Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Dragon Age Rebellion

Chapter Three Daughters of a Prophet?

Chapter Three
Daughters of a Prophet?

All my life I have always been able to rationalize things in my mind, but this beast, the way I’d just killed it with no training and how that sword seemed to just appear before me. It made no sense. None of it. So you can only imagine my shock when I woke up in a strange room I’d never seen before. Thankfully my sister was there to calm me down before I lost it. As I jolted awake from strange dreams about a man cloaked in black with a large red dragon bigger than anything I’d ever seen behind him I wanted to scream. Krissi caught me by my shoulders bringing me back to reality if only for a moment.

“It’s ok Risa, we’re safe. We were saved by some nice people”.
Krissi stated with a calming smile. I wanted to believe her, I wanted to have that kind of faith in the people who saved us. But I didn’t, I couldn’t. I was scared out of my mind here and the fact that she wasn’t worried me even more. I climbed out of the bed bringing her to her feet and leading her down the hall. We needed to find whoever was in charge here and figure out what was happening.

Krissi was saying something about another world and a king but I brushed it off. I wanted facts. We followed along until we could hear voices talking. I approached the room the voices were coming from without hesitation and pushed the door open. Silence feel among the occupants of the room. Krissi frowned apologetically as we stood in the archway. My eyes fixed on him, the man’s face I saw before blacking out. He was real, I had thought he was just a dream or a guardian angel maybe. Yes me of all people assuming he was a guardian angel was kind of out there, but it was the only explanation I could find. He looked to a smaller woman with strange tattoos on her face and pointed ears.

“You’ve woken, how are you feeling?”
The woman asked in a kind tone. I kept tight grip on Krissi’s hand scanning the room, it seemed like everyone had armor on. This place was strange to me and for a moment I thought we were in some medieval enthusiast camp or something. They have cosplay for everything why not medieval things. I cleared my throat before speaking.
“Confused, and a little freaked out”.
I answered honestly. The woman nodded understanding as she approached us. I took a step back bringing Krissi with me not ready to trust her just yet. A man stepped up next to her putting his arm around her shoulders.

“I am Lyna and this is Aedan, we have been charged to care for you and your sister. Help you along the road ahead of you both, it is a long and dangerous one”.
Lyna said. Krissi took the lead now as I fell silent. I didn’t know how to respond to something like that. As my sister took a step forwards I kept hold of her hand not wanting her to get too close to these strangers or maybe it was because I didn’t trust them. My mind was too scattered to make sense of anything.
“What road is this?”
Krissi asked.

Aedan was next to speak as he kept his arm around Lyna.
“You and your sisters are the daughters of the Prophet Andraste, She appeared to my wife and foretold your coming. Until now no one knew that Andraste had children. It seems that she used some kind of magic to hide you both away in a world without magic. For your protection. However now someone has woken an evil god to draw the two of you back to this world where you were born. It is our mission to prepare you for what lays ahead. As well as uncover the truth behind Andraste’s secret of hiding the two of you away”.
Aedan said and I saw Krissi just drinking this in. I shook my head letting go of Krissi’s hand cupping my hands to the sides of my head getting a throbbing headache.
“No, that can’t be right. Krissi and I weren’t born here. This is wrong. You’re lying to us”.

I started to argue. Krissi looked back at me and frowned as I dropped to my knees, my head was pounding. Lyna looked back to the man who had found Krissi and I waving him forwards.
“Cullen, please take Risa back to her room. She’s obviously still in shock from everything”.
Lyna said. I obviously wanted to fight back, but I couldn’t the pain in my head was too much. Cullen as he was called scooped me up in his arms wedding style carrying me from the room. Once we arrived back in the room I woke up in, he sat me down on the bed and got me a goblet of water. I frowned at him.
“That can’t be true right? Krissi and I can’t be daughters of some prophet. We can’t be”.
I said. Cullen frowned at me crossing his arms as he leaned back against the wall.

“I suppose anyone can make that argument about something they find unbelievable. I could say the same about the world you came from. A world without magic just doesn’t seem possible to me. Yet here you are, pulled from that world”.
Cullen said. Somehow his logic made sense to me. I set the goblet aside looking down. If a world without magic was impossible for him to believe, my being here was proof of that world’s existence so he couldn’t dismiss it as being impossible. Which also meant my being here meant that a world with magic did exist because there was no other way to travel from the world we knew to this one without some kind of magic.

“You’re right, I can’t question the existence of these things anymore because I’m here. I’m here in a world I didn’t believe existed. And I couldn’t be here if it didn’t exist”.
Cullen walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. He smiled at me.
“That probably explains your headaches. Your mind is expanding and adjusting to this new information”.
Cullen said. I had to smile at his explanation for my headaches. He was probably right, the most closed minded person in the world would experience head pain when their mind expands.
“What happens now?”
I asked looking at Cullen. He sighed lightly.

“We have people looking into information on your birth and why your mother felt it was important that the two of you be hidden from the world you were born in. we also need to look into time in your world verses ours, Andraste existed hundreds of years ago. You and your sister appear to be no more than 21 years of age. Once we get things figured out. Then we will have more answers for you and your sister. In the meantime. We should build your skills. One of you is a skilled mage while the other a warrior”.
Cullen said. It was so obvious to me that Krissi was the mage. She loved magic more than life, but I had never seen myself as a warrior, still I remembered the way I took down that beast with no training. Somehow I knew how to kill the thing. It was unbelievable. Everything that was happening was unbelievable. Yet it was still happening, which meant all of this was real. I knew in that moment, without question that my life and Krissi’s life would never be the same again.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3