I awoke from my trance.
I quickly turned to face the blazing lights of reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi!

Thank you so much for reading!

I wasn't quite sure how good this chapter is, so I was hoping you could give me some feedback (the prophecy made me a bit uneasy).

I just wanted you to know that I have published "The Rising" on a bunch of other story writing websites (such as Quotev), so all content is abosolutely original.

Please comment, follow and reccommend.

Any suggestions, critics or comments are welcome as well.

Thank you once again!

-Meaning of Life